The August BFP bus - all aboard the glorious number 8!

(951 Posts)
DisneyDiva87 Tue 09-Jul-13 09:43:10

I'll start off then shall I?

Passengers on board

BFPs so far

waiting for BFP
DisneyDiva87 TTC#1 cycle 3 BFP due 8th August

DisneyDiva87 Tue 09-Jul-13 10:13:59

Just me then? Oh well, hopefully we'll get 100% return on BFPs!

lindamagoo Tue 09-Jul-13 11:34:49

I'm here to support you Dosney smile

blueamber Tue 09-Jul-13 11:43:15

Will join you as soon as I have sorted my cycles out hmm

gillywillywoo Tue 09-Jul-13 11:48:11

Can't believe there's an August bus already... This year is going sooooo quickly! smile

I've only just ovulated so just beginning my 2ww. Everything crossed for a bfp in july so hopefully won't need to join the August bus... But like to see how everyone's getting on!

Disney I hope you found a nice new shiny bus with air conditioning! grin

DisneyDiva87 Tue 09-Jul-13 12:21:15

Of course! It's a convertible bus too so we can put the roof down when we fancy it and sunbathe. It comes with a twinned Ice Cream van so on demand Ice cream for all us August TTCer's

I hope July is your month Gilly

DisneyDiva87 Tue 09-Jul-13 15:41:04

Clearly there were too many BFP's in June and too many so far in July for anyone else to be joining me...

Lucky sods envy

FoxMulder Tue 09-Jul-13 15:46:15

There was heaps of people jumping off the July bus, I guess they've just not made it over here yet. This bus must just be a bit slow to get going. Rather like my car.

DisneyDiva87 Tue 09-Jul-13 16:03:59

Oh well, on the bright side I get to pick the tunes!

ImaginaryHat Tue 09-Jul-13 22:39:00

Hey Disney! Sorry you've ended up here but I'm glad you are otherwise we wouldn't have such a awesome sounding bus! Gonna have to crack open the factor 50 if this is a convertible, I'm a pale weirdo that burns in 5 mins flat!

Am on my phone so can't update the list, any chance you could you add me please?

ImaginaryHat ttc#1 cycle 3 bfp due 6th August

I'm still saying cycle 3 as didn't end up ttc last month. Got the red witch with me at the mo, she's being a right cow, roll on the weekend when she should have departed!

lel74 Tue 09-Jul-13 23:17:44

I'm joining you on the bus Disney, AF finished today so will be starting the OPK's tomorrow, here's hoping for lots of BFP's this month smile

lel74 TTC#2 cycle 3 BFP due 2nd August

DisneyDiva87 Wed 10-Jul-13 07:59:24

Yay! Company grin

Our good weather has gone here so we can put the roof up if you prefer imaginary. AF has me just now too and I forgot to put spare tampons in my work bag confused at least I have a pad. Might buy some but the shop people know me I'm in that often so I'm a bit embarrassed.

This month is our month girls I can feel it grin

DisneyDiva87 Wed 10-Jul-13 08:03:38

Bah! They only had huge boxes of applicator tampons.

ImaginaryHat Wed 10-Jul-13 08:55:20

I really envy you if you can get away with just pads, I struggle even with super tampons on my peak days confused. We recently went camping with friends and one of the girls got her AF and as I was popping to the shops she asked if I could pick her something up. I asked if she wanted pads or tampons and she looked at me like I was crazy and said 'pads is fine, its not like were going swimming or anything'. So lucky!

I know what you mean about being embarrassed in your local shop!

DisneyDiva87 Wed 10-Jul-13 09:04:25

I am very lucky, my first 2 days are my 'heavy' days but I can use a normal tampon for the full 8 hours with no accidents then the last 2 days are lighter and I have mini tampons for them! (I feel like a teenager). I hate pads though I only wear them when I have to and only for a couple of hours usually in between tampons.

ImaginaryHat Wed 10-Jul-13 09:25:21

Wow, I have period envy haha!

DisneyDiva87 Wed 10-Jul-13 09:40:50

That's the first time I've heard that!

grin

jaykay987 Wed 10-Jul-13 10:53:11

Hello

Do you mind if I join you?
I'm fairly new to mumsnet, but have been reading the past few weeks to try and learn the lingo!

jaykay987 ttc#1 cycle 1 bfp due 9th August

DH and I officially decided to ttc on 28th June. But AF started today, so I guess this is the beginning of cycle 1 for us. We've already started practicing dtd on a regular basis! I have a deep feeling this might be a long road for us - no facts, just a feeling.

Fingers crossed to everyone for August!

lel74 Wed 10-Jul-13 10:57:25

I never even think of using pads, always tampons. Is there any benefit when TTC to using a pad? Just wondering if a tampon would cause any 'environmental changes' so to speak!!! Probably not but you got me thinking!

Good luck to all on the bus so far x

DisneyDiva87 Wed 10-Jul-13 11:05:06

I'll never stop using tampons even if they are a hindrance to TTC. Can't imagine they would be though cause they don't go any further to the cervix which should be in a 'closed' position, no? Plus it's usually at least a week later before you ovulate anyway so plenty of time for the environment to get to a suitable equilibrium.

Good luck ladies! (Yell if I forgot you)

Passengers on board

BFPs so far

waiting for BFP

lel74 TTC#2 cycle 3 BFP due 2nd August
ImaginaryHat ttc#1 cycle 3 bfp due 6th August
DisneyDiva87 TTC#1 cycle 3 BFP due 8th August
jaykay987 ttc#1 cycle 1 bfp due 9th August

FoxMulder Wed 10-Jul-13 11:16:59

You can't use tampons if you have a MC, I know that much. But what if you never knew you were preg? Hmm.

I'm sure it cant affect TTC though.

Captainmcgraw Wed 10-Jul-13 16:47:01

Hi just left the July bus so joining you on the August bus.

Captainmcgraw ttc#2 cycle 9 BFP due 7th August

Adding to the tampon chat - since ttc does anyone else find themeselves refusing to buy tampons etc. when you're running out as you're hoping there won't be any need for them the following month? Then of course what happens is AF comes and you're caught out! Very silly. Must learn...

ImaginaryHat Wed 10-Jul-13 18:01:01

Haha Captain not done that yet but can easily see it happening! (Although I do regularly find myself rummaging around in random handbags looking for one cos ive been too disorganised to replenish my supplies!)

Also, welcome jaykay smile

jaykay987 Wed 10-Jul-13 18:14:06

I think I'll go the other way Captain - buy a big box. then sods law I won't need them!

Tea1Sugar Wed 10-Jul-13 19:36:38

Can I hover please? Af is due next week but I reckon I'll be joining you all tbh. Oh and tampons allll the way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now