Looking for some support along this everlasting road of ttc? Let the brookers take control....

(996 Posts)
BlindKitty Sat 22-Jun-13 20:37:32

Hey brookers!!! Like what I've done with the place???? Come on in and get ready for some serious brooking action!!!!! grin

Solars Mon 24-Jun-13 10:26:37

I think quality shouldn't be as big an issue for a young 'un like you. Worry not and remember it only takes one anyway, you're doing really well x

Thanks Solars. You're the dogs danglies x

BeedlesPineNeedles Mon 24-Jun-13 11:20:32

wow maybe 40 follicles - take care of yourself. When are you expecting EC to be?

<does a very gentle grow follicle grow dance>

musicalmrs Mon 24-Jun-13 11:37:10

Maybe - 40?! Wow! <joins Beedle in a gentle dance> The quality will be absolutely fine. What's the scan in two days time for -to see how they're developing/growing? (not quite sure of all the right lingo!).

Solars, there's some very pretty countryside and villages around Essex smile Maybe, maybe we should meet up at some point if you fancy it? Obviously I know you're be very busy very soon, what with both a new job and being updiffed!

Rubber, I know, it's ridiculous! I keep getting AF like symptoms, then they disappear.

Keep, unlikely to be anything else I shouldn't think. I keep mentalling that I might have updiffed symptoms, but at the same time they come and go, and are just like AF symptoms, so I suspect that's the case (it's highly highly unlikely that I'm updiffed - struggling last time, on the pill, BFing etc!).

Technically I'd be on CD 689 hmm.

Thanks Beedle trying to look after myself! Realising I he to take it easy as I'm shattered! They have it pencilled in for next Wednesday at the moment, so a good while yet. How are you doing?

Musical I will have a scan every they day from now to check the number and size of follies as well as my Wimbledon lining. And bloods to check my hormone levels. We should deffo meet up! And yore right, Essex has beautiful countryside. 2 minutes and you can be in he middle of nowhere!

keepitgoing Mon 24-Jun-13 11:48:04

Wimbledon lining.. smile make sure you drink lots, and lots of protein. Next Wed sounds a long way off, but I suppose you're on a low dose. Are they monitoring your oestrogen? When do you start the other drug to stop ovulation, or are you on that?

musical that's a long time since you had af? You want her back? Are you planning another dc? Any thoughts when?

musicalmrs Mon 24-Jun-13 11:52:24

I will be rejoining this thread as a proper TTC brooker at some point I hope keep - potentially nearer the end of this year. Can't leave too long between DCs due to a deteriorating back condition that'll make it more difficult to carry them as I get older. As my AF took ages to stablise last time I came off of the pill, I was hoping to get it back ASAP (my daughter's now 13 months old), and then giving it a few months to try and normalise itself before ttc. It seems it has other ideas though!

Am still bfing her 3, sometimes 4 times a day which is probably what's keeping it away, so working on reducing those and seeing what happens. But yes, I want her back - so am more than willing for anyone who wants to keep her away to send her in my direction! grin

grin Keep tennis fever is over taking me fan but I can't stand watching tennis I think they are measuring my oestrogen levels. I'm drinking loads, I have a constant thirst. In struggling with the protein, my appetite has disappeared. But I'm trying. She said my follie sizes were what they wanted them to be and that my tennis lining was better than they had hoped for.

Musical what a mammoth cycle!! Am I right in assuming AF will come back once bf stops?

keepitgoing Mon 24-Jun-13 12:02:11

Remind me of how long it took you for ttc no 1 musical? Great that you'll be the first second-time brooker. Or maybe rubber.

musicalmrs Mon 24-Jun-13 12:13:55

Hurrah for good follie sizes Maybe smile Yes, just a bit of a mammoth cycle! I'm not sure re breastfeeding. AF can return at any time. Now Iz is quite old, I'm not feeding that often and leaving long gaps, so AF should be coming back. Some women have to cut out BF at all to get it back though, and that might be me sad

Keep, not really sure how long - quite a few months, so by no means a long time in comparison to much more deserving brookers. I got my BFP the first month I was a brooker due to the power of rat smacking. I think Rubber might be the first one back brooking properly - although I'd like to soon, I think I've managed to convince DH that the end of the year will be a sensible time!

wow maybe that's great!
musical are you sure u shouldn't poas, you know just incase wink

It won't be me, I've just signed up to go back to college for a year. After the ms I had with dd there is no way I can risk getting pregnant before my course finishes.

