new thread, new posifrickintivity. Welcome to project desperate, where we will try anything when TTC after MC

(956 Posts)
katatonic Sun 21-Jul-13 18:01:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

alyant79 Thu 22-Aug-13 09:08:18

PS missp thanks for letting me catch the luck. Wedding planning sounds great fun. A little bump for your wedding wouldn't be a problem anyway, you'd just look super cute

alyant79 Thu 22-Aug-13 09:06:35

Check me out, I've started a new thread. New thread here. Now penguin and sundance can be the first BFPs of the new thread. Hurray! And i'm going to catch the new-thread-starter wave of luck and get a bfp next friday. Woohoo!

Misspositivity Wed 21-Aug-13 21:31:37

peguin. Did I miss an implantation dip. That is positive!!!

Penguinita Wed 21-Aug-13 21:26:38

Ooh sundance, how exciting and scary at the same time. I think you have a LSP (Little Skinny Positive), really hope it turns into a BFP on Friday!

I'll be POAS with you if AF doesn't turn up before. It is our first wedding anniversary on Saturday, so a BFP would just be the best possible present. We are going back to the hotel and restaurant where we had our wedding, so at least if it is a BFN/AF then I can go for the 9 course taster meal with matched wines! grin cake wine

alyant, thanks for pointing me to the ff information about implantation dips, it was really interesting.

Congrats your bfn bezza, I know how horrible that wait is. Hope AF turns up for you soon (unless you get pg in the meantime of course!)

And well done arkady for quitting your horrible job! That takes some guts, good on you girl.

kjh5 Wed 21-Aug-13 21:23:43

Sun I'm so excited for you! Is anyone else POAS this Friday? We could be in line for some more BFP if so. Keeping Fx for everyone xxx

Misspositivity Wed 21-Aug-13 21:15:24

sundance so exciting!!! If I were you I would take a big fat fish get myself down to boots and buy a twin pack of FREP. I salute you for waiting till Friday you mad woman. Totally know what you mean by the excitment being taken out of BFP that certainly has been stolen from us all but when we get our little babies we will remember what we went through and how special our bundles are.

Tempted to start new thread due to good luck but alyant I feel it's your time so get going and don't forget to add our pledge to the rules

Wedding talks in progress. Looks like January 2014. Have just spoken to my gynae doc and got myself in a tissy as to whether to book a wedding and what if I get up duffeled now and have a bump but if I stop TTC then I will be 36 when I start again and maybe not get preggers till 37. Anyway she said "have you listened to yourself - you sound like a mad woman" (in a lovely way) I am to book my wedding The distraction will do me and my body the world of good. She is right of course.

Sundance2007 Wed 21-Aug-13 20:52:49

Thanks all for being so lovely, this thread has really become a crutch the last few months, but I'm not going anywhere yet!! Told DH the news, he thinks I should take a pg test but I've told him he has to wait until Friday, thems the rules!! which I may have broken twice this week already

Those who have been lovely enough to read my moans and groans about the pains I've had since my mc...and which I still have...can probably imagine why I might sound so bloody negative. I guess it's a self-preservation thing, and I still want to get it checked out.

bezza - good news on the hormones getting back to some sort of normality, technically you could start trying again now but maybe wait until you feel absolutely ready.

seaside - I know that only too well. It makes it a lot harder in a way when you know your ov dates as there's a bit more pressure - but even if you followed SMEP or the eod approach, you would still have done it the same days as you have so you're still in with a very good chance.

alyant79 Wed 21-Aug-13 20:27:24

Bezza I forgot to say yay for your bfn - it got lost in the excitement of sundance's maybes.

Gah it's an hour past dd's bedtime, I have a friend arriving any minute and she STILL isn't asleep. Grumble

triplespin Wed 21-Aug-13 19:39:49

sundance this is so exciting!! I know it will take time to register and especially post mc maybe only a scan when you can see the bean will make it real for you. Just enjoy the moment though and take it a day at a time!!

seaside I totally get what you mean. It is usually me who is trying hard to please do so we can dtd. If I wait for him to ask (even though I am reminding him everyday when we are in the fertile zone), it would basically never happen. Post MC though dh has become a more willing (relatively speaking) participant.

