Eggcellent Egg Buddies - For those IVF'ing in August, September, October

(1000 Posts)
BeetleBeetle Tue 30-Jul-13 09:33:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Caip Wed 31-Jul-13 07:23:46

Morning all
tame bed, book, wine, mountains sounds idyllic right now

I got away without having to do down regging this time thank god but have been on progynova for a couple of weeks and cyclogest since Sunday. Forgot how bunged up they make you!

Good luck today fab

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Wed 31-Jul-13 08:29:10

Fab good luck for today, ill be thinking of you xxxx

Caip hello smile that's great that you don't have to down reg. Is cyclogest the pessaries? Ive not had that joy yet, I start them tomorrow.

Wish I'm hoping AF turns up soon so you can get started.

Tame that sounds like bliss grin keep updating us making us jealous

Brooker hope AF buggers off soon.

Res whats the news you tease?!

I can't remember who asked now but I'm off until tues. I'm a bit worried about going back then if I end up having transfer on Sunday. I've not really got much choice as I'm on a probationary period as its a new job and if I have more than 5 days off sick it triggers a review of my progress.

I'm still sore and exhausted this morning, how was everyone else after EC? Did it take a few days to recover?

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Wed 31-Jul-13 09:33:54

I've had the call from the embryologist. Only 11 eggs were mature and of them 6 have fertilised. They are going to call again on Friday to decide if we have a day 3 transfer or wait for day 5. Now starts the new mentalling, last night I was worried none of them would fertilise and now I'm scared we will be lucky to have any left in a few days and we won't get to blast.

nobeer Wed 31-Jul-13 10:34:51

cups my love, it took me a good week to recover after EC, and I think I foolishly overdid things the day or two after. I also had a hormonal tantrum meltdown about 4 days post EC because I felt so bloated that none of my clothes fitted me (they did fit, just a bit tight). I was fine once I sorted out the trapped wind and constipation. Oh the glamour! Try not to worry I'm one to talk. The clinic will do their best for your embies, you just have to put your trust in them. It's hard though!

nobeer Wed 31-Jul-13 10:35:38

brooks yes I'm the old fogey here sad

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Wed 31-Jul-13 11:23:13

Nobeer it's comforting to know I'm not alone in suffering. I'm so bloody constipated! And I've not stopped trumping blush I also can't stop eating but at the same time nothing tastes good weirdly. I'm going to wander down to the local shops and see if anything takes my fancy.

BrookerC Wed 31-Jul-13 11:28:38

cups it's normal to feel sore after EC. You need to rest loads. I was fine after ET-I went to work straight after. I found it as easy as a smear. The nurses suggested having the day off but my consultant said to go with how I felt. I very rarely have time off work-I don't do ill so I felt much better going back to work. It's very hard I know but nobeer is right-you have to trust the clinic with your embies. The waiting is very,very hard. xxxx
nobeer I'm close behind you love......
fab hope it goes well today. xx

BeetleBeetle Wed 31-Jul-13 11:31:19

BeetleBeetle Wed 31-Jul-13 11:33:05

nobeer Wed 31-Jul-13 12:00:31

Beetle was it you who recommended warm water and bicarb of soda? That's what sorted me out in the end! Didn't taste very nice, but I was fine the next day.

nobeer Wed 31-Jul-13 12:02:11

does that mean you're triggering tomorrow, Beetle? It's come around quickly!

Fabuluce Wed 31-Jul-13 13:24:20

12 eggs collected, DH sperm looking much better than last time smile just tucking into a tuna melt in the trains home and ready for a nap in front of the telly! On codeine so feeling a little spaced but it's made a shed load if difference to the cramps, hurrah smile

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Wed 31-Jul-13 13:27:58

Wow Beetle that's great news, so your triggering tonight?

Fab hope you are getting on ok

Twinks thinking of you often, how are you doing?

Wim and Choco how are our resident PUPO's doing?

Thanks for the tips but luckily I don't need them as I've finally been to the toilet (sorry for TMI especially at lunch time!)

I found some organic sausages reduced in the co op over the road and have made a lovely sausage pasta thing for tea.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Wed 31-Jul-13 13:29:41

Cross post Fab, that's great news over the eggs and sperm. I'm a bit jealous of the codeine though! Hope you have a lovely rest when you get back x

nobeer Wed 31-Jul-13 14:52:02

grin cups!

Well done fab!

resipsa Wed 31-Jul-13 16:46:03

Quick one - sorry - no tease intended. DM is having cancer treatment and had a bit of a crisis last night (zero white cell count!) so not been able to post. Will soon.

Sounds like good news elsewhere.

chocolocodowninacapulco Wed 31-Jul-13 16:49:08

cups good to hear your fertilisation news. My embryologist compared it to a series of hurdles, the waiting for the calls etc. You get over one stage and then wait for the next <helpful> glad you are a bit.more comfortable now and good that you have a few days off now - it was me who asked about time off .

fab well done on your 12 eggs smile . Hope that codeine hits all the right places.

beetle well done on your EC being brought forward. Excited for you .

AFM, been shopping and for lunch (again) as a distraction! So don't know what to think and hope it's not all my head as that would be a killer! Is it Friday yet?

chocolocodowninacapulco Wed 31-Jul-13 16:50:52

reps sorry to hear DH is having cancer treatment, let us know any news when you can

BrookerC Wed 31-Jul-13 16:57:16

Great news fab & well done DH! It always makes me smile when the clinic give me a list of the all the drugs I've had for EC. I mean blimey!! Time to rest now & do diddly squat. x
beetle what time do you trigger tonight? no more stimming -hurrah!
choco how are you doing hun? x
caip nice not to have the DR'ing. Is there any other prep/drugs before Friday?
Hi to everyone else. x

chocolocodowninacapulco Wed 31-Jul-13 17:05:26

Hi brooker yeah, I'm ok, just a bit worried I've got my hopes up too much! How are you doing? Has the dreadful AF fucked off yet or at least calmed down a bit now?

nobeer Wed 31-Jul-13 18:00:33

res sending positive vibes across the sea to your family. Hope DM is getting looked after. flowers

Fabuluce Wed 31-Jul-13 18:04:24

Big hugs Res - let us know more when you can ?

Fabuluce Wed 31-Jul-13 18:05:06

Chocs - when is test day, is it Friday?

BrookerC Wed 31-Jul-13 18:11:12

resp sorry I don't know how I missed your post. Sorry to hear about DH. sad I will shut the fuck up & wait im patiently for your update. x
choco only 1 more morning to resist testing! Are you due at the clinic on Friday or home testing? I'm still having a rubbish time. Lots of pain killers & now feeling very sick confused

BrookerC Wed 31-Jul-13 18:12:07

DM not DH!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.