The Elderberry Pavlovas who will graduate (thread 12)

(1000 Posts)
CharmingCats Mon 15-Jul-13 20:08:58

Roll up, roll up for the best discussions of ewcm, opk, ic and double dying you'll ever have. Probably.

The smallprint - Berries have a strict entrance criteria (TTC #1, over 30, TTC for 3+months, NO instadiffers, must have a special pot) and def no mention of baby dust or baby dancing UGH !!! Ooh we are strict...please note your house may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments lol

Good luck Gill

Gillster Fri 02-Aug-13 08:23:06

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Currently sitting in my gown and lovely stockings waiting for op. this consultant thinks that the lap and dye was completely unnecessary so she's just going to do the hysteroscopy which is good news. A bit worrying about the difference in opinion though. Apparently we can DTD next week so should mean that I'm back in with a chance for this cycle as expect OV to be about 8 days away. smile

Bunnygirlie Fri 02-Aug-13 08:32:59

Yay, break a leg gil x

Tallyra Fri 02-Aug-13 09:20:57

yay gill that's really good news on both counts!

yorkiebilb Fri 02-Aug-13 10:32:58

Morning all,

Apologies I haven't been on for a while but I've still been keeping an eye on the thread. merk fantastic news on your first scan, bunny glad to hear you've finally got an appt letter through, gill hope the procedure goes well, blind good luck for iui, pip fx for ivf tally fx for you, boom boodle good luck on the clomid, hello to thunder and apologies for anyone else that I've missed off.

Soo, I've been desperately trying to be positive after my rubbish fsh result and work on doing something about the things that I have control over until my next appt in September e.g. healthy eating, acupuncture, yoga, meditation etc. All going well last week until insomnia decided to hit me with a vengeance - I have no problem going off to sleep doing my meditation but wake up at 4.30 and can't go back to sleep due to racing thoughts and I am now constantly knackered. Any suggestions?

Other than that got my day 21 and hsg results to come back next week which I'm starting to get a little bit stressed about. However, we have booked an appt on Tues night at the zita west clinic to chat to them about my results and what supplements etc I should be taking as I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the information online about what I should be doing.

Hope everyone is okay and have exciting plans for the weekend.

x

Yorkie just try to remember that even if results aren't good that the positive is that you know the issues and can work to resolve them. You are much closer to the outcome you want once you know what is stopping you getting there.
On the insomnia thing you have my sympathy, its horrific. Is it specific worries about your tests results that is keeping your mind racing? If so you need to perhaps talk to somebody (counsellor?) to stop these waking you up/keeping you awake perhaps. Also I found staying in bed frustrating so I used to get up, read or do some housework or something then try sleeping again an hour later

Hey yorkie, just seen your message about the insomnia here. That sounds very like the type I suffer with at times. Here are my strategies:

1. I heard somewhere that lying resting gives you 60% of the same rest as full sleep. While this might be bollocks, it definitely helps me to think of when that 'I'm not getting enough sleep' panic viscous cycle kicks in

2. For racing thoughts: put on some soft music. I know people who like the radio, but I have to have no words whatsoever. My OH made me a sleep mix which was all soft instrumental songs that I would put on. It drowns out the whizzing thoughts but isn't distracting enough to keep me awake actively listening

3. Have you tried mindfulness breathing? Counting breaths and being calm- Helps because through that you acknowledge your racing thoughts are there but you dont need to go into them right now. It's about taking control.

4. Similarly that exercise where you work through every part of your body, starting at your feet and imagine them filling up with a soft warm light or becoming heavy. Makes you concentrate on relaxation.

I don't ever get up really. I stick to thinking about point 1. And trying not to panic! Important to only have bed as a sleeping place- don't hang out there at other times so that you associate it with relaxation and rest.

yorkiebilb Fri 02-Aug-13 11:32:34

Thanks for the great suggestions thunder and merk.

