new thread, new posifrickintivity. Welcome to project desperate, where we will try anything when TTC after MC

(956 Posts)
katatonic Sun 21-Jul-13 18:01:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fedupofrainydays Sun 21-Jul-13 18:43:48

Thanks kata for new thread starting! And you're totally right on your last post on the old thread - we just have to believe this is our month!

nearlyreadytopop Sun 21-Jul-13 19:01:30

thanks for new thread
still lurkingsmile

Floweroct Sun 21-Jul-13 20:36:06

Thanks for starting. Fod congratulations that's really good news hope it is a sticky one for you!

I'm in 2ww will be poas a week on Friday it's going to drag!! Anyone else due to poas then?

SeasideLily Sun 21-Jul-13 21:06:43

Just getting into the 2ww now - 1 day post-ovulation if the opks are any use. Although, again, I felt like I ovulated on the left side, which no longer has a fallopian tube, so probs bloody useless. This is the website I am going to when AF arrives: http://nooooooooooooooo.com grin wink

I am determined to start relaxing about this anyway, by hook or by crook. So all I will do from here on is shag at the opportune moments, and perhaps eat pineapple. And go to acupuncture to try and de-stress. And obvs pop my pointless folic acids.

So sorry you ladies are feeling down, I really sympathise. I know it's not too helpful, but all I think is that it's the least fun waiting game in the world. It will happen, one way or another, soon.

Congrats fod, so pleased for you - thank you for shining a ray of hope!

Tomkat79 Sun 21-Jul-13 21:08:23

Evening all, nice to see a fresh start. I've made a pact with myself to stop living in weekly blocks as its ruling my life!

I think I realised I had issues the other night in bed lying there about as enthusiastic as a fish...and i said to DH I suppose we really should dtd!

So here's to relaxing and lots of BFP's :-)

fod27 Sun 21-Jul-13 21:46:42

Thanks ladies we hope so too, crossing everything atm and will be bobbing into the Drs tomorrow to see what we can do to monitor beans progress, will keep you informed 🎉

Marking my place on the new thread grin

Hoping for lots of luck and posifrickintivity for everybody this time around.

I have no idea when AF is due as not had a period yet since my tube removal. However my positive OPK was a week ago so I'm guessing about another week.

x

Congrats fod thanks

Tomkat - Totally agree with life in block weeks. My mood is totally different too depending on which block I'm in! Driving me mad.

Maybe the relaxed approach is the new way forward for us all...yeah right grin hmm I am going to try though...

x

Penguinita Sun 21-Jul-13 22:30:43

Good on you kat for starting the new thread! BFP karma coming your way...

Lovely news fod. I've noticed a bit of a trend for people who leave the thread for a while for a "not trying" phase to come back with good news!

Saw the post on the last thread about waiting to start a family being a good thing, because would be rubbish as 19 year old first time parents. Very true, although I think I will also be rubbish as a 36 year old first time parent, it's just that everyone will somehow expect me to know what I'm doing! confused grin

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 21-Jul-13 23:13:31

<<pops in>> Congratulations Fod. grin

cosmickitten Mon 22-Jul-13 08:05:36

Morning all not sure if I've totally caught up on old thread so apologies if I miss anyone.

katontic I'm sorry your oh has had such scary news, hopefully further scans will give you less worring answers.

fob congratulations !!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We survived the Christening. In fact it was completely fine and I enjoyed seeing family. It was hot to be done up in Sunday best. So we headed to beach after for swim, bliss.

Sundance2007 Mon 22-Jul-13 09:11:37

Morning all. Thank for the new threaad Kat, loving the title.

Congratulations to Fod, great news, keeping everything crossed for you...though there's no way I would have made it through my wedding without a drink...good luck with that! haha

Trying to keep calm ahead of the first set of 'tests' at the gp tomorrow. Just ruling out any possible infections that might be causing the pain I'm still getting. Don't you just love making conversation with someone when you're having a speculum inserted into you!!

On a slight;y different note - yesterday, my DH and I found a stray dog running around a main road near where we live. She has no tag and isn't microchipped, she absolutely stinks too. The rehoming centre are coming today - the owners have 4 weeks to come forward otherwise she gets rehomed. Poor thing.

