The BESH plumbing is blocked up. Where's a man with a big tool when you need one?

(1000 Posts)
FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 23-Jun-13 15:57:50

Welcome to the BESH plumbing thread, where we have blocked pipes, dirty u-bends and leaks aplenty.

Newbies are welcome to seek out the BESHtionnaire submit highly inflated quotes for consideration. Instadiffers will be massively overcharged and sent packing.

<sucks air through teeth> Hmmm, this job is gonna cost a bit wink

CaptainMoll Sun 14-Jul-13 23:19:39

Bugs - pre-mooncup, I preferred lillets to tampax. They are softer and expand widthways not length-ways. Less pointless packaging too. I also never got with that squeamish tampax applicator faff. Foofs are cleaner than mouths etc.

OhBuggerMe Sun 14-Jul-13 23:21:44

I've just looked online and apparently Tampax pearl or Lilets are best as they expand width way not length ways.

I've covered myself in sudacream <double chatty>

OhBuggerMe Sun 14-Jul-13 23:23:30

Cross post Moll. I'm not sure I trust a Mooncup tbh. My first couple of days are so heavy & clotty....do u not just end up covered?

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 15-Jul-13 00:10:41

I've found the mooncup better for not getting messy. You only touch the outside and the mess is contained, whereas with a tampon even the string can get bloody. I'm an enthusiastic convert to mooncups.

CaptainMoll Mon 15-Jul-13 00:42:49

My mooncup's never leaked, but my menses can be a bit 'stringy' (tmi) so I do have to be ready with the loo roll when I take it out. It did take a bit of getting used to - the first cycle with it was kind of interesting, but I've found it's way more reliable and comfortable than anything else.

If you do go for one, you can always combine with panty liners on the first go to put your mind at rest until you're used to it. Belt and braces. grin

evilgiraffe Mon 15-Jul-13 08:10:46

I like my mooncup, too - it's pretty tidy, holds more than tampons, and is so cheap! I do have loo roll for removal, though, for stray stringy bits.

Agree with Twink re bloody string, too - that's why I always used applicator tampons. I'm not squeamish, but I do like to keep my hands clean, especially in a public loo. The mooncup makes that easier by rarely needing emptying, too - I'm safe all day, usually.

FriendofDorothy Mon 15-Jul-13 08:35:44

I am a mooncup fan too, and also do the loo roll for stringy bits thing too.

I guess it is like most things in that once you get used to it then it seems perfectly normal. Until then it is fairly grim.

KeepTheFaithBaby Mon 15-Jul-13 09:02:45

Also have heavy ish droids to start and found moon cup less leaky than tampons. I always combine with a pant liner. Saves a fricking fortune and I found my cramps weren't as bad.

OhBuggerMe Mon 15-Jul-13 09:10:48

<is convinced>

OhBuggerMe Mon 15-Jul-13 13:40:49

<tumbleweed>

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 15-Jul-13 14:34:14

Everyone has passed out from the heat bugs. It's knackering me out. Time for a nap before my night shift later.

Bearfacedchic Mon 15-Jul-13 16:48:49

Hellooooo. Congratulations Merkin! grin grin grin How long have you been trying?

We've been away for t'weekend watching men and a few amazing women run around in the heat getting all sweaty for my pleasure. Actually they were trying to break world records and stuff, so they weren't doing it for me, but I like to think that because I paid. <swoon>

This weekend I had to endure instadiffer friend's tale of how quickly she got diffed too despite smoking, drinking and being overweight plus doing reccy drugs in the past hmm Then had another instadiffer friend tell me all about her babies . . . for an hour or so. Then to cap off a spiffing weekend bro and SIL arrive with their baby and spend all their time cooing over her and talking about her thought I'd got out of that one but they just 'appeared' All of these people know our situation too. hmm Still, GS and I had fun doing other stuff.

I tried the Mooncup, but I just couldn't seem to get it in properly. I know I was doing something wrong, but not sure what. I really wanted it to work too as I hate tampons and feel they make droid really painful. I can actually feel my womble (?) contract when I take them out. I know I have strong muscles in there as the nurse doing my last smear announced 'Ooo, someone's a lucky boy' hmm. Quite. But I'd like to minimise pain really. Moll, I get clottiness. More clottimess since TTC actually. Never had a plop in the loo (grin) but have had clots fall down the loo. I just didn't hear them. Like Twink, I get really light droid and then a literal ERTD about a day or two in. Sorry, not that helpful, just sharing. <chatty?>

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 15-Jul-13 17:38:38

Clotty periods - check
Moon cup - no check
Belts and braces - check
Painful periods with tampons - no check
Final scan before EC - check
Very scared about all that - double check
Knackered - check
Sympathy from the nurse for my overly full left ovary - check

RaspberrySnowCone Mon 15-Jul-13 18:11:14

How does every clean their mooncup? <curious> mine said to boil in a pan but I don't have an old one. MATV freaked when I boiled it before I ever used it so not sure if he'd cope with me doing it between droids. He's such a pussy smile

Bearfacedchic Mon 15-Jul-13 18:21:32

What a checklist Drizz! Good luck with the EC. <squeezes hand slyly>

evilgiraffe Mon 15-Jul-13 18:40:17

I wash it with fairy liquid and then boil it, rasp. Do people have dedicated saucepans?! It never even crossed my mind (or HOTB's). Boiling water sterilises (as near as makes no difference) the saucepan as well as the mooncup, after all...

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 15-Jul-13 18:50:55

I give mine a good clean under the hot tap and a wipe with tissue then sterilise in any old pan. Once cleaned out it's not gross, HWCA boiled it up for me last time.

RaspberrySnowCone Mon 15-Jul-13 21:30:47

Ahh I suppose it does sterilise. I might give it another go next droid. Unless I get an ironi diff. Hahahahaha. Even I don't believe that. :/

RaspberrySnowCone Tue 16-Jul-13 06:45:07

Lot of tumble weed round these parts. Off for another appointment today, not looking forward to a two hr drive in a hot car! Booooo

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 16-Jul-13 07:06:20

What's the appointment Rasp?

OhBuggerMe Tue 16-Jul-13 07:41:30

I've been entertaining myself on.the legs in air thread with that poster who seems to think having unprotected sex with a man she doesn't know or like is perfectly normal behaviour because she wants a baby!!!

Good luck with the appt rasp. Get the windows down and crank up the tunes.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 16-Jul-13 07:46:33

That woman is bonkers Bugs. How she can't see that what she is doing is downright irresponsible is beyond me. What if said bloke has a genetic disorder/family history of disease? Shocking.

FriendofDorothy Tue 16-Jul-13 08:36:07

During my cycle I just rinse my mooncup out under a tap but at the end of my cycle I shove it in an old mug with a sterilising tablet.

OhBuggerMe Tue 16-Jul-13 12:34:28

I am now the proud owner (and wearer) of a mooncup.

The stem bit is quite long though and I can feel it....I need to trim it I think.

evilgiraffe Tue 16-Jul-13 13:14:20

Definitely trim it - mine is about 0.5cm long now, just enough to grab with fingernails if need be.

This thread is not accepting new messages.