TTC #2 and turning into a nut job! Part 2!

(999 Posts)
BartBaby Wed 19-Jun-13 08:00:54

Still ttc. Still nutty. Come join us smile

BartBaby Thu 20-Jun-13 23:03:37

Ive read that it really needs to be a certain thickness for the egg to be able to implant. Ideally between 8-12mm. And anything less than that can make it harder to conceive. I would have thought a short period would indicate a thinner lining.

I doubt the doctors would check it yet or do anything about yet as i havent been trying long but its frustrating to think this could be a problem...

fedupofrainydays Fri 21-Jun-13 06:35:42

I also was worried about this. I had an erpc earlier this year and my periods afterwards were so light but painful and short. I was worried there was not enough lining as it was trying to shed something that didnt exist. Was then worried there was nothing for the egg to implant in. I did read loads on this and doctors don't worry about it as periods are all different. But - you can have a scan to assess thickness if you are worried. My solution was to take more iron and red meat i the hope it would somehow boost supply! Mine are back to being heavier and less painful now - but think it has taken a few months after erpc to do that. The fear of ashermans syndrome was the worst.... But I am less paranoid about that now as its less painful (was doubled up in pain, sick etc) so of you continue to be worried, maybe have a scan?

BartBaby Fri 21-Jun-13 06:49:06

Thanks fedup i'll see how af is in a couple of weeks when it inevitably shows up. I didnt thing the docs would do anything just tet as its only been a couple of months but you never know. I can only ask!

fedupofrainydays Fri 21-Jun-13 07:15:50

Indeed. Or you could see someone privately if you continue to worry and dr won't do anything. But I do think after miscarriage these things can take time to sort themselves and depends on individual circumstances. Hopefully af won't turn up for you and then no need to think about it!!

Started our run of DTD today... Early morning prodding to start us off. No smiley yet but am thinking the mor swimmers I get up there the better!! Now walking around hoping it won't all 'fall out'. Anyone got any crazy solutions for that one as there is only so long I can do a headstand afterwards?!

fedupofrainydays Fri 21-Jun-13 07:23:13

Sorry bart just realised I was banging on about periods after mc thinking you had had one. But realised your short periods are after the coil. So pleased you haven't had the mc! Even so, I do think the body needs some time to adjust after an 'event' in there whether mc, pregnancy, coil removal, pill stopping etc, the body can need a few months to sort it's life out and readjust. Frustrating though and worrying... And doesn't help with the crazy symptom spotting!

BartBaby Fri 21-Jun-13 07:23:23

Ha ha that made me giggle fedup

I normally try and lay down and rest my legs on the wall or something like that for half an hour or so. Ive read that after about that time the ones that are any good will be well on their way by then. All that will be left to 'fall out' will be the seminal fluid and the duds! If they havent got a wriggle on after half an hour they probably wouldnt make it at all!

Ninunina Fri 21-Jun-13 07:23:24

Don't despair too much Bart. My gynecologist had once told me that light periods are much less concerning than heavy ones. Everyone is different.
Didn't man manage to dtd yesterday. I think I may have ovulated too so today is probably too late. I hope twice was enough.
Part of me doesn't want to get pregnant this month. My friend who has been trying for two and a half years finally got pregnant after her 1st attempt at IVF. She was 10 weeks pg but found out yesterday that she had a mmc at 7 weeks.
I have always felt extremely guilty that me and all my friends get pregnant very easily and now I'll feel even worse if I get pg now on our first official month of trying. I know this is a silly way of reasoning, but I feel so bad for her sad

PastaBeeandCheese Fri 21-Jun-13 07:41:26

Please can I join?

TTC #2: check
Turning into nut job: check

Cycle 2 for me and I've tried so hard not to symptom spot especially after I failed to get a positive OPK. AF due today but just don't feel like it's coming at all. Obviously got all excited about this so POAS this morning.....BFN.

Have wailed to DH that DD will be an only child all the way to the station and he's told me to cheer up and stop being so mental.

I don't want to use OPKs next month but feel I must to see if I am actually ovulating.

