new thread, new posifrickintivity. Welcome to project desperate, where we will try anything when TTC after MC

(956 Posts)
katatonic Sun 21-Jul-13 18:01:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

katatonic Tue 23-Jul-13 18:46:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sal1977 Tue 23-Jul-13 19:37:57

Haha! I like the tip about leaving the syringe in to act as a plug!! Will try that next time....

There's loads of them at it! I don't feel like a total loner anymore!!

Penguinita Tue 23-Jul-13 19:56:51

Oh camomile' that's just sh$te, I'm so sorry flowers

I'm still waiting for AF to arrive, but feeling crampy and grouchy so I don't think she is far away angry

fod27 Tue 23-Jul-13 20:14:01

Thanks Aly and Emki I'm just hoping that my run of shitty luck is over... Crossing everything although I've already convinced myself that it'll all be bad news, thinking of booking a private early scan for 3wks time to put my mind at ease... At least that way if my bean hadn't stuck I can focus on my wedding day with a clear mind and lots of alcohol .... I want to be upbeat about it but I just can't seem to invest emotionally with this pregnancy which is sad especially as DF has been do positive ( talk about turning tables)

I'm so so sorry to hear your news Cam hope your pampering yourself! God knows you deserve it huni x

Sal1977 Tue 23-Jul-13 20:15:15

Camomile - just feel what you feel when it comes toots. There's no right or wrong way to feel. Sucks though whatever what you look at it. sad

penguin I've had spotting for the last 3 days which is weird for me and temp was still high today, but I'm gonna try and hold out til Friday....you with me still? grin

Tomkat79 Tue 23-Jul-13 20:30:22

So sorry to hear your news camomile. Lovely quote xxx

Penguinita Tue 23-Jul-13 22:07:20

Ooooh sal, maybe that is a good sign? I'm a bit excited and hopeful for you!

I'll POAS with you on Friday if AF isn't here yet, but I think that is unlikely, given it will be CD33 and I seem to have turned into PMT bitch from hell tonight shock Poor DH...

Sal1977 Tue 23-Jul-13 22:20:48

When is AF due Penguin? X

Penguinita Tue 23-Jul-13 23:04:23

Tomorrow I think...

alyant79 Wed 24-Jul-13 09:00:37

fod is there any way that you can get an early scan without paying? I think that in your position I'd be wanting an early scan too - but they did say to me when I had my mmc that I'd be able to get early scan next time. Worth trying for it at least before you fork out the money for private?

kata I completely understand your anger at your mum. I think that other people just forget sometimes. After all, it didn't happen to them and they just don't realise how it can still be so painful.

ooooh sal and penguin i'm on tenterhooks.....

I had a stray ov stick lying around so i peed on it last night just for fun. Got a very faint line which is exactly what I got on this cycle day last time, so I think that means today is ov day (temps were still low this morning). we dtd last night and the night before but dh is coughing and spluttering today so i hope he has the stamina for some action tonight! otherwise we might have to both sneak home from work at lunch tomorrow..... wink

triplespin Wed 24-Jul-13 09:22:59

Morning everyone. AF has arrived - so the wait is over (approximately 5.5 wks). Feel sad in some ways (despite having waited for it), but positive as well that we have a DTD plan to look forward too.

sal, penguin this all sounds v. positive. I think there is a good chance we will be hearing some BFP news this Friday.

Sal1977 Wed 24-Jul-13 09:25:25

Bleddy hell, we're all in knicker watch then!

Sundance2007 Wed 24-Jul-13 09:26:21

Cam - so, so sorry to hear your news. Big fat hugs comin' at ya. It's such a draining and emotional rollercoaster this ttc malarky, and if I do ever get my magic baby, I will never ever forget this painful, desperate time, not just for me but all you lovely ladies too. It's so bloody difficult. Get plenty of rest and just feel free to rant and rave on here to us.

Keping fingers crossed for Sal and Penguin....

Aly, Good luck, and keep doing it as much as you can this week, just to cover your bases. I think I've been stopping too early around the positive opk mark forgetting that there's a 48 hour window afterwards rather than 12 hours which is essentially where I've then sort of stopped.

Well I certainly didn't win the lotto last week or this week, so that pigeon poo had better bloody well be a lucky charm for Monday. I've decided I'm not going to POAS this Friday as it would be 3 days too early, so next Friday, if af hasn't reared her ugly head I will.

kjh5 Wed 24-Jul-13 11:57:25

I stumbled across this thread at 2am (feeling blue after very recent mc at 6wks - first pregnancy) and you all made me feel so much better. So hoping I can join in. Desperate to conceive again, I know people say you should wait one cycle but bleeding stopped last week so (against my better judgement) I have broken out the opk in the hope I might get a BFP before my next cycle begins... whenever that may be. Wishing you all good luck!

