Legs in the air.

(340 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Thu 04-Jul-13 18:41:59

Hello ladies smile

A colleague of mine told me that in order to increase the chance of conception I should lie on my back with my legs up against a wall for half an hour post sex!!

Obviously I know it is silly - but I still did it last night!!! grin

Also - this is a seriously TMI question but I do need to ask it.

After sex, how much sperm do you find leaks out of you?? blush

Even after having my legs up for the wall for about 15 minutes I still found there was quite a lot of leakage when I stood up, haha.

I can't believe I'm talking about this!

I guess I just thought that all the sperm would be shot up to where it needed to be???

valiumredhead Fri 05-Jul-13 19:56:32

We not weeblush

Writerwannabe83 Fri 05-Jul-13 19:56:59

Moon cups???

Is that something I need to Google? lol smile

valiumredhead Fri 05-Jul-13 20:10:34

It's an internal silicone cup to collect menstrual blood-they're fab!-but I've heard women are inserting them after sex to hold the semen close to the cervix. Sounds like it would help imo.

rootypig Fri 05-Jul-13 20:24:40

I love my mooncup but the thought of it full of spunk makes me <boak> a bit! grin

ChubbyKitty Fri 05-Jul-13 21:17:22

I have to shut the cats out when we dtd. They're starers.

Writerwannabe83 Fri 05-Jul-13 21:23:08

I can't help but think of Moon Pig when I see the words Moon Cup grin

ShowOfHands Fri 05-Jul-13 21:29:35

Not only is there no point whatsoever putting your feet up after sex, it can cause UTIs. You should urinate quite soon after sex to flush out bacteria from the entrance of your urethra. Particularly important when ttc as you don't want an infection when newly pregnant.

A decent sperm will swim to where it needs to be.

valiumredhead Fri 05-Jul-13 23:18:25

If female orgasm helps as the cervix dips into the semen, surely you are mimicking that by raising your bum/legs?

CaipirinhasAllRound Fri 05-Jul-13 23:27:10

I'm in shock that people really say 'make love' (yuk), especially when it's sex with a friend for baby making sake

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 06-Jul-13 07:51:26

I agree with show (long time, no see - how are you?). Any decent swimmers are straight up there regardless. Far better to get up and pee to prevent UTIs.

International - just confused and hmm

TeaAndANatter Sat 06-Jul-13 08:29:59

OOh (mooncup use) - hadn't even thought of that. Wow. Maybe a mooncup, then a headstand before breakfast. Kind of like a second shag without the effort! grin

Writerwannabe83 Sat 06-Jul-13 09:10:11

lol @ TeaAndNatter smile

A few weeks ago I needed to have a wee before we even started to DTD and so once we had finished I was absolutely busting!!

I ran to the toilet and relieved myself and it felt like all the sperm just dropped out into the toilet bowl, lol.

I was very disappointed with myself for not having thought of that happening grin

Vikkijayne2507 Sat 06-Jul-13 09:27:40

My oh was not really that keen at first not cos of the children he wants loads but cos of money issues. I went on about it enough times got myself a permanent full time job and said there are issues but they will decrease now and by the time if and when get prg we will be ok. Its interesting now hes agreed and been off the pill a month he is much happier and is now quite keen to get on and have kids I didnt think he would turn around that fast. I do think i would feel a bit funny about legs in the air afterwards

Writerwannabe83 Sat 06-Jul-13 10:57:33

Yep, it isn't that comfortable and the hard wall starts to hurt my heels after a while smile

I'm glad your husband has come round to the idea - hope you get a BFP soon smile

ShowOfHands Sat 06-Jul-13 12:45:45

Wotcha Baby. I am absolutely fine and dandy. I shouldn't be loitering round conception threads though as my dh booked his vasectomy yesterday. grin How are things coming along with you?

internationallove985 Sat 06-Jul-13 12:53:32

Had a little faith baby. Continue to be scepitcal and confused about my chioces should they be that important to you, but I will freely admit I've never had a problem being decietful to get what I want, and nor do I feel any guilt. xx

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 06-Jul-13 12:54:38

Good good! Yes I'm well, currently feeding my 12 week old DD! She's quite scrummy and worth the 2 1/2 year wait in the end smile I think it's fine to lurk in conception to share the wisdom of experience!

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 06-Jul-13 12:57:35

Ah right see that's where we differ. I'm a terrible liar and hate deceiving people. Each to their own I guess.

ShowOfHands Sat 06-Jul-13 13:55:20

You're very good to engage Baby. grin

And excuse me, but 12 weeks? How is that even possible? You got pregnant yesterday, right? I feel like my mother some days but gosh, time does fly. Does she do that thing where she wakes up from a nap and gurgles and flaps and tells you all about her dreams? I loved that bit. And the gummy grins and that milk drunk thing they do after a feed. And the sneezing. Ohhhhhh.

<cancels vasectomy>

I'm not sure it's some days whether it's wisdom or weary experience. Doesn't matter so much I suppose if the end result is the same. 12 weeks! <shakes head>

MagzFarqharson Sat 06-Jul-13 14:15:23

international please stop spelling deceitful wrong. How can you be so proud of living your life around so much 'deciet' - poor unsuspecting bloke, if it's just a fwb situation he probably has no idea you're ttc - there are unwritten rules you know. Him hoping for 'a happy accident' wtaf?

Are you just avoiding having to get a job by any chance, you decietful witch person?

valiumredhead Sat 06-Jul-13 14:30:26

Perhaps he should wear a condom if he really doesn't want a baby? Any man that doesn't has to expect an 'accident' even if the woman says she's on the pill, and according to international he hasn't even discussed contraception.

valiumredhead Sat 06-Jul-13 14:32:38

It is very rude to point out someone's spelling/grammar especially as this is an informal forum not an exam paperhmm

valiumredhead Sat 06-Jul-13 14:37:02

That doesn't mean I particularly agree with the situation btw but spelling is neither here nor there and all this pity for a bloke who won't even wear a condom? Oh please!

MissStrawberry Sat 06-Jul-13 14:44:42

Good God some of you sound about 12 years old.

What about the poor child who is going to be born or is it just about a cute little doll to dress up? I expect you'll be wanting maintenance from this poor deluded bloke and I 100% guarantee he does not want a "happy accident" hmm.

valiumredhead Sat 06-Jul-13 14:48:29

He should take some responsibility then and wear a condom. Why 'poor deluded bloke?' confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now