Fedup's post about her sister really resonated with me. 3 friends are due their second this month. I'm so happy for them but I know I am going to feel jealous too..... I'm having one friend's DS when she goes to hospital so I know I feel a bit envious when I go to collect him......

Someone slap me please. I'm a nut job and a 'jealousy poo' as I'd say to DD!

StoneBaby Fri 21-Jun-13 08:08:57

Welcome pasta we're all in the same boat here. Counting, opk, POAS, and true nutter. Feel free to rant as much as you want.

ninu sad for your friend but if she's a true friend and you explain to her how you feel it should be fine.

Nausea is still here so to be continued...

AbiBub Fri 21-Jun-13 08:42:24

Morning ladies :0)

mrscookie you made me giggle then - alibub hee hee!! tinglyish weird feeling gone for the mo, but my boobs do feel heavy today!! But this could all be a sign that AF witch is due!!

I think it's odd that a few of us have had the weird feeling in one boob!! do you think they put something in the water?!! ha ha!

babyrose that's just really annoying about the appliances being taken!! what are you going to do? oooh the hand lotion cm could be a sign, I have heard that increase cm can be a sign of pg, I hope so, as I have more of it this month!!

bartbaby oooh that other post about the coil seems an interesting one. Is there anywhere reputable on the net that you find that info? Or perhaps its worth giving your gp (telephone consultation) or even the local hospital? I am hoping that your lining is thick enough for a sticky bean!! this is the only place in the world where one woman can say that to another

hang on, have to post two, as I am sure there is another page!! im on page 2!!

AbiBub Fri 21-Jun-13 09:07:36

Yep, there was a 3rd page!!

Ninu I hope twice was enough for you too lovely, if its meant to be then it will happen. I think it's very sweet of you to feel like that because of your friend, considering how much we all want this #2 pg, to hope that you don't this month bcos of your friend is a sign of a wonderful lady smile

fedup you do make me chuckle!! headstands ahoy!! I get bored of the legs up in the air considering that happens when dtd too I would go uber light headed afterwards!! so I manage about 10 mins after dtd, although the last two time I couldn't be bothered as it was too late and I was tired, I am f the thinking that if you have got a good strong swimmer in there then they defy all odds and achieve their goal! plus, they do get shot out at about 60mph, (which is just insane to think that 60mph of anything in there is just weird!!)

welcome pasta I hope you enjoy our nutters thread!! grin that is very good of you to be looking after your friends LO when she goes in, so although you feel like a "jealousy poo" give yourself a big pat on the back!! I think that if me and my OH don't catch a sticky bean in the next few months I will get some cheapy OPK's just to make sure I am actually ov!!

Ohhhhh stone nausea, although a completely cr*p feeling, if it means pg then that would sorta be awesome!!

Talking of nausea..... I have a little this morning but that may be down to lack of breakfast!! Got back ache, but I have a 4yo that I constantly pick up after on auto pilot so it may just be that! so still no AF yet, there are a few of us waiting or delayed with BFN at the mo, I sometimes wonder whether pg tests are not quite as good as they used to be!! confused

StoneBaby Fri 21-Jun-13 09:17:18

fedup that's why I try to dtd in the evening like this I get a 12 hours lie-in. Lol at the headstand grin

Fx BFP are on their way to all the delayed AF

babyrose Fri 21-Jun-13 09:41:29

We have ordered some other appliances and will be arriving today and tom!

Fingers crossed its a good sign for us!!

Sorry I don't know about coils could you talk to your doctors about it? Sorry if I'm not much help.

fedupofrainydays Fri 21-Jun-13 11:34:37

Hi pasta welcome to the mad house!

I hope everyone's symtoms are real ones and af doesn't arrive!

I had the worse thing today -
"So... You must be thinking about # 2, right?" Took all my strength not to
a) burst into tears
b) punch them in the face
c) scream all the gory details of my last few months of mc and ttc
d) drop all my used but bfn Tests on their lap. (Although this would entail finding them from their various hiding places - can't let OH know how much money I waste!!)
Hideous - some people have no clue.

StoneBaby Fri 21-Jun-13 11:42:42

fedup I could have wrote this list (except for c) take care

Catnaps37 Fri 21-Jun-13 14:29:28

Fed up completely agree. Full list for me and I also get the, 'we'll, you're not getting any younger and will run out of time soon...!'