I have lots of questions in my head and noone really able to answer them at the moment along with a lot of what if thoughts which start from the minute I wake up. My fear at the moment is that my next fsh results will be even higher meaning that we won't get any free nhs treatment and will just be told v little chance of ivf ever working. I spend ALOT of time on google typing in whatever fear is going through my head and tbh it's becoming a big obsession distracting me from doing my work and spending time with my DH. I am going to see a counsellor at the moment but I guess all these things take a while to work through. God I sound crazy don't I?!

My counsellor just said that because I'm dealing with so much at the moment, the meditation is enough to send me off to sleep but not enough to keep me asleep. I did try the breathing once the other day on her suggestion and cos it didn't work once I got frustrated and gave up. It's all about perserverence I guess.

happylass Fri 02-Aug-13 13:07:56

Kalimera from Zante!! <waves at Puppy over in Crete>. Just wanted to pop in for a quick catch up whilst I've got wifi! Struggling to read back as on my phone plus too bright to see screen properly! Fx everything goes well Gill. Kitty hope all was good with your IUI appointment. Will see if I can go back a few pages to see what happened. Have a good weekend all!!

SidneyBristow Fri 02-Aug-13 17:55:46

<kicks tumbleweeds out of the way>
happy Friday, berries! quiet in here!!
how'd the procedure go, Gill? hope it all went off without a hitch and that you're at home recovering with a stack of mags and a cup of pimms something comforting!

Yorkie You don't sound crazy; this process makes us all a little wobbly at times and it sounds like you have a lot on your plate, so it's totally understandable that you feel overwhelmed; anyone would. not much to add to the fantastic suggestions you've already gotten, but I do agree with Merk that it helps to look at all of this testing/waiting/more testing stuff as just that you're getting that much closer to getting your baby. You just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other, and trust that you'll wind up where you want to wind up. That's what I tell myself, anyway thanks

merk you saying you'd had a scan/seen/heard a heartbeat brought a tear to my eye; so genuinely happy for you, and I can't wait to be on the table hearing that same happy news myself (instead of being on a table having a flipping chlamydia swab done to tick it off the FC list, but hey ho)

tally your symptoms sound very, very promising!!!

happy happy holiday! wink

any good plans this weekend?

BlindKitty Fri 02-Aug-13 18:09:03

thunder success rates are only 15% sad but they're free atm so I'll take whatever I'm offered grin

merk fab news. Tbh I'd have done the same! Must be so nice actually seeing proof of your little mini-merk

yorkie good to hear from you hon! Have you thought about getting your amh levels checked? Bmi quoted me £95 and you'd just need a gp referral if you didn't want to pay fro a consultation.

<looks round for gill> she's obviously got her feet up now allowing her Dh to wait on her hand and foot. You milk it girl!

Pipbin Fri 02-Aug-13 21:01:59

Well I went and had my second ovary scan today.
I have 10 follicles on one and 15 on the other, I have no idea what that means though.

Lots of lovely follies Pip! What happens next (when)?

BlindKitty Fri 02-Aug-13 21:29:59

Wow that's loads! Are you taking menopur now? Not looking forward to having a day 5 scan. Being on your period is bad at the best if times without having a dildo cam!!!!

BlindKitty Fri 02-Aug-13 21:37:14

Day 2 scan even!

Pipbin Fri 02-Aug-13 22:30:49

Well I carry on having scans every other day next week. Then they will decide for sure when they are doing egg collection. At the moment we are heading for the 12th but that isn't set in stone.

Bunnygirlie Fri 02-Aug-13 22:37:43

Just got in from family party, nephews and nieces running round, wish they had some cousins sad

Ooh pip it's all happening!

kitty day 2 dildocam shock

Oh FFS I just turned on Gavin + Stacey and they are talking about struggling to have kids, can I not escape it anywhere?!?!?

