new thread, new posifrickintivity. Welcome to project desperate, where we will try anything when TTC after MC

(956 Posts)
katatonic Sun 21-Jul-13 18:01:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thatssofunny Mon 22-Jul-13 21:42:15

Last day of school tomorrow. Cannot wait. I'll try my best to ignore them all day, while they play. grin Unfortunately, that doesn't usually work. hmm

I'm still waiting for bleeding to stop. How long does this take anyway? It's been 10 days. I've had enough already! I wanna go swimming and I want to get started again... Might have to just go down to the beach and dip my feet into the water for now. sad

Congratulations fod. smile

Trinpy Mon 22-Jul-13 23:36:23

congratulations missp!

Sorry to read everyone is so down at the moment. I'm feeling positive for us all though. Expecting lots of August bfps!

I'm still waiting for af but stocking up for this month. I have bought a bbt thermometer, those clearblue opks that give highs and peaks, and, er, cough syrup. Willing to try anything! Just 3 weeks until my first appointment at fertility clinic so this could be my last attempt at TTC naturally smile .

ArkadyRose Tue 23-Jul-13 07:26:42

Definitely no BFP for me this week - AF arrived last night. Mt cycles seem to be getting shorter - that was only 26 days! Guess it's back to square one for me.

cosmickitten Tue 23-Jul-13 08:04:56

Congratulations missp exciting :-)

AF arrived this morning feel sad but relieved that my body is returning to normall. But mainly I feel sad :-(

triplespin Tue 23-Jul-13 09:11:06

Hello all. Sorry I have not been around for a while. Thank you kat for starting the new thread.

I am glad we are all brimming with positive energy. Just quickly skimmed through the thread.

trinpy I can't blv you are still waiting for AF to arrive. It would be nice to get it over and done with so you can at least get on with looking forward to the next stage.

sal penguin how are you doing? any chance you may still have a BFP as AF has not arrived as yet?

cosmic you are lucky for AF to arrive so soon.
congrats missp !!

who all is POAS this Friday? I hope there's good news to come !

I am now over 5 wks since my mc and still no AF (and not BFP either - tested on Friday). I guess I fall within the small percentage of people for whom AF can take ages to come. I hope its a matter of weeks rather than months, otherwise I will get thoroughly demoralised. At what point do I give up and see the doctor?

alyant79 Tue 23-Jul-13 09:42:13

Hello my lovelies!

I go away for a few days and what do I find? A whole shiny new thread to play in, hooray.

fod hello again! Soooo glad to hear that you have a bfp and also a wedding. you were going through a pretty rough time when you dropped off the radar so i'm really really pleased to hear that all is good now.

rainbow congrats to you too!

missp engaged! How fabulous!! Did you get a big rock?

Sorry for those of you feeling down, and those who got bfns and/or AF.

Started shagathon last night. Didn't take anything away with me to latitude over the weekend and aren't doing anything this month except temping. My temp was still low this morning so i'm assuming no ov yet. Should come in the next few days though so we're just going to shag every night for a few days if we can. Feel like we've had a bit of a break from it all and feeling quite relaxed, so hopefully this will count as "time out" and we'll get pg just like everyone else seems too when they do that.

Sorry to anyone else who'd important news i've missed. I just scimmed the last few pages of the old thread and this new one

cosmickitten Tue 23-Jul-13 11:21:16

Tailspin my AF arrived at 5 1/2 weeks post erpc. I think anything up to 8 won't cause gp's much concern. If it gets longer I think there things that can be done to help if hormone levels are out of wack.

The waiting sucks, fingers crossed you won't be waiting too long for AF or better still bfp!

cosmickitten Tue 23-Jul-13 11:27:52

Tailspin???? Triplespin sorry !

Sundance2007 Tue 23-Jul-13 11:37:14

Morning all. Welcome back aly - glad you're feeling a bit rested, and just in time to make yourself exhausted again for the rest of the week! haha, it's never ending is it all this. I'm turning celebate as soon as I get pg.

So just been to the docs to test for any infections/pelvic inflammatry disease, of which I think I have neither, but they have to rule it out before I get on board the long train of medical investigations.

AF is due on Monday next week, and doc wants me to have blood tests for days 1-5 and again on day 21 to test for LH, FSh & TSH, basically just to check that I'm ovulating alright, which I presumed I was because the ovulation kits had picked up all the changes but I'll go along with it for now anyway. Don't think the receptionist was too happy when I tried to make 5 appointments that I might not need if af doesn't show on time.

Hoping so badly that I get a bfp next week so I can abandon all these bloody tests but feels good to have some sort of proactive backup plan.

