Q about ewcm and timing

(9 Posts)
sleepcrisis Sat 13-Jul-13 13:29:53

Sorry I haven't been back to reply. I agree with Kittykat - it seems a bit strange to come onto a conception board and say we are overthinking things! Actually I just want to maximise my chances without 'overthinking' it - I am not using OPKs, charting, etc etc, just starting off with lots of sex during a specific time of my normally very regular cycle. A good place to start, no? And given my chemical pregnancy I am obviously quite keen to get back on it!

And frankly if we all just had sex when we both feel like it I think we would see quite a reduction in the birth rate!

Writerwannabe83 Thu 11-Jul-13 18:50:00

I only had EWCM on one day last week and thankfully we had DTD on 2 occasions prior to that. However, I am still DTD every other day because I know there is no exact science to it and I would hate to miss the window.

It can be hard having sex so often as initiating it can feel strange as we know we are only doing it to try and conceive. Thankfully my husband doesn't feel 'used' yet but I'm sure the time will come grin

kittykat01 Thu 11-Jul-13 15:57:42

i think anyone who has signed up to mumsnet to talk about conception and different techniques and different advice and who thinks daily sex is best, who thinks every other day or every or discuss mucus etc etc etc etc has already gone into the danger zone of overthinking and become obsessed

and i doubt very much that anyone on here just has sex when they both feel like it lol.

How long have you been ttc for?.

You are in danger of over thinking things and such can and does tie up a person in knots. Ovulation is not an exact science and it can occur earlier, later or not at all in any given cycle.

You need to take the pressure off yourselves and make love when you both feel like it, not just when you think its ovulation time or when you have ewcm, that is a poor predictor of ovulation in any case.

sleepcrisis Thu 11-Jul-13 13:12:17

hmm. ok I'll try and jump him again tonight. Not sure I love the idea of sex EVERY day but lets hope we'll be lucky this month!

RaRaZ Thu 11-Jul-13 12:03:34

From what I've read, it's now been found that daily sex does NOT lower the QUALITY of sperm - it just reduces the QUANTITY (and not by all that much either). Apparently it should only really be a problem if your man has a low sperm count/poor quality sperm - if he has no problems in that area, daily sex would be better and he's then giving you more sperm overall.

kittykat01 Thu 11-Jul-13 09:03:56

I would say stick to every other day. The reason I say that is because we are ttc#1 and on cycle 6.
The first two cycles we DTD everyday and BFN
the third cycle we only DTD on day 10 and day 15. I ovulated day 16 i know this because i charted that month and we got our BFP only to lose it a couple of weeks later.
Ive had two Af since the mmc and both of those months we DTD everyday for 7 days around ovulation and Im thinking we just used up the whole supply.
This cycle im starting to chart and im defo planning on only DTD every 2-3 days around ovulation. I honestly feel it effects the quality of sperm

babyrose Thu 11-Jul-13 08:52:02

I also wondered the same question!

sleepcrisis Thu 11-Jul-13 08:48:11

Hi everyone

I'm just wondering how often I should be having sex during the ewcm fertile window. I know every other day throughout the cycle but should we do if every day during ewcm or stick to the every other day= more, better quality sperm etc.

Last month I had ewcm from cd15-18, we Dtd on cd14 and cd16, ovulated on cd18 (ov pains) and we conceived, but had a chemical pregnancy. Am aware I was lily to conceive so quickly but want to maximise chances this month.

So this month things are a looking a bit later ecause of chemical, but so far we have dtd on cd14, cd16, I started having ewcm on cd16, today is cd17.

So in my estimation I should ovulate on cd 19, should I dtd every day from now on or stick to every other day?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now