ArkadyRose Mon 22-Jul-13 12:59:29

Thought I'd pop in here seeing as we've decided to go for it again. I think I'm physically well recovered from Feb's MC at 12 weeks; I could do without all the talk on the news about Kate though as this would have been my due date. :-(

We were going to leave it until next year to try again, but my GP has ordered a load of blood tests to see if I may be prematurely starting the menopause (I'm only 40) which means time is definitely not on our side so we're going for it now.

I'll admit that as AF is due tomorrow, I may have POAS earlier than Friday but I am really trying to be a good girl and hoping that this friday I'll be able to have a BFP to show. And that if I do, that this one sticks.

katatonic Mon 22-Jul-13 14:49:05

Misspositivity Mon 22-Jul-13 15:26:31

Can you save me a place. Having a mini break but lurking and I miss you guys.

Congrats fod.

Oh and I got engaged this weekend. < jumps up and down excited >

Hi to everyone.

Sundance I have endo diagnosed when 21 am now 35. Too much to write here but had healthy DD with no probs but have been actively treated to protect fertility. Send me a pm if you want to know anything. Good luck

Away to lurk for a while.

cosmickitten Mon 22-Jul-13 15:38:04

Kat I miss living in London still (4 years since we moved) but live living by the sea.

London does have some nice outside swimming, the Hempstead ponds are lovely . Have u ever been?

cosmickitten Mon 22-Jul-13 15:38:44

Hempstead = hampstead

katatonic Mon 22-Jul-13 15:59:15

Floweroct Mon 22-Jul-13 17:09:05

Congrats on the engagement missp!!

I'd suggest you all skip to the next post, I'm in a mood and need to write everything down!

So our ttc journey has gone something like this:
Stop taking the pill sept 11 - yay
Have a year of rubbish cycles including one that lasted over 100 days - boo
Finally get dr to refer us - yay
Have scan that reveals likely pcos - boo
Find out that referral will take 6 months to come through -boo
Decide to see dr privately and prescribed clomid to start in 2 weeks in oct 12 -yay
Next day get a letter saying I have abnormal smear so told to stop ttc -boo (lots of tears after finally thinking we might be getting somewhere)
Two weeks later get bfp! Yay
Have a colcosopy to check on cervix looks ok but can't do thorough check cos pregnant
12 week scan find out have had mmc - more tears
12 weeks later af finally appears and ttc starts again with clomid -yay
Have first scan on clomid uterus lining is v thin unlikely to get bfp -boo
Have second clomid round scan shows cyst - boo
Cyst finally disappears after 2 months start clomid again -yay
Third round shows clomid has worked well, but af appears -boo
Fourth round in July shows cyst again -boo
That brings us to today where I have to have another colcosopy and have some abnormal cells so have a biopsy, will get results in 5 weeks. Unlikely to be serious but advised it may be a good idea to leave ttc until results are in. Can I please have some good news and get my baby please sad

Sorry epic post and I know people have been and are going through a lot more than this but things are so difficult sometimes!

Sundance2007 Mon 22-Jul-13 17:32:06

Thanks missP... I just sent a pm (so as not to bore all the lovely ladies on here with my other probs!)

flower, so sorry you've had such a shitty time of it, how frustrating!! If its any tiny bit of help, hopefully the results from the colposcopy won't actually take as long as that, I'm in the colpy clinic every six months after a once bad smear and although they have to say 5 weeks, last time I was allowed to phone up for results after to 2 weeks. I think, as with all other ttc issues in the medical world, the more you shout, the sooner you get noticed, so hang on in there!

ArkadyRose Mon 22-Jul-13 17:58:53

katatonic You're on - I promise not to POAS (or at least not mention it! wink) until Friday as long as it's a Royal-baby-free thread! And yes, the Guardian's "republican" setting is a godsend!

fod27 Mon 22-Jul-13 18:13:12

Thanks ladies, your so lovely! We did a CBD and it read 2-3 weeks, got a MW appointment tomorrow so that I can make sure I'm looked after properly this time.... I don't have a clue how I will manage a hen do and wedding without alcohol, Should be interesting &#128515;&#128515;&#128515;

fod27 Mon 22-Jul-13 18:13:57

smile smile

Tomkat79 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:27:03

Royal baby free zone.....but ouch!!! DH watching the coverage in tears bless him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now