Anyone testing around the 25th?

(267 Posts)
Wildwaterfalls Mon 15-Jul-13 15:13:36

Looking for company! I'm 1dpo now (I think) and already feeling nauseous.

We're TTC#2, DD1 is 10 months, still bf so some luteal phase issues <waves to anyone from the TTC while bf thread>.

We hit all the right days with dtd I think so fingers crossed.

Anyone else?

Doctorhappy Wed 17-Jul-13 08:29:46

Me! Ttc dc2, dc1 is 14 months. Second month of trying and due on the 25th but not holding out too much hope as dc1 took us a good while (and a fortune in opks, obsessive app use etc etc). Determined not to get obsessed this time....

Doctorhappy Wed 17-Jul-13 11:42:00

Poop just read your posts, so sorry to hear what you have been through and that you have decided will be testing on your own this time - at least you can chat to the rest of us. Remember a past mc does not mean you are any more likely to have another one. So sorry you had to go through all of that, and I do hope you get the result you want and the support you need this time round.

poopyisapig Wed 17-Jul-13 11:49:37

Thankyou. I already have a ds and that pregnancy was fine, so when I fell pregnant the last time, I assumed it would be ok too. Now I have totally different feelings so it's going to be difficult if/when I am lucky enough to fall pregnant again.

I fell pregnant first month of trying with both pregnancies, so I am hoping I have been as lucky this time.

Dh will be a wonderful father, he's fantastic with my ds, it's just the pregnancy part that worries me. My ex husband gave me no support at all when I was pregnant with ds, was not excited about the pregnancy, didn't even want to feel ds kick. He came round when ds was born and he was/still is a great dad, but my pregnancy experience and feeling so alone was the biggest contributor to my PND, I can't go though PND again (although, 11 years on the depression has never really lifted).

Wildwaterfalls Wed 17-Jul-13 12:34:26

Yes poopy please talk to us when you need to! And maybe tell your dh if you get a BFP - it would be so hard otherwise to be the only one who knows!

Welcome doctor, and good luck to you! I know what you mean about spending a fortune on OPKs...

Increased discharge here (tmi) not sure if that's a symptom of anything smile

Doctorhappy Wed 17-Jul-13 13:23:45

Thanks wild - fingers crossed for you, sounds promising!
Yeah last time round I became obsessed with opks and was often doing two a day, and month after month getting BFNs. Looking back I was so stressed and miserable about it all and also it totally took any romance out of our s*x life as it became all about doing it at the "right times". Then the month I finally did get pregnant was the fist month that I had stopped using opks and had decided just to go with the flow - in fact I was convinced that I couldn't be pregnant as we were both away (separately) the weekend that I was sure I was due to ovulate. So this time round I'm determined just to take it easy - I'm sure all those stress hormones don't help the conception process!
Looking forward to next week, I bet we get a least a few positives!

Doctorhappy Wed 17-Jul-13 13:26:56

And poop, sounds like feeling isolated is definitely a big risk factor for you so it might be an idea to plan and access as much support as possible this time if you can - prenatal groups, friends and family etc and keep your midwife informed about how you're feeling and what happened the last time. Sounds like a different set of circumstances this time so hopefully that will help smile

poopyisapig Wed 17-Jul-13 14:03:08

Poop, I literally have no one, no friends, no family. Dh has parents but they live quite far away and I am not close to them, so I am stuck really.

poopyisapig Wed 17-Jul-13 14:05:47

Jesus, I replied to myself lol! I meant dr ..... I blame lack of sleep and hot weather.

I actually made all of my good friends at baby and toddler groups with ds, me a lot of strange people, but found a good few who I had more in common with than babies! Sadly a horrific divorce and moving 300 miles from them saw the friendships end.

Cupcake11 Wed 17-Jul-13 14:12:15

That's really sad Poopy but you have all of us here to talk to when you need to, you shouldn't feel like you're alone. Have you tried talking to your DH about how you feel? Maybe he's saying he won't get excited to protect his emotions but doesn't realise how much it's hurting you.

Symptom-wise, I've been feeling tired and nauseous today but I'm sure it's just the heat. Desperate for my boobs to feel sore smile

sleepcrisis Wed 17-Jul-13 22:28:00

Poopy - all those friends you made at baby groups- you will meet more with the next baby!

Just a quick one from me, but someone mentioned nose bleeds - I also had that throughout my pregnancy and had never had one before or since! And talking of bleeding, I just had my good old bleeding gums!

Fingers crossed everyone

poopyisapig Wed 17-Jul-13 22:34:53

I know I will, that's the wonderful thing about having babies and toddlers, they are a great ice breaker.

Had a chat to dh tonight. I feel a lot better about things.

This might be TMI, blush but we dtd this evening and it felt v strange for both of us. It felt like my cervix was really low down. It was almost painful so we had to stop. This happened when I fell pregnant the last time, one week before my period would have been due, just like now. It lasted for a few days, then felt normal again.

