Can bad PMT affect conception?

(8 Posts)
DizzyPurple Mon 22-Jul-13 21:18:03

When I have bad PMT DH runs away so yes no ttc!!
Seriously, poutintrout you sound similar to me. We've been ttc 2.5 years and my pre period symptoms are very pregnancy like even to the nausea. Also need a wee loads and get bleeding/tender gums although not every month. have also just had lap. for suspected endo but its all clear thankfully.

KentishWine Mon 22-Jul-13 15:43:28

* that was meant to say I absolutly know the mental and physical effects of PMT are real, but I'm going to see if I can trick my body!

KentishWine Mon 22-Jul-13 15:41:52

Oh poutintout I feel your pain - physically and emotionally. We haven't been going as long as you but this is a stressful process. It feels very unfair to live in anticipation of the dreaded period, especially when you're reminded it's coming for a whole 14 days!

DH and I have decided to play it cool for a bit. I'm not going to track my cycles; I'm going to take my mind away from periods and PMT and all that crap as much as I can and see if it helps. I absolutly know that the

Good luck to you

Poutintrout Sun 21-Jul-13 23:14:39

I am very similar to you kentish The time after ovulation up to around CD3 is miserable and I dread how yuk I generally feel. As well as the stuff you mentioned I also get loads of headaches, wee like a racehorse, feel sicky and get swollen and bleeding gums. The latest addition to the catalogue of misery is intermittently feeling fluey.

Oddly all this has only started since TTC and gradually over the last 3 and half years has got worse. I initially thought that I had endometriosis. A lap proved this not to be the case. I then panicked that I was menopausal but my AMH test result seems to disprove this as a likely culprit. I am at a loss now with what the heck is going on. I really have no idea whether all of this has any bearing on my fertility (or apparent lack of) but all my fertility tests have come back as normal. It is such a cruel joke though that I feel pregnant every cycle and it is just ruddy PMS!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 21-Jul-13 20:35:21

smile

KentishWine Sun 21-Jul-13 19:16:27

Thanks for your response! Wow, your situation sounds extreme. For 2 weeks it feels like my body's decided that I will get my period no matter what! Glad it worked out for you, hope it will for me!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 21-Jul-13 15:00:48

I had pjs so severe that the hospital had to stop my periods and were talking of removing my ovaries.

Conception was fine. Don't worry smile

KentishWine Sun 21-Jul-13 08:38:01

I always get terrible PMT after ovulation. At 2dpo my boobs start to hurt; 5dpo the back/stomach cramps start; 7dpo I get really moody; by 9dpo I already have all the symptoms I have when I start my period, but without the blood.

I spend every 2ww with the same awful PMT/period symptoms. I just wait for the blood to show on CD14. It's impossible for me to imagine I could ever get pregnant as it feels like these symptoms will stop conception. I'm sure this is irrational, but as I spend half my life feeling like I'm on my period I can't imagine anything else.

Are my pre-menstral symptoms normal? Does anyone else feel this way from ovulation to period? Has anyone with bad/extended PMT conceived? If so did your symptoms just vanish after implantation?

TIA lovely and knowledgable people!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now