AF returned for me while I was still ebf so it really varies from person to person

Thanks Cartoon!

Just had a call from the clinic, I can p my dose! So my hormones are behaving themselves! Hurrah! I was worried I'd have all these follies cos my hormones were crazy!

TMI alert. Brookers that have had treatment, did your DHs/DPs become rather, shall we say, amorous? blush grin

keepitgoing Mon 24-Jun-13 15:52:06

Errrr, no more than usual.... Do tell, is it your masses of follies giving out Take Me Now signals..? smile

Solars Mon 24-Jun-13 15:55:50

Mine didn't sad You must be giving out come hither signals grin

It's ridiculous! He's behaving like a teenager shock

SweetieTime Mon 24-Jun-13 19:23:30

Makes Place. Lovely to see new Brookers joining the fold.

grin at come hither signals. Maybe my DH never got amorous during IVF. My tummy got quite sore with all the jabbing. You go for it girl it is good for the spirit at least.

<gulp> 40 follies Maybe you and Cups both have very high numbers. Make sure they keep a good eye on you during stemming.

Been scanned today, they could only carry out measurements on 1 twin as the other didn't get in the correct position after 50 minutes of scanning. So I am very relieved we had the private one. Next scan is 20 week Anomaly scan and then every 4 weeks after that to check growth.

How exciting Sweetie will you find out the sex?

My tummy is also sore, so I'm doing my best to keep to keep him at bay and failing plus, the fact that I know there's going to be a fanny cam up there every other day is making me worry about the deposits <Vom>

SweetieTime Mon 24-Jun-13 20:10:21

Maybe yes I think we are if possible as we have so much to prepare and buy. You just keep beating him off until you feel more in the mood.

How exciting Sweetie grin

ScarlettInSpace Mon 24-Jun-13 20:41:33

Just a quickie to squeeze maybe very gently - 40 wow you go girl!

Big brooking hugs all round and for the newbies [ps well done kitty on a newbie-attracting thread, I think we've got a bit insular lately so new blood is good lol] I've been TTC for 2 yrs 4 months now, 2 abandoned IVF attempts [crap ovaries, shit eggs despite only being mid thirties pfft] and 1 failed IUI to date, just taking a break and concentrating on healthy living and upping fitness/lowering weight for the next couple of months before embarking on remaining NHS funded IUIs - in an effort to minimise mentalling I'm very occasional with my postings here at the mo but I'm always brooking for you all, Rat Smacketeers are one for all and all for one [pmsl that my autocorrect still has smackateer in it, I bet it's been a year since we used that term!!!]

Oh, in the meantime I'm being a mum to my jugdog who is half dog half baby grin he loves it trust me grin

And I don't think I've administered squeezes & wine to geek & beedle yet, shit one ladies xx

Ps I'm 20 mins from Brum, just sayin...

Withalittlesparkle Mon 24-Jun-13 20:43:59

Scarlett how did we not know you're only 20 mins from brum? Totally demand that you now pm me and tell me where you are (you may have already told me)

Munxx Mon 24-Jun-13 20:44:34

Exciting times!!

Brooking for all. Welcome newbies! I'm Munx have DD (18 months TTC, fertility investigations after being told I didn't ovulate, 1 mc ) and my gorgeous miracle DS (again being told I wasn't ovulating and another mc). No more DC for me but I love to hear the brooker's news and am crossing everything for many BFPs!

BlindKitty Mon 24-Jun-13 20:52:48

solars, maybe and keep thanks for advice. Think I'll get a quote.

maybe glad scan went ok

Buddhagirl Mon 24-Jun-13 20:56:58

Solar, it stands for cognitive behavioural therapy. Skills and techniques for managing emotions.

Keepitgoing, we have to wait for dh to start his new job, plus we are waiting for the bank to give us our first mortgage. Come on Halifax!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now