fod27 Wed 24-Jul-13 12:12:39

I'm going to ring the Drs tomorrow Aly I think to see if I can push for one, only just started to have the nausea symptons but no sickness yet.., is it bad that I long for pregnancy symptons? I just feel like id be more reassured I'd I knew my pregnancy was in full swing

fod27 Wed 24-Jul-13 12:15:39

kjh5 so sorry to see you here huni, mc is a devastating and at times lonely experience these wonderful women helped me through mine in feb and I can honestly say that if it wasn't for there support I'd have ended up a very broken person, it really does help talking to people who understand exactly what you've been through. I hope you have support in RL and are resting and looking after yourself both emotionally and physically xxxx

kjh5 Wed 24-Jul-13 12:35:06

Thanks fod am so glad I stumbled across all you lovely MNers, the support on here has been wonderful. Good to chat to people who know exactly what you are going through. DH has been great (he did buy me a kitten I have been wanting for ages and funnily enough having a lovely purring tiny ball of fluff attacking me while I type is really what is getting me through these post-mc weeks!) but he seems to think that now its all over we can act like nothing has happened and I'll just fall pg again... Positive stories and encouragement help! Great to hear your lovely news - very much wishing you a relatively stress-free and successful pg, fingers and toes crossed you get an early scan to set your mind at ease!

Sundance2007 Wed 24-Jul-13 13:38:45

Fod - Definitely try to push for one, don't 'ask' just say "I want", it's a method I have adopted with my gp's since the miscarriage and it seems to be working so far. Obviously they can't say what the hospital timetable is like, but be firm, it makes a difference.

kjh5 - sorry you find yourself here, but welcome anyway. It's such a difficult time. Just when you think you're okay again, you'll burst into tears at the most random times. It's not an easy time but it is so helpful to talk about stuff here with people who really understand and can truly sympathise. If you think you're ready, break out the opk's and get POAS with the rest of us!

DearlyDepartedMrsFinch Wed 24-Jul-13 13:40:28

Hi everyone, I disappeared for a while (busy and stressed) but missed you guys too much.

This cycle's Shagathon went well. I am currently 7DPO and munching the Desperate Pineapple.

So very, very sorry to hear about your loss. Cam. Truly, truly shit. Much love to you and yours.

Any news, Penguinita and Sal?

alyant79 Wed 24-Jul-13 15:35:55

fod I know that you want to feel sick and I completely understand. Having said that, I got very very very few symptoms when pg with my DD and loads with my MMC, so don't despair about your lack of symptoms, it doesn't mean anything. Good luck with the Dr tomorrow.
You might even be able to ring your EPU directly if the doc sends you packing.

hi kjh5 and welcome. Sorry that you're here. As the others said, there's no medical reason to wait for first AF so if you feel like it, just go for it. I completely understand about your DH. mine was wonderful but he seemed to "get over it" much quicker than I did and I resented that for a while. I thought that it meant he didn't care. Of course it doesn't mean that at all, it's just that everyone is different and reacts to these sorts of things in their own way.

DDMF I missed you!! Glad that you've been having fun shagging. Let's hope that it worked.

cosmickitten Wed 24-Jul-13 16:19:33

Triple sorry that your AF arrived but glad the awful wait is over.

Fod really hope your gp will sort a scan for you x

Kjh5 sorry that u find yourself here xxxx

Sorry for tmi but first period post mmc is really heavy and sore. I'd heard it might be but thought a lifetime of heavy periods would prepare me. Still quite taken aback, no swimming for me for a few days!

fod27 Wed 24-Jul-13 16:40:16

I know exactly what you mean kjh5 everyone around me including DF seemed to just move on so easily, it was vile especially as I wanted to punch every pregnant woman I came across in the face! I was a mess for a long time and to be honest I still am, although I'm pregnant now I still feel very angry that I may go through it all over again, I'm angry at mother nature and I've convinced myself this pregnancy will end the same. Unfortanetly men (although they try to understand) never really can fully comprehend what our minds and bodies go through or the amount of guilt we carry after the fact (no matter how unreasonable that guilt is)

All I can suggest is time and the possibility of counselling it may help zxxx

fod27 Wed 24-Jul-13 16:42:40

Ps ladies I will push for one tomorrow I think, although it's like I'm tempting fate I just can't rest until I know I've passed the 8 week marker as according to the sonigraphers measurements that's how far along I was when we lost our baby (it was a MMC and wasn't discovered until my 12 week scan )

Penguinita Wed 24-Jul-13 19:39:19

Frantic knicker watching here too. Still no AF although I have some cramps that feel like period pains. Although it might just be wind as I had baked beans for tea... Sorry, TMI! blush

Shiny new pregnancy tests arrived in the post today, really hoping I get to try one on Friday.

I also got a hospital appointment through today for a follow up ultrasound in about 3 weeks, to see if the cyst they saw at my MC has resolved. Fingers crossed that it has.

fod you should push for the scan. Make a big deal of the emotional stress you are under, how you are worried it might impact the baby, and if necessary lie and say you have been spotting

Welcome kjh5, we are here to hold your hand virtually through this tough time flowers

kjh5 Wed 24-Jul-13 19:50:44

Thanks aly and cosmic DH was actually lovely today - I had to call the hospital and cancel all scan apptd which I thought I would be fine about but ended up sobbing down the phone to some poor bewildered hospital receptionist. Oh well at least that's done!

Holding thumbs for everyone POAS this Friday!

Good luck for the scan request fod - I'm sure you'll get one if you push for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now