Is anybody currently trying for their first baby?

(84 Posts)
edward49582 Mon 22-Jul-13 19:13:51

Sorry if there's already a thread on this smile I couldn't find one.

I am 32, nearly 33 (gulp!) years old and have been trying for our first since June, although we messed that cycle up a bit so July is the first month of 'really' trying. We feel the time is right now as are settled into jobs (had a rough couple of years but came through it stronger) have no mortgage on our (small!) home and desperately want a child to bring into our lives.

Very, very broody at the moment and also a spring or early summer baby would fit beautifully with maternity leave! But I'd take a baby any time, any place!

PrincessKitKat Tue 23-Jul-13 22:27:34

Nice to know there are 2 of us DarlingBuds!
I quite like doing the OPKs I got a huge pack of cheapies off amazon. Makes me feel like I'm doing something positive!

RevoltingPeasant Tue 23-Jul-13 23:04:01

Edward yes, my finest moment may have been after DH car accident when my first two questions were, is the car okay and are you still up for tonight.

Not necessarily in that order.

nataaaaliee92 Wed 24-Jul-13 18:15:01

Hi ladies smile
Im currently TTC with not much luck soo far! Im only 21 but my lovely partner is 26 with a secure jobs and a beautiful apartment. AF is due in 2 days..everything crossed that is doesnt arrive! sad
Goodluck girlies!!

EmJay9 Wed 24-Jul-13 20:06:41

Hi all I'm new to all this but 35 and currently TTC for 1st time. I came off the pill in April and at present could do with some advice please! I know that me and my partner have had regular sex during what should have been my fertile time this month. My period should be due Sat/Sun but on Monday I had some spotting and slight cramps. At this point I wondered & hoped it was maybe implant bleeding due to the timing but yesterday I had more like period type bleeding now today back to a very slight amount of spotting??? Any advice greatly appreciated!!

RevoltingPeasant you made me almost spill my morning coffee smile
nataaaaliee and EmJay Im due on Sunday ish and am also hoping it won't showup! I had some pinky mucus yesterday and have had AF style cramps past few days, really hoping its something to do with implantation and not the Evil Aunt. I found this info useful:
www.babyexpert.com/pregnancy/early/how-long-does-implantation-bleeding-last/7174.html

Sending good vibes to everybody hoping for BFP this month! I have 3 sensitive pregnancy tests and I'm just waiting til Monday, wish me luck smile

Neecole13 Thu 25-Jul-13 13:59:42

Loving this wee thread. Me and my partner too are trying to conceive, well will be shortly. Only decided to come off the pill last week! Cant wait.

Good luck Neecole if AF turns up the weekend it'll be my first one since coming off the pill. It's an as exciting time for us all smile

Neecole13 Thu 25-Jul-13 15:06:05

Thanks smile. Fingers crossed for you too!

EmJay9 Thu 25-Jul-13 18:35:53

Thanks for link darlingbudsofmay I will have a read think I may have to do a test, don't want the disappointment of a negative but if I don't do one I'll just wonder if I am! Good luck to you too!

Thats ok EmJay smile Also it's worth noting that on the link it says that the bleeding normally occurs when 4 weeks preg which confused me until I realised that they date your pregancy from your previous period, maybe I'm the only one but I totally just found this out! Weird huh? I'll be testing tomorrow with a sensitive (20mui) test from eBay as I also can't wait! Good luck to you too!

EmJay9 Thu 25-Jul-13 20:34:05

Ah interesting I didn't realise that either! I did read it and think well I can't be 4 weeks pregnant so there you go you're not the only one! Good luck with the test hope you get a positive smile

You too, cant wait til the morning now to do it. If its negative I'm not going to get down about it cos its our first month trying smile

Yingyang14 Thu 25-Jul-13 21:36:06

Hi can I join in here TTC my first after 2 miscarriages one 2
Months ago fingers crossed for this to be lucky number 3. This is our first month trying, came off mini pill micronor and started trying straight away (I'm evidently not patient at all haha). This month we've just gone with flow to see what happens AF due tomorow but obviously not 100% sure of cycle yet.
Just got the all clear from the Dr to try after being tested for PCOS so we are very excited now smile. Feeling slightly nervous obviously after previous miscarriages but trying to not let it effect out exciment. So glad found you lovelies to keep us same out TTC journeys smile

good luck yinyang smile I had BFN on preg test this morning. If AF not here by Monday I'll do another wink

EverythingInMjiniature Fri 26-Jul-13 08:17:01

Ooh can I join, coming off pill in a couple of weeks to ttc no1. Am 26 and newlywed smile good luck to everyone.

PrincessKitKat Fri 26-Jul-13 09:54:01

Glad to hear you're not too downhearted about your BFN DarlingBud. Stay relaxed!

I stumbled across this lighthearted article last night... Made me think of all us TTCers...!

www.bellybelly.com.au/conception/two-week-wait-activity-list#.UfGZrDd5mc0

Nottalotta Fri 26-Jul-13 14:05:15

Hello all first timers! Sooo easy to get obsessed with this isn't it? If (big if!!!) my cycle is miraculously regular, we managed to dtd twice 3 days apart in my ovulation 'window'. Might try again tonight. I'll wait until af is due before testing. So hard to know what to do as last af was my first in 7 years, 7 months after coming off depo jab. So liklihood of cycle being regular is slim. So if/when af doesn't show up, its most probably because of irregular cycle.

Sorry for the ramble......

Hehe well reading that passed a few minutes! I've had more spotting today but only a tiny amount sorry if tmi. I've got 2 days til I'm due. Doodooodooh! - (that's me practising my fanfare should I get a bfp)

PinkHat1 Fri 26-Jul-13 19:12:06

Can I please join? I am 27 and started ttc at the beginning of this month. My husband and I both feel it is now the time. Really excited and finding mumsnet super helpful although I am yet to figure out my exact ovaluation dates as this is my first month off thr pill. So until I get my AF it will be hard to pinpoint the dates!  

Writerwannabe83 Fri 26-Jul-13 19:23:20

Me and my hubby have been trying for our first baby and we got our BFP 6 days ago smile

I just love all the excitement on this thread with all of us embarking on something so scary but brilliant!!!

Good luck to you all x x x

RevoltingPeasant Fri 26-Jul-13 19:49:29

Oh congrats writer!!

I have a dim question which might also be relevant to Darling - is it not true that pg tests don't work until you're about 4 weeks gone or more? Or not reliably, at least?

I always assumed you needed to wait the two weeks for AF and then if it didn't turn up, another ten days or so before poas.

Is that wrong??

Writerwannabe83 Fri 26-Jul-13 19:55:06

I got my BFP the day before my period was due.

The Clear Blue tests are supposedly able to detect pregnancy 4 days prior to your period being due but I'm not sure how many women that actually works for.

RevoltingPeasant Fri 26-Jul-13 19:58:45

Ooh thanks. I didn't realise they were so accurate!

Writerwannabe83 Fri 26-Jul-13 20:01:08

When I took a test last Saturday morning (which was the day before my period was due) it came back as a negative. However, I tested again 7 hours later (long story) and it came back as positive!!! grin grin

How quickly things can change..... smile

PinkHat1 Fri 26-Jul-13 22:54:46

Congrats Writer! Is this the first BFP for this thread?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now