The BESH plumbing is blocked up. Where's a man with a big tool when you need one?

(1000 Posts)
FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 23-Jun-13 15:57:50

Welcome to the BESH plumbing thread, where we have blocked pipes, dirty u-bends and leaks aplenty.

Newbies are welcome to seek out the BESHtionnaire submit highly inflated quotes for consideration. Instadiffers will be massively overcharged and sent packing.

<sucks air through teeth> Hmmm, this job is gonna cost a bit wink

Northey Sun 23-Jun-13 18:02:47

I'm glad you laughed. I am quite proud of it. Like some kind of chivalric ordeal. AMNH didn't seem to want to hear by the fifth repetition.

evilgiraffe Sun 23-Jun-13 18:04:04

Oh god yes, rasp, it's something that happens to other people. Distanced from it is exactly right.

Hest, the first allergy consultant gave me an epipen, and then the check-up one six months later who said it was a one off said to keep that one until it was out of date and then not worry. It went out of date in January, but I've still got it because I'm scared...

eurozammo Sun 23-Jun-13 18:14:02

norf this was the opposite! I had a very sudden urge and had to run. <chatty> I assume it's a reaction to the drucks. I once had a lump removed from down there though and the first time I went afterwards, I could feel the stitches ripping. <boak> I have never been the same since.

Bloody hell at the bracing!

Northey Sun 23-Jun-13 18:22:20

shock at stitches ripping! Good preparation for when we eventually win our baybees though <firm>

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 18:55:16

Oh lord, MATV can't attend dildo'ing tomorrow. I asked my mum if she wanted to come along for company on the drive but she's busy so my dad is going to come. My dad is accompanying me to be dildo'ed. bless him/them they so are supportive but I know he'll ask what I'm going for.....I could say bloods couldn't I? As long as he then doesn't say he'll come in to hold my hand which is likely,

FriendofDorothy Sun 23-Jun-13 18:56:07

Oh Norf the bracing description mader giggle.

Please don't mention stitches. I have never cried so much trying to pee.

JethroTull Sun 23-Jun-13 19:29:42

Brilliant Fred Frank.

grin at Norf's leg / door bracing.

Rasp I am a first time IVF win on only one decent embryo. And I know of at least one other BESH who also had a first time IVF win.

I'm also an un-identified allergy sufferer or was before the needles woman sorted me out. I still get hay fever but random attacks of itchy face & the shits have gone <chatty>.

Zammo how are you feeling now about EC? Did you hear from the clinic again? Good luck, I'll be doing the mantra on your behalf over the next few days.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 23-Jun-13 19:37:19

Evening BESH, thanks for the chuckles @ bracing for poo. I've had a bit of a wobble this evening and a lot few tears on HWHNN. I guess I'm bracing myself for the worst at the end of this week. I've looked at my menkulling and the only thoughts that come to mind are "you've had this before and you still weren't pregnant".

It's probably self-preservation, but god I hate the fact that any possible hope and excitement has been thoroughly drained from me sad

Northey Sun 23-Jun-13 19:42:10

Has HWHNN gone again now? It is a shitty time to have to do the separateness thing sad <proffers sturgeon of sympathy>

eurozammo Sun 23-Jun-13 19:43:12

No, the clinic didn't call and frankly I can't be arsed to chase. I feel strangely detached from the whole process. I guess they will tell me what the eggs and sperm were like when they call tomorrow to say if there has been fertilisation.

jeff how are you doing?

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 23-Jun-13 19:48:24

No he's still here Norf, he's working from home tomorrow so will go back early Tuesday morning. He is, as ever, a rock and knows to say the right sort of thing, tempered with realism. I thought I was doing ok, I haven't really cried about it all since my counselling session back in March.

I feel pretty ok now, but still taken aback by how quickly that crept up on me.

