Did anyone test -ve with a very early test then go on to be +ve?

(52 Posts)
sleepcrisis Tue 18-Jun-13 20:56:48

Just clinging on to some hope I guess!

Tested with a FR early test today, period not due til Sat/sun. So really pushing my luck! (apparantly 75% accuracy or something)

Still convinced I am pregnant so would like to hear some success stories!

IcouldstillbeJoseph Tue 18-Jun-13 21:04:47

Yep, tested 2 days early and -ve, then when AF due had such period pain I used a tampon (TMI) in anticipation but it never arrived. Did another test next day and +ve. DD2 lies here snoring next to me.
Fingers crossed for you

sleepcrisis Tue 18-Jun-13 21:43:06

Oohh keep them coming.

That story reminds me of when I was pregnant with DS. He was an accident. I had waaay too much to drink and went to bed with my prescription painkillers as I was anticipating a bad night with period pain.

I was pregnant!

I tested one Friday morning the day before my period was due and it was negative. That same afternoon, looking for an excuse to get out of doing the dreaded 30 day shred exercise DVD that I'd been doing every day I tested again and got a very faint positive and ripped my sports bra off in glee.

NutcrackerFairy Tue 18-Jun-13 23:06:27

I tested negative on two cheapie Poundland tests this morning... but just feel pregnant.

Think AF is due sometime around now, not sure when exactly as hadn't kept note of last one.

Had cramping pain on the weekend, like period pain but period never arrived.

Had exactly the same with DS1, period like pain [implantation?] never followed by AF, tested 2 weeks later and got BFP result.

Fingers crossed this is the same...

NutcrackerFairy Tue 18-Jun-13 23:07:33

Oh and good luck sleepcrisis...

Hope yours is really a BFP too!

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Tue 18-Jun-13 23:15:03

.Yes. She's 2 weeks old now :-)

happydazed Wed 19-Jun-13 00:24:21

Yes, I got about 3 negatives started testing 2 days before AF, then about 3 positives on my last pregnancy!

I am currently 5 days late but got a negative this morning. No symptoms but then no Af signs either. Fingers crossed for us all.

HerrenaHarridan Wed 19-Jun-13 00:37:09

I tested negative consistently, no matter the expense of the test until I was 10 (12) weeks

She's 16 mo now smile

Good luck

sleepcrisis Wed 19-Jun-13 06:51:31

This is all getting me a bit excited again! The main reason I am so convinced is that usually period pain sneaks up on me and I forget my period is due until I get crippling pain suddenly. I have had a dull ache for 3 days now, totally unlike my normal symptoms. I'm sure I was like this last time but don't really remember as he was a surprise and so I wasn't symptom spotting!
I also have bleeding gums (had all through last pg) and am totally totally shattered!

HerrenaHarridan Thu 20-Jun-13 14:49:18

sleepcrisis Thu 20-Jun-13 16:44:30

Well there's a line.... A very, very faint line that I have to squint to see... But I think that's a yes, right?

munchkinmaster Thu 20-Jun-13 16:48:58

Used a first response on the Friday, nada! Drinkers all weekend and positive on the Monday.

munchkinmaster Thu 20-Jun-13 16:49:11

Chubfuddler Thu 20-Jun-13 16:50:54

Yes, but a pregnancy I went on to MC.

Pyrrah Thu 20-Jun-13 16:56:52

I was a POAS addict and discovering that you could buy 40 tests for £1 on eBay was like crack.

I was charting and so started testing 5 days after ovulation - knowing full well that there was no chance of a result but had a fivers worth of sticks and wanted to get some practice in.

12 days post-O I got a really, really faint line - the kind where you have to squint at it, check it in variously lights, show DH (who said he couldn't see anything), take pics and show to large number of similarly TTC friends and still not be sure.

Next day I went and bought a digi and got a BFP.

Period was usually due 14 days post-O, so was getting definite negatives up until the evening of day 12. I'd done one that morning and it was negative as well.

SIl then got a big bag of pregnancy tests!

Pyrrah Thu 20-Jun-13 16:58:59

A line is a line! Sounds like congrats are in order smile

sleepcrisis Thu 20-Jun-13 17:12:35

Just went out for more tests, but local pharmpcy only had own-brand sticks so I'm not even sure its worth testing again until eriod is due (the almost invisible line was a FR test)

dildoos Thu 20-Jun-13 17:55:07

Eeeeeek I am so excited by this thread and sleepcrisis news grin congrats !!!!
I am due Sunday and for past 2 days dull ache so hoping for your great news to rub off!!!

RaRaZ Thu 20-Jun-13 17:56:58

Yes :-) I was about 6wks before I got a positive

tametortie Thu 20-Jun-13 17:58:14

Marking place! Love a poas thread!! smile

sleepcrisis Thu 20-Jun-13 18:14:08

Well I tested -ve with the own brand test (just like a clear blue with the cross),... And DH can't see the faint line on the FR and is telling me I'm a nut job. So feeling a bit deflated right now...

dildoos Thu 20-Jun-13 18:19:16

Sleep crisis I had one like that with dd5 - it was eventually 1 week after missed period I got a proper line ( also had bloods hog was very low and was going to have a sweep for numerous reasons ) luckily something made my husband at time say stop are you not going to scan first and their she was wink so a faint line ( even if evaporates which is what fr seem to do! ) is a line! X

dildoos Thu 20-Jun-13 18:20:12

There not their and dd is 5 not child number 5 grin

tametortie Thu 20-Jun-13 19:16:48

I think its gonna have to be a FMU sleepcrisis.

Superdrug own tests are best ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now