SidneyBristow Fri 02-Aug-13 22:51:31

I left the room last night when Gavin & Stacey was on for that very reason, Bunny. Just can't deal with it from every side sometimes!

pip sooo excited for you - egg collection!! Things are really happening for you, aren't they!! x

Gillster Sat 03-Aug-13 00:12:51

Hi all! It's past all your bedtimes but thought I'd give you a quick update. The procedure was fine but they did find a fibroid poking through the endometrial wall near the entrance to one of the Fallopian tubes so that may need removing. Won't know for sure until I have a follow up appointment in 4 weeks. Felt like I had really bad AF cramps just afterwards but some painkillers sorted that and have been fine since. DH has been doing a grand job of looking after me smile.

Sounds like you have some good follies Pip. Fingers crossed for 12th or whenever for EC.

I don't envy your day 2 dildocam Kitty. You'll certainly be leaving your dignity at the door for that one! Hope it's not too bad.

Yorkie Sounds like you've had some good advice from the berries. I find that if I can't sleep then reading helps as gives my brain something else to think about. Hope you're able to sort things soon.

Night all. X

Starkin Sat 03-Aug-13 00:57:19

Hello all....stumbled across you ladies on another thread so I hope you don't mind me dropping in.

Im 35 and we've been trying for nearly a year and I think, no I know, everyone is fed up of my symptom watching and wishful thinking, followed by my self pitying....hopefully I can share some of my despair you ladies :-)

Looking forward to chatting sometime

Morning berries, happy Saturday!

yorkie you've had some much more thoughtful and intelligent advice than I could hope to offer, but you have my sympathy with both the sleepless nights and the googling obsession. When something is so worrying and you have no way of getting answers it's unsurprising that you get obsessive. You're certainly not crazy -- or if you are so are the rest of us!--

gill glad it went well and you're being spoilt rotten looked after by mr Gill. Bum to the fibroid but hey, one step closer as everyone keeps saying!

pip great stuff about your follies! Loads of lovely eggs, I'm so excited for you!

kitty yuuuurch to day 2 dildocam. The things we do...

bunny, sid, I missed G & S but everyone on bookface was raving about Pramface last night, a hilarious comedy about someone who gets knocked up by mistake from what I can gather. Ha. Ha. Ha.

starkin I've blearily looked at thoroughly reviewed your application and you appear to fit the criteria so welcome to the berries! Pull up some appropriate furniture (sofa of pity? Pouffe of possibility?) and get comfy! Tell us more about yourself (we're a nosy lot). Have you started down the FC route or are you going au naturel?

No news here berries, except that I'm symptom spotting like a crazy fool mad even though its only cd18! Convinced myself I had sensitive nipples yesterday, and have decide that my appetite has increased (nothing to do with going on a diet no no no).

Other than that, only news of interest is that one of my neighbours is in the early stages of pregnancy. How do I know, you may ask? Well, I have the delight of being woken every morning at 6am to the sound of her retching loudly, so she's either diffed or drinks a bottle of tequila every night. it bad that I'm still jealous even though the poor woman is obviously having a crappy time?

BlindKitty Sat 03-Aug-13 06:54:51

gillster my friend (was also had it) said to me, 'leave you're dignity at the dignity at the door and collect it on the way out'..now I know what she means haha

stark well you certainly meet the entrance criteria! Come on in and tell us your story! Oh now you've made me think of rob stark and ned from game of thrones... <goes back to sleep to dream..wink.>

BlindKitty Sat 03-Aug-13 06:56:47

Get you 'inspector boom, nowt gets past you!!!!

BlindKitty Sat 03-Aug-13 07:02:22

Guys, can I ask your advice? My fc has prescribed me 100mg clomid for my iui even though I overstimulated on that dose when I was on clomid earlier in the year. i adked the nurse to double check thats what she wanted and she said yes! if i produce too many eggs they'll cancel it! what do you think?

Blind can you ring them and explain your concerns. And ask why they think the same dose would not cause the same outcome this time (I assume they have a reason)

This thread is not accepting new messages.