Really?! I never thought of that... Thanks for reminding me?!
Arrrgghhh!

On a positive note, my CBFM showed high fertility this morning...I am hopeful that I may peak this weekend?! I'm crossing everything!! (Well not my legs obviously :p)

PastaBeeandCheese Fri 21-Jun-13 16:08:34

Fedup.... I am so sorry about your mcs. That must be so hard to deal with.

Good luck Catnaps.

AF has just arrived. Thank god I'm at work so I have a good distraction and can't think about it too much. It's early days for me really but I can't stop worrying about failing to get a positive OPK last month....

I'm focussing on having a nice night out with DH tomorrow to cheer me up as we have rare babysitter.

fedupofrainydays Fri 21-Jun-13 20:55:28

catnap - that is another special I agree. Some people just don't think. The one that annoyed me the most though is after miscarriage "well something's are just meant to be" WTF. Good luck with the uncrossed leg action, it's going to be me too this weekend.

pasta sorry af rocked up. But def make the most of the rare date night. I am overdue one with DH. And don't talk about baby making if you can help it! Xx

VikingLady Fri 21-Jun-13 21:06:03

Re trying to keep it in - I used a mooncup last time around. And pg in 3m, though that is almost certainly coincidence....

BFN today again, though af was due yesterday and no sign yet. Does anyone know how far B6 can "stretch" a cycle?

fedupofrainydays Fri 21-Jun-13 22:23:34

Moon cups gross me out. But like your thinking for catching the swimmers in them rather than af. I think say that's what helped the first time round.....
Oddly I wondered if a tampon would work... But then wouldn't that just absorb them all?!
Sorry - cant help on the b6 front - not tried it / don't know what it does but fx there is a bfp for you there

Coolhand Fri 21-Jun-13 22:44:30

So much going on here since last on, it's hard to keep up!

Bart are you taking vitamin B6? I know if you have a short luteal phase they recommend it (which would also imply a thinner lining). That might help but as others say, consult with GP if unsure.

I'm loving the 'keep it in' solutions - no headstands here - think I need to up my game!

Pasta sorry to hear AF here - it's always such a downer.

Fedup totally agree with you on insensitive people! Also v glad to know I am not the only one who guiltily hides pregnancy tests from dh because I don't want him to know just how nutty I am.

Hope there is plenty of action this week for those hitting crucial dates and still holding out for a bfp from someone! I began to feel bloated/sore boobs etc today but I'm pretty sure that's AF on the way in the next few days. Not testing in the interim.

PastaBeeandCheese Sat 22-Jun-13 06:57:29

It's the gusset gazing I can't stand. I currently analyse everything as a 'sign'. I get a few days off a month before the search for EWCM begins, followed by weeks of convincing myself I'm getting implantation symptoms and analysing every 'secretion'.

Just realised what a boaky word secretion is. <resolves never to say secretion again>

dildoos Sat 22-Jun-13 07:02:17

Pasta what hmmm fluid should we have after implantation?

PastaBeeandCheese Sat 22-Jun-13 07:56:58

Lord knows dildoos. I don't think there's an answer. Whatever is coming out of me I can find a google hit to say it's a sign of pregnancy. It's all a symptom of nut-job-itis for me / too much googling.

For example.... I tested negative yesterday and my AF has started.... Just brown spotting. If I cross reference articles on unreliability of pregnancy tests with articles on women experiencing spotting when their period is due I come up with an answer that allows me to extend my phantom pregnancy by another day <sighs>

I am going to resolve to chill out from today. I have a boat trip and picnic with DD and DH followed by a night out at a gorgeous restaurant with DH. I am going to spend the whole day being grateful they are both so lovely and trying not to obsess.

StoneBaby Sat 22-Jun-13 08:57:23

I'm getting slight cramping on my lower tommy so suspect af is on its way. Or can it be pg symptoms? I'll be buying a FRER today as I don't like the answer CB is giving me

And yes at the tests hidding. I do that with ov and pg tests <I'm a complete nutter grin >

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now