Clinics are a bit crap at weekends. I forgot to call mine for my progesterone results on Friday and having left a message yesterday morning, still haven't heard back even though I know someone is there all day Saturday and they check messages on Sunday mornings. I guess my results are not a priority though.

HesterShaw Sun 23-Jun-13 19:49:44

Frank I'm finding the only way I'm dealing with it is to not think of it at all, and when it does sneak into my head, to say to myself firmly "don't be ridiculous: you don't ever get pregnant." Defeatist and negative maybe but frankelly my dear, I don't give a damn. The bit I'm dreading most is the post progesterone hormone crash sad. Last time I cried for two solid hours at a wedding. It was hell.

Oh yes, and the best bit? You know the couple who got married? She's diffed. She was even diffed at the wedding.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 23-Jun-13 19:56:24

<snuggles up with Hest in The Pit>

JethroTull Sun 23-Jun-13 20:01:42

I'm good Euro thanks for asking. 25 weeks tomorrow.

I think in my post IVF 2ww I was hopeful but realistic. I definitely stuck my head in the sand for the first week. Was the easiest way to deal with it.

I'm so conscious that I could sound like a smug differ so I'll resume the lurking position now.

<leaves bucket of fish, gin & cake>

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 23-Jun-13 20:23:55

<marks spot by shoving plunger down the bog>

Jeepers you lot talk a lot!

I too have IBS that responded well to a gluten free diet. The long term codiene habit I had wreaked havoc with my delicate system but I'm proud to say I've not taken it in 9 weeks!

Frank I'm still rooting for you, waving &#127884; and will have &#127881; if there's a BFP! It can happen.

I think it was rasp who wondered earlier if it was worth it? I know our journey wasn't as long as some and we didn't have to have assisted conception but from my experience winning a baybee has been worth it all in the end.

HesterShaw Sun 23-Jun-13 20:38:32

Pom pom fail by the looks of it

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 21:00:46

Yea t'was me wondering whether it was worth it. I'm sure if it works ill not for one second question if it was worth it but in 5 years time if it doesn't work, I think I'll be feeling like I've wasted so many years of life trying to achieve something that was never actually achievable. Perhaps some of us just aren't meant to procreate. That'd be me. One of those people :/

Hi Jeff! Glad you're doing well. It's good to know someone was successful, it does just feel like all I read is the sad stories. My mum keeps saying 'keep positive'. It really does make me want to slap her (in a loving way obviously).

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 23-Jun-13 21:11:27

Dammit how are people doing it then?! [&#128161;]

Yes it does seem like a huge amount of time/effort/possibly cash to spend if it doesn't happen rasp. I think we all have those thoughts of Maybe I'm not meant to be a parent and those thoughts came back to haunt me in my most despairing, sleep deprived moments if I'm honest. You try to stay positive while TTC but its easier said than done I know! One of the things I find most encouraging is seeing the PESH 'not-list'. So many ESH who had trouble conceiving with their baybees now....

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 23-Jun-13 21:11:49

Nope. Still emotions fail sad

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 23-Jun-13 21:13:14

😇 aha!

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 21:25:23

A halo!

eurozammo Sun 23-Jun-13 21:31:40

The new emoticons don't work for me (on chrome).

Jeff - you're well over the halfway hump now! smile

Northey Mon 24-Jun-13 05:59:56

Morning BESH. Have been awake for hours reading random threads, and am all sad at people's child-related names. Not the mummytotyler sort, but things referring to nursery rhymes or children's books and stuff. Just a reminder of this completely closed world to me <self-pitying sniff>

euro, how are you feeling this morning?

RaspberrySnowCone Mon 24-Jun-13 07:11:14

I do that sometimes but then it puts me in a mood for the rest of the day. Not looking forward to this week hags. It's going to be a long one!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 24-Jun-13 08:13:30

Have you got hold of the clinic yet Rasp?

Norf are you naturally an early riser or is it life and all its complexities waking you so early?

This thread is not accepting new messages.