The Elderberry Gluckschmerzers who sausage wang between the Sofa of Pity and the Pouffe of Possibility  (thread 11) 

(1000 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Tue 18-Jun-13 08:30:55

Come and join us elderly TTCers on the Sofa of Pity (SoP), Rug of Rage (RoR), the Pouffe of Possibility (PoP) or the Chaise Lounge of Limbo (CLoL) whilst trying to avoid the BubbleBath of Gloom(BoG)!

The smallprint - Berries have a strict entrance criteria (TTC #1, over 30, TTC for 3+months, NO instadiffers, must have a special pot) and def no mention of baby dust or baby dancing UGH !!! Ooh we are strict...please note your house may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments lol

Morning all

boom sounds like the dogs are settling down together now. So is he staying?

blind happy anniversary for yesterday. Did you do anything spesh for it other than paddling with half a mole ?

barking sorry to read you were having a low moment. I really understand that and it sucks.

What's happening this week then? Anyone got any appointments or anything fun coming up? I'm just waiting waiting waiting and trying not to think about how slow the days are passing in the 2ww.

sparechange Mon 08-Jul-13 09:33:17

Morning ladies. Hope you've all got slightly pink cheeks from a weekend of sunshine (and other red cheek-inducing activities!)
Sadly got a horrible wake up call in the middle of the night, with requisite shuffle off to the bathroom. 3 bastard days early as well. Grrrr.
Oh well, at least I don't have to feel guilty about the jug(s) of Pimms we polished off over the weekend!

Ah spare sorry she showed sad

Howdy thunder, yes it would appear that Boomdog II is staying! He's much better today, they've been out for a massive run and he's currently snoring next to the sofa. Left them both downstairs last night and no problems. On the down side, I've found out he can jump the babygates so going to have to invest in some taller ones!

Nothing particularly exciting going on at the moment. Starting on progesterone today after getting the inevitable BFN when I pimp, so should start a new cycle at the end of this week and then on the clomid (eeeeeeeeeeeeeek)

Cloudy here today. Hoping the sunshine will burn through!

PuppyMummy Mon 08-Jul-13 10:40:11

hi everyone. just wondered what u would make of this.
im ill today, woke up at 5am with bad diarrhoea (sorry tmi!) then later I hav been sick.

had a few wines yesterday but not enough to do this, had the same food for tea as OH, he is fine, its a bug isnt it??

am about 7dpo. af due next mon.
this has got to be a new barrel scraping low in symptom spotting!!

spare sorry to hear that
puppy I don't think that's a low in symptom spotting, could be a big or symptoms. At least its not something bizarre like your big toe got slightly wider overnight! FX
My OPK this morn is as negative as can be, Grrr. Like you Thunder, hating the 2ww
Glad spud is settling in, even if higher baby gates are needed!

Hello spare and welcome back. So gutted af got you after your positivity that this was your month. Damnit.

boom so lovely that he is now part of your family! And it happened so quickly too. Guess you've got a very proactive rescue centre to be able to get their dogs into proper homes so quickly? Is that where boomdog came from too?

puppy, yeah sounds like a bug I'm afraid but you never know.....

Sorry merk but that was not the arrangement- you are supposed to be providing me with interest, entertainment and hope to make the 2ww pass quicker. We're going to have to try and distract ourselves some other way....hmm.... puppy I take it back, it's a definite symptom!

wink

Thunder he's from the West Yorkshire Animals in Need charity, they're only tiny and VERY proactive. Also sorted me out a month's free insurance and offered to spay Boomdog for me for cost grin as well as bringing over a mountain of food, a dog bed, chew toys and treats! They're amazing!

Puppy it does sound like a bug...but then it could be that you got a bug because of your early-pregnancy-weakened-immune-system clutches at positivity straws

So have pimped and received my expected BFN (since we only dtd once in the last 3+ weeks due to hycosy and DH being away, not really surprising!), guess I'm good to go with the progesterone! Time for a baby Boom, this is going to WORK people maybe!