Has anybody else that has been pregnant before experienced this? I know it could be a good sign, but I am now worrying that I have the same symptoms as the pregnancy I lost.

sleepcrisis Wed 17-Jul-13 22:40:46

I have no idea where my cervix is or should be I'm afraid. But if its something you only experienced while pregnant before, then.... Well it might be a good sign?

sleepcrisis Wed 17-Jul-13 22:41:55

I just finished reading your post... Well I feel the same about the bleeding gums. I had that last cycle too when I lost the pg. but I also know I had it jest time round, can you remember that symptom when you were pregnant with Ds?

poopyisapig Wed 17-Jul-13 22:48:56

Ds is 11, I can't remember much! I had hypermerisis from 5 weeks, that was about it. I was young though (22) so although he was planned and we tried for him, I wasn't really as aware of early signs etc as I am now, I was quite naive and happy go lucky back then!

It is horrible having the same signs as with a lost pg. but on the other hand, it's given me some hope.

Dh said he was sure I was pregnant hmm He's now snoring away without a care in the world and I am pottering around the house worrying!

Doctorhappy Thu 18-Jul-13 07:34:26

Poop - a lower cervix is just a sign you have ovulated, not an early pregnancy sign so try not to worry too much about it. Your cervix drops every month just after ovulation - http://www.babymed.com/pregnant-cervix-and-pregnancy

poopyisapig Thu 18-Jul-13 08:19:19

Hi thanks for that! Yes I know that, I ovulated on the 1Oth, was using the sticks and had all my usual ovulation signs/temp/pains etc.

Maybe it's not cervix being lower (I have no clue what it is tbh) but it did feel very strange, just like the last time I was pregnant. It's never usually like that, around ovulation or not so it got me thinking. It was strange enough got dh to notice too. I've had a google and lots if women say it feels strange.

Oh well, 7 days until my period is due so I will have to wait!

Wildwaterfalls Thu 18-Jul-13 09:45:53

Lots of promising symptoms on this thread! Very exciting! Poopy I'm glad you've had a talk with your DH.

I've had increased need to go to the loo nothing to do with drinking more of course and a bit of nausea. Doing an exercise class this morning - will have to take it easy!

Cupcake11 Thu 18-Jul-13 09:57:46

Does anyone else keep flitting between thinking they're pregnant and then being sure they're not? It's soooooo frustrating not knowing!

I'm quite convinced I'm not at the moment. I normally get really sore boobs in the lead up to AF and I haven't even had that this time, let alone increased soreness sad

poopyisapig Thu 18-Jul-13 10:26:57

Wild - I kept going to the lol yesterday and thinking 'yay, another sign'. But then I remembered I drank 4 litres of water because I was so hot.

I am currently googling 'pregnancy tests 7 days before period is due'.

Fighting the urge to go to the chemist. Last time I spent a small fortune on tests, got a v v faint line 3 days before, only got a strong +v the day before I was due.

I was a wreck all week peeing on any test I could find. I will not do that again! (You all know I probably will)

poopyisapig Thu 18-Jul-13 10:36:04

The only thing I learned from all the testing last time is that the only tests that seem to work for me are first response. I won't be buying a clearblue conception indicator again - I bought two and they were both duffs! Nothing at all on my display. Clearblue sent me replacements but I had to wait a week and by then I knew for sure anyway.

Doctorhappy Thu 18-Jul-13 11:17:49

Cupcake - yes! Part of me feels certain I'm not, no idea why, but then I also keep letting myself think about certain events in the coming months and figure out "I'd be 12 weeks by then" etc. Trying really hard not to speculate too much though as I was really disappointed last month and it took me a good few days to pick myself up again! It's hard though, I really want dc1 and 2 to be close in age and with every month you see that gap growing... Anyway, glad I joined this thread, looking forward to all then testing next week and hoping for a few bfps!

Vikkijayne2507 Thu 18-Jul-13 12:06:07

Yay positive opk immediately

poopyisapig Thu 18-Jul-13 12:32:13

Doctor - I keep thinking like that too.

The frustrating thing is, this is the perfect time for me to fall pregnant. Ds goes to his fathers house for 3 weeks august 12, so if something terrible were to happen at the same time as it did last time it would be then so I wouldn't have to worry about taking care of him. Also, by the time I have to do the school run again, I would be 10 weeks, so hopefully over the worst of the tiredness and I wouldn't be doing the 2 mile round trip everyday. I would also be 20 weeks just before his birthday, I'd never tell him before then as he is very sensitive and desperate for us to have a baby so I'd want to make sure all was fine first, so that would be perfect too.

And the baby would be due around dhs birthday.

Should really try and distract myself with work, this is getting out of hand now!

poopyisapig Thu 18-Jul-13 12:32:49

Viiki - is a pos on one of those an indication of pregnancy then??

poopyisapig Thu 18-Jul-13 16:32:11

I've been having sharp pains on my left hand side today quite low down near my pelvic bone. They have been going on all day. Had these pains with the last pregnancy too, apparently they are implantation pains? The timing for them would be bang on.

Gah, all this symptom sotting is getting daft. I need to relax and forget for a bit! We have been invited to one of ds friends parents house for an end of term BBQ tomorrow night which will be lovely as we've not lived here long so I don't really know any of the parents yet, but I know there will be lots of drink to avoid as the dad is a wine merchant grin. Will have to let dh have my quota just incase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now