Pull up a chair for the 2ww...

(710 Posts)
Tea1Sugar Sun 07-Jul-13 18:36:25

Anyone care to join me for this interminable length of waiting time?! I'm only 1 dpo! brew

charleylarlie Tue 09-Jul-13 18:52:48

Tea1Sugar - you probably wouldn't get any symptoms until implantation has occurred, which is about 6 - 12 dpo and even then you might not know for sure until you do a test. Some women get changes in their cm as a very early symptom of pg but many don't notice any change at all. I'm not v in touch with my body so have no clue really about my own cm - have only just discovered ewcm last month. But don't rule yourself out just yet! smile

MightilyOats Wed 10-Jul-13 16:07:10

I'm about half way through the 2ww (I think) -ttc #2 and though with #1 I was charting temps, knew my cycle inside and out this time round I haven't a clue grin

Had a couple of days mad symptom spotting at the weekend (as in probably about 2dpo), felt sick, light headed, tingly boobs, exhausted... POAS (yes ridiculously early, I know) and BFN (naturally!), since then, I've felt fine...

Moving house next week, so probably for the best if I'm not pg, but there you go smile

Definitelysometime Wed 10-Jul-13 19:24:48

Hi all <pulls up deckchair next to TeaAndANatter and opens tub of Haagen daaz>

I'm just starting my first real 2WW, except that I'm not really sure when I ovulated. Hmmmm, hope we DTD at the right times. I've just had two days of EWCM (though later than I thought, days 15 & 16). Does that mean I'm ovulating now? Oh gawd, maybe we need to DTD again tonight in that case?

AF due on 22nd, but if ovulation is late maybe even later... How to pass the time?

Tea1Sugar Wed 10-Jul-13 19:28:32

Hi all, I've had the most yucky taste in my mouth today, like soil , it's past now but a good two hours I spent wanting to rip my tongue out!

Writerwannabe83 Wed 10-Jul-13 19:36:51

Definitely : definitely DTD again tonight!!

My AF is due on the 21st too grin

Writerwannabe83 Wed 10-Jul-13 19:37:20

22nd I mean, lol

TeaAndANatter Wed 10-Jul-13 19:44:20

Due to test on Sunday or Monday. Not sure if I want to know, or just wait for a fat disappointment when AF comes and pocket the crispy fiver for chocolate.

Definitelysometime Wed 10-Jul-13 19:44:45

Oh brilliant, a TTC buddy! Will this be your first writer?

Luxlisbon82 Thu 11-Jul-13 08:53:29

Hi, can I join? I've got 8 days till I can test-
anyone else symptom spotting mad? I swore I wouldn't and on cycle 1:
I've already obsessed over veiny boobs and thighs

needing to eat a snickers twice in one day even though I'm normally a vegetarian super healthy foodie who doesn't like sugary stuff(probably caused the veiny-ness due to 3 eaten in 2 days-faaat)

Feeling unusually good- normally always tired due to other dc' s. That one is insane

And I actually have a little belly (see 3 snickers)

Weeing ALL the time Inc 5.30am, I mean it's not like like it's hot or anything and I'm drinking lots.....oh.

Being way more dippy than my usual self- claimed yesterday that W-E didn't spell anything. Stepped in cat sick I was fully aware was there 2mins before on my way to cleaning it up.

I'm normally quite sane and non obsessive, what happened?

TeaAndANatter Thu 11-Jul-13 20:09:55

Two or three more full days til test <drums fingers>

Tea1Sugar Thu 11-Jul-13 20:12:44

Please slap me I'm still doing opks each day despite being cd18 now and had just one positive opk on cd12. blush

TeaAndANatter Thu 11-Jul-13 20:16:31

Ha! Well, that's commitment for you. If it makes you feel good, go for it. Hell, roll them up and smoke them if it helps the 2ww go faster ;-)

Tea1Sugar Thu 11-Jul-13 20:18:23

Thanks! Got cramps tonight pretty intense tbh but at only cd18 I reckon it's IBS rather than Af or implantation. Still wishful though!

