Best IVF Clinics near Surrey?

(5 Posts)
LondonSuperTrooper Thu 11-Jul-13 14:09:06

Can anyone recommend a good IVF clinic based near Surrey? I am based near Epsom. And I am willing to travel to London.

Apparently everything is ok with me & my partner but due to my age (will be 40 in November), I've been recommmndedc to try IVF.

We can only afford one cycle (gulp circa £7k) so I'd like to give it my best shot by choosing a decent clinic.

TIA

LondonSuperTrooper Thu 11-Jul-13 20:51:39

Anyone?

Im in the same position and wondered what info you managed to find out???

moggle Mon 18-Nov-13 10:52:35

Hi, if you go on the HFEA website there is a postcode search so you can find out what clinics are in your area.
We live near Walton and are just starting the whole IVF thing, we are going with the Victoria Wing at the nuffield hospital in Woking. We are private for this cycle but if it doesn't work, in a year we'll be entitled to NHS treatment which can also be done there. It's really close to my work which should be convenient when the frequent scans kick in. Have only visited once so far, to have blood tests and a pelvic scan, but so far so good, really impressed.

eurochick Mon 18-Nov-13 10:59:10

It's a very personal choice. We're at Create in Wimbledon. They don't have the highest success rates in London, but their low intervention, more holistic approach appealed to me. ARGC has high success rates, but throw every drug in the book at you and have you in daily for tests. It would have completely freaked me out (I hate doctors and being prodded and poked!), but other people swear by their methods. So different clinics suit different people.

The HFEA website is a good place to start but a bit daunting if you include the London clinics as there are so many.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now