Now...how to tell DH he might need to get his sperm checked out asap...!!

triplespin Tue 23-Jul-13 12:12:17

thanks cosmic so I still have some time then before I panic. Yes bfp unlikely now at this stage as we haven't been dtd actively, was awaiting af based on a regular 4-5 wk cycle. I'm hoping that it will arrive by the end of this week though as I did get a positive on opk about 2 weeks ago.

sundance i hope you get a bfp. Nonetheless it is great though that the gp are offering you all these tests and have not fobbed you off. At least there is a plan in case af arrives. Good luck !

alyant79 Tue 23-Jul-13 12:13:52

gah, just read all the typos and appalling grammar in my last post - sorry blush

sundance it's really great to have a back up plan. Even better if you don't need to use it.

flower I just read your story properly - boo, that really sucks. what a long journey. surely the end must be in sight soon. Also, thanks for reminding me that i'm due a pap smear. better make that horrible appointment asap but after shagathon finishes, ewww

triplespin Tue 23-Jul-13 12:20:40

I mean in "case AF does not arrive" !

triplespin Tue 23-Jul-13 13:05:08

sorry sundance I have no idea what I am writing. Please ignore me for rest of today until I get some caffeine. The decaf tea is certainly affecting ly level of alertness !

Emki Tue 23-Jul-13 13:26:27

Just popping in to mark my spot, thanks for starting new thread katatonic

huge congrats fod I wondered where you had gone - flowers

well I'm due AF on Thursday, have very bad lower back pain right now so not feeling too optimistic .... boo hoo!

floweroct sorry its so tough for you - grrrrr, this really is the worst thing - so frustrating.

I forced myself to speak to pregnant mums at my DD's nursery - one I saw in the park, she is due in Sept, which is when I would have been due with my second MC (if that makes any sense) I felt so proud of myself, even when she kept moaning about how difficult it will be with two children really wanted to smack her and shout 'do you know how lucky you are

I feel bad for DH as he has to put with me being so sad and also, quite often now, bitter and twisted. I've signed myself out of facebook as there are too many pictures of scans on there and new babies - I feel so mean, but I just DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!!!

so i'll be POAS on Friday, floweroct unless AF comes before hand - obviously ... who else?

congrats missp

Emki Tue 23-Jul-13 13:31:07

sorry I don't think I scrolled to last page when I posted, so i'm a little out of date .... good luck to all those starting the shagathon! xx

CamomileHoneyVanilla Tue 23-Jul-13 13:54:23

Am back - following confirmed complete mc at seven weeks <insert 'colourful' language here>. Bye byr honeymoon baby sad. Disappointed but oddly calm. Was convinced this one was going to mc from the start so it hasn't been as much of a shock as last time. Easier mc physically this time too. <finding silver lining>. Raising a glass to getting back on the TTC horse. Pass me some grapefruit juice.

ArkadyRose Tue 23-Jul-13 14:10:31

Triplespin I just checked back through my diary; it took 8 weeks for AF to come through after mc at 12 weeks. For some of us it just takes our bodies a little longer to get over things. How far along were you? I find the further along I am, the longer it takes for my body to get back to normal afterwards. I think I remember reading somewhere that if you haven't had AF by 12 weeks post-mc you should see your GP, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Emki Tue 23-Jul-13 14:27:44

Oh no cam so sorry flowers wine and lots of virtual hugs - glad you're able to see a positive but make sure you rest and grieve and look after yourself xxx

alyant79 Tue 23-Jul-13 15:19:31

oh no cam that's awful. so so sorry

cosmickitten Tue 23-Jul-13 15:20:28

cam really sorry to see your news x

CamomileHoneyVanilla Tue 23-Jul-13 16:00:56

Thanks guys. I'm very aware I'm not feeling much of anything at the moment. It's 'nice', but I suspect not particularly healthy grieving. Probably shock. DH and I are doing what we did last time and having a bottle of wine tonight and coming up with a name for the little'un. That'll likely help with getting in touch with feelings.

I read a really lovely quote on one of the threads in mc section earlier which I will attempt to paraphrase here. "It's a challenge to know how much space to give the pain in your life. Too little and you're at risk of pushing it away and denying it, too much and you risk it overwhelming you completely". I just thought it summed the dilemma up nicely so wanted to share it.

In terms of AF after mc, mine turned up after six weeks last time which I understand is about average.

We will get there. flowers.

triplespin Tue 23-Jul-13 17:10:13

camomile I am so sorry to hear your news. Hang in there. Its good to see that you are holding up so well.

Thanks guys on the range of estimates. So anywhere between 5 weeks to 12 wks for AF to arrive then - and I'm only at the bottom end of the range. sigh....

Emki Tue 23-Jul-13 17:57:06

Yes- just to add my AF took 11 weeks to arrive after erpc .... Xxx

nearlyreadytopop Tue 23-Jul-13 18:07:44

so sorry cam wine
that quote really hits home, I think I have thought very little about my last mc and wonder is it going to hit me soon.

katatonic Tue 23-Jul-13 18:40:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now