When did your period return?

(12 Posts)
blueamber Tue 06-Aug-13 19:54:56

Yesterday I got the first AF after stopping the pill at the end of April! It's a bit heavier than it was on the pill. However, it only happened 8-9 days past my first ovulation, so I'm hoping my cycles will now return to normal and my luteal phase will be longer as well.

GnomieGrace Tue 06-Aug-13 19:39:19

Hey, just wanted to day that I finally started a bleed! Almost 12 weeks to the day that I came off Cerazette! I can't believe how long it's taken! It's lighter and less painful than before I went on the pill but I'm still relieved that at least something is happening now! How are the hormones Tea?

EmJay9 Sun 28-Jul-13 16:37:02

I'm in similar situation. Came off pill end of April, had usual bleed after then 6 weeks until I got a fairly normal period, 4 weeks later I had 1 day of bleeding then few days of spotting with a feeling of always needing to wee! My ad should have been due yesterday (going on 4 weeks) but on Monday I had spotting, which I hoped could be implant bleed but Tuesday a light, bright red flow but Wednesday and Thursday back to spotting?? Today I feel tired out, over emotional and on the brink of tears for no apparent reason sad help!??!

Tea1Sugar Fri 26-Jul-13 17:31:51

Has Af returned yet op?

Tea1Sugar Tue 23-Jul-13 18:11:30

I had last mercilon pill on 24th June and Af arrived 18th July after 25 days. Just hoping it stays regular!

GnomieGrace Tue 23-Jul-13 18:04:56

I am so glad I found this thread! Thought I was going crazy! I came off Cerrazette on 15th May after being on a succession of pills including mycrogynon and yasmin for over 10 years I had a very light bleed the first week for 4 days then nothing. I ha a bit of EWCM on CD 10 and 11 now I'm on CD 70 tomorrow still no BFP ir AF, stopped testing now but am so glad to find others who stopped similar times to me and in the same situation.

gwenabee85 Tue 23-Jul-13 13:29:15

It took me 7 months after coming off to get first real AF, it's really frustrating isn't it?

RaRaZ Tue 23-Jul-13 13:23:53

Hey! I have little experience of the pill and what happens when you come off it, but you can most definitely ovulate before your periods return: I ovulated within days of a D&C and got pg.

BusyBee999 Tue 23-Jul-13 12:44:34

Hi China and Blue, I am in the same boat!
Finished pill (Microgynon) mid April and had a normal period mid May (thinking great everything is back to normal!), but since then- NOTHING!
I went crazy testing initially- but have come to the conclusion that if I was pregnant it would have shown up by now!
I didn't realise I could still be ovulating though- presumed I had to await AF for that!
Have never eagerly anticipated AF before!!

chinadolly Mon 22-Jul-13 17:37:19

Thank you blue amber. I have been vaguely checking my cm for signs of ovulation. I did get ewcm a few weeks ago which led me to believe I was ovulating but this didn't lead to a positive test or a period. Never thought I would be wishing my af would come so I know where I stand iykwim!

blueamber Mon 22-Jul-13 16:50:31

Hello! I came off the pill in April and have not had my period yet. Coincidentally, I went to the GP this morning about it and he said it could take 6 months or more for periods to return to normal.

You can conceive without having had your period, because it's all about your ovulation. If you ovulate for the first time after stopping and then conceive you will not get your period. If you ovulate but don't conceive you will get your period. So maybe it would be useful looking out for signs of ovulation. That's what I have been doing!

chinadolly Mon 22-Jul-13 16:43:31

My DH and I are ttc #1. I came off microgynon on 25th May after 9 years. I had my break through bleeding as normal and since then my 'real' period has not returned. I had some spotting in mid June which I hoped was implantation bleeding, but numerous tests done since then show negatives. hmm
Is it possible to conceive even though my periods haven't returned?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now