TeaAndANatter Thu 11-Jul-13 20:27:54

Crossing everything for you. It's only my first cycle post mc, so I'm not overly hopeful, but still going for it whole heartedly.

Tea1Sugar Thu 11-Jul-13 20:35:47

Sending loads of luck your way, it's my first cycle off the pill so also doubtful tbh, but us "teas" can stick together grin

Tea1Sugar Sat 13-Jul-13 10:31:13

Morning all. Strange thing for me today - for up at 6am with dd as I do everyday. I've just woken up from an hour's nap on the sofa. Really? A nap at 9.30am?!

TeaAndANatter Sat 13-Jul-13 16:56:30

Uhhh, lower temp today. Scenting no need to test tomorrow/Monday. Quite frankly, poo. First cycle post mc was probably hoping for too much, but I'd read so many other people managing it. Poo, poo, poo. Sadder than I thought this'd be. And also worrying that bleeding will be triggering about the mc. Good luck all remaining on the wait. I'll lurk until AF arrives, then slink off to the August bus. x

Oooh! Goog luck everyone!

I'm super confused, maybe you can all help me out? I have irregular cycles so not sure if I'm ovulating or impanting! Will continue to DTD every other day regardless (serious foof chafe, despite using conceive+). Okies, my cycle has been 28-35 days this year. Mostly 31/32. So, here's my activity this month, with symptoms...
Cd 1-5 AF
cd 6 DTD
cd 9 DTD (at Glasto, we're dedicated...)
cd 12,13,14 + 17,18 DTD

cd 19, 20, 21 Away on business, but got mild AF cramps in the night on 20 and 21.
cd 22 DTD and started getting mild achey boobs, like AF due but not as sore, v.mild.
cd 23 boobs still tiniest bit tender when I move them about.

cd23 is today... so if my longest cycle is 35, I guess I'm in the 2ww already, with my shortest cycle at 28 these could be symptoms of pg. Hmmm.

Thoughts or opinions anyone?

Good* (slaps forehead)

Jeez... *implanting.

EnglishBreakfastTea Mon 15-Jul-13 02:23:45

Hello ladies, brand new first time poster here! I'm on my first 2ww trying to conceive DC1 and i'm not enjoying it in the slightest, to be honest, I feel pretty rough! The constant ache ive been experiencing down there for the last 5 days is starting to scare me a bit! Has anyone experienced anything like this before?? AF is due on Sunday so its a bit early for me to POAS, its taking all my will power not too though! Hoping fingers & toes crossed that i'll get a BFP next week - at least it will put my mind at ease about the period type pain anyway! smile
Nice to meet you all, sending brew and as many BFPs as possible!

EnglishBreakfastTea Mon 15-Jul-13 02:34:14

Oops, forgot to mention that I'm not a night owl....I actually live in Australia so it's a reasonable time here! smile
KittyCatKittyCat - you sound just like me! My cycles range from 28 - 34 days, mostly they stable out at 30-31 but i can never really tell! Have you tried temping? I havent yet (--am going to do more research-- listen to mumsnet advice) before I invest in a kit. I've had odd feeling boobs in the last couple of days too, they dont hurt, just feel strange....I'm deffo taking it as a sign smile wishing you the best of luck!!

Luxlisbon82 Mon 15-Jul-13 09:42:58

Hey kittycat, if you are on a longer cycle the later pains could be later ov, do you get any other ov symptoms? maybe opks will help if you have varying lengths of cycles. If not many people complain of af type pains too early and go on to have a bfp, so fingers crossed for you!

Englishbreakfast I've been having these pains since about 7dpo but I'm first cycle off pill so don't know how long my cycle is, but all signs point to 28 days, so they are so early, hopefully it means positive things for us- at least something is going on in there?!

Tea1Sugar Mon 15-Jul-13 11:16:11

I'm going to poas on thursday before I go to my friends birthday dinner. The result will let me know whether or not I can drink! It'll be 12dpo. When is everyone else testing?

Luxlisbon82 Mon 15-Jul-13 11:23:40

Af due friday so prob sat if it doesn't turn up! getting nervous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now