Thunder it may amuse you to know I am contemplating dipping a double dye HPT... have 40 mins to kill before I need to get up (confused body in a different time zone) and nothing fun to do!

Good luck this cycle Boom

FFS Zara Phillips is PG. I like her but would love famous people to stop getting duffed for a while, at least until I do!!

That centre sounds great boom. So often I hear of rescue charities who put people off adopting because of all the formality, hoops to jump through and costs. How refreshing!

Baby boom- love it! We need that in both senses of the phrase please.

merk you're about 5-6dpo? Hmm...
I'd like to say go for it! But that's cos I'm selfish and bored, and I know you won't mind if its a negative as its so early,.,,

Ha ha missed the Baby Boom reference... I love it too!

Double dye experiment underway. You are right Thunder, no expectations of anything so won't be disappointed!

Oh dear, have started now!! Potential second line which now requires me to dip a second double dye in water to compare!

Oh my god really merk?! Contract restored- you are back in post!

Right, have been here before. Repeat after me, early testing is the work of the devil! (Pink, wide second line on double dye, no second line on single dye or double dye dipped in water). Now have to wait til Wed and test again. Grrr.
However in the meantime I seem to have cystitis coming on, am in America and have no idea if I can get antibiotics OTC. Any ideas??

I want to be excited about whatever it is that Merk is doing but have no idea what double dye is..?

Boom I'm taking the dye strip from a test and adding it to another test so it has double the amount of dye in it before using it. Has always worked for me at getting a +ive 1 to 2 days before it would show on a normal test. However not worth getting excited yet as I have never had one stick around more than 16dpo

Ah, I see - had visions of something hippyish vaguely akin to tie-dyeing. Well I shall remain unexcited for now but with the hope of becoming excited soon. I've never heard of doing that, how very scientific of you!

Hope you find some antibiotics, no idea how their system works I'm afraid x

boom you must have missed the fact that merk is our resident professor here!

merk remind me of the first time- were you getting positives on standard tests inc digis?

From memory, first time +ive OPK at 7dpo, +ive cheapies 8dpo, +ive digi 9dpo, only faint (sp?) +ive 10 and 11dpo, negatives after then. However think FF got my O day dramatically wrong that cycle as I think I Od 3 days later (so take 3 days off all the above) based on temps, shag days and when AF finally arrived.
Second time +ive OPK and double dye 5dpo, double dye 6dpo, normal test and digi 7dpo. AF I think was late by 4 days then got a negative and af at 16dpo.
Pics on my profile if you're bored

Love the idea of tye dye tests! Will stop being all me me me now. Enjoy your afternoon, time for me to get ready for work

Ha thunder I'm out of the loop because I don't OPK or temp so <whispers so merk doesn't hear> don't thoroughly read the posts relating to them.

However I shall store that little nugget of info away for next time I'm pimping!

I have a question, perhaps Prof Merk can help...there is a miniscule chance that weekend bonkage may have resulted in updiffment which it would be too early to pimp for this week. If I start progesterone today, would it actually harm or support a pregnancy? Would it be worth pimping again before starting Clomid next week (probably about 9dps) or am I just assuming that as of today it's a clean slate?

sparechange Mon 08-Jul-13 12:33:17

merk that sounds more scientific than my brain can process on a Monday, but fingers crossed for you.

And can I also add to the Zara philips/brides/Halifax ad annoyance the Ad I'm getting on here under the 'discussion of the day' box for The Portland Hospital, complete with a rotation of images that show a newborn baby and happy couple, then 'call us today for a tour'.
GRRRR Mumsnet advertising.

merk that's amazing that you get such early results. You must be a hormone factory! Good luck with getting some antibiotics over there. They must have medical help for visitors (not sure how much it'll cost though!)

boom don't quote me on this because I know nothing about progesterone. I only know that for people who get pg whilst on the pill the progesterone doesn't harm the foetus because there's so much being made in the body anyway. Sounds like you should make a phone call to check though? Do you have to start taking it on a certain day then?

This thread is not accepting new messages.