Who wants to join me for a wishful BFP in July? xxx

(111 Posts)
lauralushxx Sat 29-Jun-13 18:23:03

ok ladies, who wants to join me........grin
started TTC last month had a big BFN so out for June in for July smile
Am now 10 dpo and DDT everyday now to get the best chance!
Have tried a few cheap OPK strips (none been positive yet)... Baby dust to us all and hope we can see lots of BFPs this month xxxxx

MrsHende Mon 01-Jul-13 20:30:20

Thanks Tea! Goggled it, think I'll give it a go!

argylesocks Mon 01-Jul-13 21:48:07

mrshende it's a particular type of lube that's supposed to help the sperm live longer or something. You're not supposed to use regular lubes because the ph can mess up the sperm. I figured it was worth a shot!

williwonti Mon 01-Jul-13 22:29:53

I am expecting af any time between thurs and mon, keeping busy until then!!!

I'd like to join too. AF due Sunday 14th-ish (slightly irregular cycles). This is our first month of trying. Still naively excited about the whole thing.

HotCrossPun Tue 02-Jul-13 09:46:23

I tested again this morning and there is a really really really faint line. It's so faint you can barely see it.

I took apart the test like a mad woman so I could get a better look, and I think there is one there.

I'm going to get a digital one on my way to work and find out for sure.

Anybody else testing today?

MrsHende Tue 02-Jul-13 10:04:10

How exciting! Keep us updated!

Luxlisbon82 Tue 02-Jul-13 13:32:42

Can I join please, ttc # 3 cycle 1 since coming off pill in May, due around 19th July. Kinda doing smep without opk yet as generally know when ovulating. Just married and we both work from home so it's been a bit of a shagfest.good luck anyone testing soon!

Luxlisbon82 Tue 02-Jul-13 13:35:41

Good luck with the digital hotcross, sounds promising!

TeaAndANatter Tue 02-Jul-13 16:51:13

From where am I going to dredge up the enthusiasm to persuade DH again tonight that sex would be a magical and life enhancing act?? The novelty began to pale some time ago, and now I'm out of making-us-frisky tricks!

Perhaps we'd be better going on some sort of behavioural reinforcement plan - for every shag we get a token, and we can swap the tokens for good stuff at the weekend? Is that really dreadful to even contemplate? Maybe two tokens for a less than half hearted shag, and three tokens for enthusiastic participation? wink

HotCrossPun Tue 02-Jul-13 21:08:18

Bought a digital test this morning and got a BFP! I'm so pleased - not least for the fact that I was nearly bankrupting myself with all the tests I got through grin

TeaAndANatter I laughed out loud when I read your last post. That was me last week. at one point I reasoned with DP that we defiantly should have a bonk, because then we will have worked up an appetite for some nice buttered toast.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed that all of your get your BFP's soon thanks

blackbirdatglanmore Tue 02-Jul-13 21:28:22

Congratulations, HotCross! Hope to see you over in pregnancy! X

argylesocks Tue 02-Jul-13 23:29:12

Yay congrats hotcross! Maybe July really is lucky smile

floppops Wed 03-Jul-13 06:35:43

I'll join! AF due 9th..Have been POAS daily like a crazy person as is prob too early..Internet cheapies though. Pack of 20 so too tempting not too!

Luxlisbon82 Wed 03-Jul-13 16:13:40

Hi floppops! Good luck, can totally understand poas early, it's so weird how some people people can get a bfp pretty early after implantation and some have to wait a good week or so after af is due- makes for a pretty big window of hope and a lot of weeing!

Major congrats hotcross, getting July off to a cracking start!

blackbirdatglanmore Wed 03-Jul-13 17:02:22

Yes, hotcross is definitely a good sign! grin

I think this is a great time of year to TTC as it means we will hopefully have our babies in spring, not be heavily pregnant in hot (ha!) weather and also, morning feeds will be nicer as the mornings get lighter. My friend has three children - March, April and May - and says it's a really good time to have them.

floppops Wed 03-Jul-13 19:06:13

That's a nice thought blackbird about the lighter spring mornings. DD1 was a January baby-not ideal-freezing walks in the park and generally quite gloomy weather.
Fingers crossed for everyone for Spring babies!

shellmck Wed 03-Jul-13 19:17:38

I'l join, first time of DTD since MMC in April so fingers crossed. Good luck to all.

MrsHende Wed 03-Jul-13 20:03:12

That's brilliant hot cross! What a great start to the thread!

MrsHende Thu 04-Jul-13 19:40:22

I'm on CD7 today so, if I'm going to give the smep a go then it's action stations tomorrow!! Just a pity that we're going to my DM's for the weekend...

I love the token idea for the DPs!

lj123 Fri 05-Jul-13 00:08:29

I will join smile xx

blueskies19 Fri 05-Jul-13 00:47:29

I'll join too - AF due tomorrow and have all the usual PMT signs so not looking hopeful for this month for me - am fed up as this is the 12th month have been trying

good luck to all

argylesocks Sat 06-Jul-13 17:11:52

Just a friendly bump to keep things going. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage TeaandNatter. I'm sure it won't be long before you have a sticky one. Is this your first?

So shall we take a roll call for lucky July?

Tea1Sugar Sat 06-Jul-13 17:27:20

Please can I join? smile ttc no 2 cycle 1. Have dtd 5 times including day before and day of fixed smiley. Also using pre-seed but not hopeful as its first month off pill. Good luck all!!

ThedementedPenguin Sat 06-Jul-13 17:27:23

I'm joining smile

Congrats hotcross get start to the thread.

So I'm TTC number 2, month one.

Finished pill in June and got AF on 29th. So I'm due again 27th ish. But I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not sure what all the lingo is but I'm sure ill pick it up.

Luxlisbon82 Sat 06-Jul-13 17:42:26

Hi New people! Teaonesugar I'm in a similar position to you, first month off pill, ttc #3 just finished a stretch of dtd five days in a row- phew! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now