Thank you everyone for your support. Yes I was a bit teary putting everything away in the garage, though now it is out of sight, so (hopefully) out of mind! Did it while dc was busy otherwise would not have let me pack away the toys!!

Friday is two days away, hopefully some more bfp news? penguin maybe?
aly good about the surge. Even if meaningless its good to have a little hope, if only so you can poas on a Friday!!

Bezza2508 Wed 21-Aug-13 19:36:05

Woop....sounds promising sundance. I totally understand what you mean about the fear. I feel quite sad that if I get pregnant agin, I won't feel the same uncontained excitement that I did last time.

fod27 Wed 21-Aug-13 18:54:55

subdance I totally understand where your coming from I've been petrified ever since my BFP and as such booked another scan, I'm soooo scared about the emotional and physical elements of another MC I keep telling myself I just can't go through it again and every cramp or symptom sends my mind into overdrive however on the other hand I think how lucky I am to be in this position and his much other women would give to be going through this emotional turmoil

triple I still have baby clothes in the wardrobe in the end I had to box them up as it was soul destroying everytime I saw them (just brought back too many memories) thus time I have refused to buy any baby clothes and I still won't wear any maternity clothes because I'm afraid to make it real

SeasideLily Wed 21-Aug-13 18:48:18

Sounds SO hopeful Sundance - I know you must be scared though, more than all the TTC the hardest wait of all is going to be those few days before I find out if any new bean is ectopic, and then until the relative safety of 12 weeks. You can handle anything - but I'm sure all you'll have to handle is labour!

DH and I have made up, but I'm still really disappointed we didn't DTD yesterday or Monday night. I feel like we've jinxed this month - I didn't pee on any OPKs, so while I'm reasonably confident I OVd on Sat/Sun, and we DTD in time to catch that, last time I got PG was from a 'just in case' bonk. I very unsexily told him we should DTD last night and he agreed, but just said 'but you don't really want to'. I couldn't be bothered to say I really DID, I just didn't want to be the one pushing him into it. I think we're both just tired at the moment, but I'm annoyed with him that he knew it was important and didn't make the effort.

fedupofrainydays Wed 21-Aug-13 18:42:32

I know if I ever get a bfp again I know i would be shit scared so I get it..

Thanks kata for the explanation, I geddit now!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 21-Aug-13 18:37:44

Indeed! I was so scared I cried when I found out this time! DP thinks I'm barking!

katatonic Wed 21-Aug-13 18:34:25

Sundance2007 Wed 21-Aug-13 18:19:53

Well actually saggy... smile

I will buy a proper pg test for Friday, although the opk has made me smile, I don't think it will feel official until after my af would be due (thurs).

It's so odd, I've spent 5 months wishing/dreaming/hoping to get the bfp - but the thought of it now terrifies me. I don't think I could handle another mc, and I think only you girlies will understand that.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 21-Aug-13 18:11:30

Magic! <<taps nose>>

fedupofrainydays Wed 21-Aug-13 18:06:46

Can someone also tell me why you can tell a bfp through an opk? I know you can use them as hpt's but don't know why. I thought opk picked up lh and not hcg?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 21-Aug-13 18:06:44

Sundance you are still not sure?? What'll it take? Labour?? grin

katatonic Wed 21-Aug-13 17:45:22

fedupofrainydays Wed 21-Aug-13 17:23:17

Oooooooooooooo sundance

It has to bfp with those 3 tests!!

I'm convinced even if you aren't wink

Sundance2007 Wed 21-Aug-13 17:05:05

Oh yeah - hadn't realised there had been over 900 posts already.

So I broke the (as yet unwritten) rule. Smiley face on the opk.

I'm still unconvinced!!!

alyant79 Wed 21-Aug-13 16:52:22

oh don't you worry kata i've got my eye on the new thread - it brings good luck, remember? damn! shouldn't have reminded everyone.
HANDS OFF!! It's my turn!

fedupofrainydays Wed 21-Aug-13 16:48:38

Quick sundance POA opk S quick!!! Before the thread dictator changes the rules.... plus am desperate to know

katatonic Wed 21-Aug-13 15:49:48

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now