Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Clomid success rates

(162 Posts)
alex8 Thu 08-Jun-06 16:37:04

I know a lot of people on here have taken it. I just wanted to know how many cycles it took to work and what dose were you on? I just feel like hearing a few positive stories.

I just had one of those sinking moments when I read a thread with someohe saying they were 6 months pregnant and I realsied thats what I would have been if I didn't have a miscarriage.

coggy Thu 08-Jun-06 18:20:21

Alex - i was a clomid success story!
I was on 50mg and had it for three months with an hcg injection on (or around) day 13.
Stopped taking it on the forth cycle due to work commitments (wasn't able to get to have the jab so didn't seem worth taking the tablets either) and fell pg that month!!!
HTH you feel more positive.

Are you on clomid yourself now?

Twiglett Thu 08-Jun-06 18:21:19

I was put on 50mg clomid for 5 days .. conceived DD first cycle

HTH

AllieBongo Thu 08-Jun-06 18:23:58

my pal used clomid both times, sorry can't give dosage etc and fell pg on each occasion and went on to have healthy babies, hth also

alex8 Fri 09-Jun-06 00:20:31

thanks everyone. I've only done one cycle so far but no bfp. Follicle scans/blood test showed ovulation but didn't have hcg injection as they didn't think it was necessary. Its good to know it not just first time it worked too as most of the stories I have heard it worked first time so felt pretty dispirited when it didn't.

hunkermunker Fri 09-Jun-06 00:24:00

Smallest first dose they give you - is that 50mg?

Had follicle tracking, saw DS1 as an egg because he was the only one I produced that cycle - and conceived first cycle.

Good luck!

Jen1209 Fri 09-Jun-06 13:43:23

Hi Alex - same as twiglett, 50mg dose for 5 days, conceived first cycle. Baby due Nov 18th!

Good Luck

alex8 Fri 09-Jun-06 17:06:08

thats a lot of people whom it worked for first time. Thats what I feared as the women I know who took it; it either worked frist time or not at all.

PanicPants Fri 09-Jun-06 17:26:26

On 50mg for 5 days (from day 2 to day 6 of cycle) It took me 12 cycles to conceive but I miscarried. So next period I didn't use clomid then fell pg with ds on next cycle!!

PanicPants Fri 09-Jun-06 17:27:23

alex8 it certainly didn't work first cycle for me!

alex8 Fri 09-Jun-06 17:28:03

Did you take 12 cycles of clomid? Or was it just 12 in total? Sometimes I read tha you can only take 6 but elsewhere it says more.

PanicPants Fri 09-Jun-06 17:33:11

Took 12 cycles of clomid, and consultant was going to increase dose as well. I was also on dydesterone (sp) at first alongside the clomid. I tried very hard not to read the side effects of too much clomid on the leaflet!

My desperation was too great!

PanicPants Fri 09-Jun-06 17:33:49

dygesterone? Can't remember exactly what it was now

mummydoc Fri 09-Jun-06 18:18:04

I took it for 4 cycles at 150mg to concieve DD1 and 100mg 6 cycles DD2 both gorgeous, my consultant told my husband to get me a puppy when i first went on it as he felt i would never concieve with or without fertility treatment so 12 months later i had an un house trained dalmation puppy and a new baby ....( not sure i have ever recovered) HTH stick with it !

PanicPants Fri 09-Jun-06 18:28:53

Just went and had a look at my diary, it was 50mg for the first 4 months and then it was increased to 100mg for the next 7months .

alex8 Fri 09-Jun-06 20:21:47

thanks thats really interesting. a puppy and a baby, scary.

I am seeing consultant again at end of june. Am only on 50mg but had follicle tracking (had 2 good size ones) and ovulated so not sure there is a reason to increase the dose but will bring it up.

Rachee Fri 09-Jun-06 20:24:35

i had 3 50 mgs cycle of clomid, did nothing, then 4th cycle went up to 100 mgs, increase cycle lenght, but no baby.... had scan day 13 juicy folical too and then had jab to release egg, but still no baby.... just had lap and dye, so maybe next month ....

Good luck ...

ladymuck Fri 09-Jun-06 20:38:26

My local hospital put most of their fertility patients onto clomid whilst they were carrying out investigations as they had a 50% success rate from women taking 3 cycles of clomid.

alex8 Fri 09-Jun-06 20:53:59

thats very interesting. My consultant was exactly the reverse I had to have investigations first cos there was a limited amount of times you can take clomid and he didn't want to waste them if I had bad uterine scarring or blocked tubes or something. Its all such a lottery isn't it?

saltcod Sat 10-Jun-06 10:30:06

Hi Alex, I also got v. depressed when I didn't get preg on 1st cycle of 50mg clomid - heard so many stories of ladies conceiving on their 1st cycle of it.

I'd been prescribed 3 cycles of 50mg. I went on to conceive on the third cycle of clomid . Early days for me yet...... I'm only 10+4 wks preg, but hopefully this will give you some hope that if clomid works it doesn't always happen on the first cycle of taking it! BTW, I also started reflexology halfway through my clomid treatment....... it helped me chill out no end & I think played a huge part in getting my BFP

ladymuck Sat 10-Jun-06 14:03:30

Alex8, in fairness my consultant always check male factor first (a sperm test is very quick). But as there are usually waiting lists etc for lap & dye tests etc they start women on Clomid as a) it has a very good success rate; and b) they do their cycle monitoring (and other blood tests) at the same time, so it aids their diagnosis). If you have blocked tubes or uterine scarring then Clomid would never be the best treatment, so the fact that you've had 3 cycles already isn't an issue.

Other doctors vere against giving Clomid unless ovulatory issues are diagnosed.

alex8 Wed 14-Jun-06 10:47:28

thanks for that,lets hope its 2nd or 3rd time lucky then.

I keep thinking about relfexology or acupuncture to help me relax.But all my money is going on the hospital appointments.

DebbsyandBibby Sat 17-Jun-06 09:36:19

Hope no one minds me dropping this in for you,seems to have been a while that i have seen any.¸.·´¨) .´¯`*·´¯`· *´¨) .·´ ¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
( ¸.´¯`*·´¯`· *´¨)
.·´ ¸.·´¨)
.·´ ¸.·´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
( ¸.´¯`*·´¯`· *´¨)
.·´ ¸.·´¨)
.·´ ¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨) .·´ ¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
( ¸.´¯`*·´¯`· *´¨) .·´ ¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´

.·´ ¸.·´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
( ¸.´¯`*·´¯`· *´¨)
.·´ ¸.·´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
.·´ ¸.·´¨) .´¯`*·´¯`· *´¨) .·´ ¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
( ¸.´¯`*·´¯`· *´¨)
.·´ ¸.·´¨)
.·´ ¸.·´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
( ¸.´¯`*·´¯`· *´¨)
.·´ ¸.·´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´

.·´ ¸.·´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
( ¸.´¯`*·´¯`· *´¨)
.·´ ¸.·´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´

wishing BFPs to you all xxx Babydust to you all.

Rachee Sat 17-Jun-06 15:49:32

just git BFP this morning, 4th cycle.......( LOL having month off clomid ) !!!

cd34

xXx

BetsyBoop Sun 18-Jun-06 21:22:09

worked for me on 2nd cycle & DD arrived in Dec 05

my consultant said about 75% of those who will conceive with the help of clomid do so in the first 3 cycles (he would only normally do 6 cycles, so I'm assuming the other 25% are on cycles 4-6)

Overall I think clomid has about a 50% pregnancy success rate - assuming there are no other problems

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now