Looking for some support along this everlasting road of ttc? Let the brookers take control....

(996 Posts)
BlindKitty Sat 22-Jun-13 20:37:32

Hey brookers!!! Like what I've done with the place???? Come on in and get ready for some serious brooking action!!!!! grin

Buddhagirl Sun 23-Jun-13 10:25:35

Sausage, bacon fat is gross

Buddha hello grin. I've always wanted babies too. I'm also 28. It's a great age wink

Boo I have so many eggs. I'll rustle you some up

BlindKitty Sun 23-Jun-13 11:20:01

writer sure do! She's all curled up with me now! She actuly manages ok though despite being blind. She's only allowed out in the back garden though (she can't jump over the fence) as she might get run over if we let her out the front. As you can imagine, she's our baby as well smile

solars very excited for you xxx

welcome buddha precious and writer.
glad k is all better boo
solars I hope your scan is soon can't wait for you to see your little Brooking bean!
im trying to pack for Ibiza atm we're going on Thursday for a week. I have sooooo much stuff, I can't cut it down but I'm sure ill never wear it all!
oh sausage and egg for me but I really want a runny yoke.

BlindKitty Sun 23-Jun-13 13:19:13

cartoon where abouts are you going in Ibiza? I take it you won't be 'havin it large' this time?!

Munxx Sun 23-Jun-13 13:50:33

Marking place!

nope kitty only mocktails for me. we're going to Santa eulalia so a quiet bit anyway.

BlindKitty Sun 23-Jun-13 15:03:53

Ah takes me back to my younger days...

BlindKitty Sun 23-Jun-13 18:02:57

Question girlies ...

Which of you have had your amh tested? If you did, did you get it on the nhs?

Writerwannabe83 Sun 23-Jun-13 18:30:36

What is AMH??

I dd Kitty our clinic tests it as protocol. I know a lot of trusts don't though. We ate very lucky here in Essex, there is a lot of fertility funding.

Writer it's a blood test to check for ovarian reserve. There's a lot of debate over whether it's worth it. It is meant to check for egg quantity and says nothing of quality. Plus lots of people Smegs have low results and still get preggersvv

musicalmrs Sun 23-Jun-13 19:57:55

<marks place> Love the new Fred. Welcome to all the new Brookers! You're all so updiffed already that you're glowing :-)

Following on from the meet up discussion in the last fred, I'd forgotten you're in Essex Maybe! May have to stalk you to remember where...

I'm still in the market for AF, so I'll happily take someone else's in return for their updiffedness..

musicalmrs Sun 23-Jun-13 19:58:00

<marks place> Love the new Fred. Welcome to all the new Brookers! You're all so updiffed already that you're glowing :-)

Following on from the meet up discussion in the last fred, I'd forgotten you're in Essex Maybe! May have to stalk you to remember where...

I'm still in the market for AF, so I'll happily take someone else's in return for their updiffedness..

musicalmrs Sun 23-Jun-13 19:58:44

Sorry - apparently my phone thought that last post was so good it should send it twice sad

I've had mine back twice now musical and you still haven't had yours?

BlindKitty Sun 23-Jun-13 21:37:28

maybe the reason I want it is to help me make a decision to privately fund an ivf cycle as opposed to the iui currently being offered by the nhs.

Solars Sun 23-Jun-13 22:08:40

Welcome Budha I bet you can't wait for the next 2 months then to get started. By the way what does CBT stand for? I've wanted kids forever too but only met DH late in life.

Have fun in Ibiza Face I'm the same, take too many clothes on hols and don't wear half of them. Whilst DH can usually pack all the stuff he needs in just a carry on hmm

Kitty I asked my gp whether she'd do my amh but she said our pct wouldn't fund it. I had it done at our private clinic. It's worth asking the question of your gp but it still doesn't tell the full story I think. You could go for a private consultation and see what they have to say before having to commit to a privately funded ivf cycle.

Musical, Maybe the BBQ we went to yesterday was in Essex! We took the scenic route to Chelmsford and drove through some very pretty villages.

Maybe brooking for you tmrw <grow follies, grow>

I live in Chelmsford!! You should've popped in grin. Not too far from you Musical!

Kitty I agree with Solars, it won't give you the full picture. There are too many 'ifs' and 'buts' with conception. Remind me how old you are again?

Thanks for the brooking Solars x

Withalittlesparkle Mon 24-Jun-13 02:27:19

Wowee already 43 posts in to a new thread and there's three newbies already, now if only we could get those BFPs rolling!!!!

If you're all still cooking could you burn some of the food? I'll stand next to it and together we could smoke my brooking baby out!!!

And arf at maybe being a bit of a sausage girl wink

keepitgoing Mon 24-Jun-13 03:49:20

Hi all - thanks for the new thread kitty!

Hi writer welcome to the thread, and congratulations on your as yet unconfirmed updiffedness. It's just a question of finding the right pee stick to agree with you now it can take a while

buddha why are you not trying now? <nosy>

kitty I had my amh done out here - not nhs as you know. It was quite expensive, maybe £200, but I don't know if it'd be cheaper in the uk. that's a draop in the ocean compared to private ivf How long do you think you'll have to wait until you're entitled to your nhs round(s)?

Hi precious I'm sorry it's taking you so long to get your bfp. And so sorry about your mc. Are you on clomid because you don't ovulate? I had it one month, when I was supposed to have iui, but it didn't agree with me and the cycle had to be cancelled. It works well for those with anovulation though I think.

Newbies I have recently got my bfp, after one round of IVF, and am currently 17 weeks. I stay around to cheer everyone on, and because I love these guys.

musical, no AF??? Could there be another reason for that....?

Morning all.

wink Sparks

Back from scan. 40 follies now. A few are over 10mm already. Have a top grade lining as well, already over 7mm. Jut need to wait for blood results to see if I need to change dose. Thanks for the brooking ladies!

Solars Mon 24-Jun-13 09:41:07

40!!!!!! <faints> Octomum Maybe that's amazing!!

I just worry that cos I have so many of them that they won't be able to stimulate them properly iyswim?

Solars Mon 24-Jun-13 09:46:49

But you're on quite a low dose so hopefully should be ok. Is next scan in 2 days time?

Yes, next scan is Wednesday morning. And I'm worried they won't be good quality if there's loads of them. Though I'm probably being totally unreasonable and worrying about nothing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now