Eggcellent Egg Buddies - a thread for those IVFing in June/July/August

(1000 Posts)
EuroShaggleton Fri 14-Jun-13 16:40:10

You don't have to be crazy to be on this thread but it helps

(Ladies, I thought I would jump in and start a non-sweary titled fred. Feel free to turn the air blue now!)

tametortie Sun 23-Jun-13 19:08:01

Fab- I think I will replace things like bread and pittas cos I can't do without them and was going to get flour so I can make pancakes for breakfast and my own cakes. And oats so that I can have porridge.

Mainly my big issue will be breakfast and lunch because my breakfast and lunch is loaded with gluten. Dinner is always protein plus veg so generally gluten free.

I have made pea and mint soup today which is gluten free so that is sorted. Think I will have mushroom and egg for breakfast tomorrow.

Sorry if I am boring you all with this- I hope you dont mind xxx

chocolocodowninacapulco Sun 23-Jun-13 19:31:18

wish great news that you are going for a 5 day transfer and, yes, it's difficult to make a decision re how many to put back but the others have given some good advice and I always felt in very safe hands with the embryologist there.

mejust huge well done for getting to this point and will be thinking of you for tomorrow.

fish good news about your levels coming down and hope it continues

euro well done on your 4 eggs but crap to have such a stressful time. Hope some of the pain has subsided now?

motor look forward to hearing the news about donor's egg collection tomorrow

tame great that you are so proactive and respect for trying the gluten free thing. Re DHEA, I decided not to take it and kind of wish I had now. My reasons were mostly vanity related as I had read about side effects, but also had read something about it possibly having a detrimental effect on fertility in a small number of cases. When I told my consultant that he pooh poohed it, but then he is also not a huge advocate of NK cell tests.

joos exciting about the temps, sure you're not symptom spotting at all! So difficult not to

Hello to expat twinks - people just don't get it if they haven't been through it, do they? One of my friends has said a couple of times 'it obviously wasn't meant to be' WTF fab flowers and anyone else I am bound to have forgotten.

AFM, we now have our name down on the egg donor list at the Lister in case this next cycle doesn't work and just waiting to get a date for the scratch in a few weeks time and then start injections at the end of July - have I mentioned that I can't wait until then?!

twinklestar2 Sun 23-Jun-13 20:09:57

Carry on tame, I love talking about food!

I'm having roast chicken, potatoes and broccoli for dinner. All organic <polishes halo>

tametortie Sun 23-Jun-13 20:20:29

I've got baked sweet potatoe, yesterdays left over roast chicken, baby sweetcorn and runner beans. None of it is organic <polishes devil horns>

Karbea Sun 23-Jun-13 20:39:42

We've got random stuff from the freezer all unhealthy for dinner tonight.
I've also drank today and yesterday not a lot but some sad
DH was very good today and only had two glasses.

D we know who is due to test and when? I'm Saturday but I think I'm going to test from Tuesday as that is when hcg could start. Although I know I won't be!

mejust Sun 23-Jun-13 20:50:22

Im freaking out ,i was quite relaxed earlier but as the clocks ticking down im really nervous and scared of ec.

wishicouldhavealargeMalibu Sun 23-Jun-13 21:07:36

I just made an amazing stew, even if I do say so myself! Carrot, onion, garlic and mushroom served with lushus mash potato. Scrumdidily!

It's gonna be ok mejust. You're gonna wake up and think, what were those loons on about? It was absolutely fine! You'll also have enough eggs for you both. You'll be surprised I bet smile

It's good to hear from you choco, thanks for your advice. I trust the embryologist too, he seems to know what he's doing x

chocolocodowninacapulco Sun 23-Jun-13 21:19:23

mejust you will be fine, honestly. Up until 2 years ago I had never had a GA and now I've had 4 and they really are ok. Hugs.

I forgot karbea nook and nokkie earlier - sorry! Great news about the scan nokkie

Lifeasafish Sun 23-Jun-13 21:25:49

* mejust* what exactly are you scared of? Tell us and we will rationalise it for you smile

eurozammo Sun 23-Jun-13 21:28:14

karbea I'll start testing out the trigger next weekend. Testing for real a few days after that. I got my BFP last time at 12 dpEC.

mejust <proffers hand> All I can say is that it is a lot better when you are out the other side. My acu lady suggested thinking about somewhere I felt happy and relaxed when I was getting wound up ("a happy place" in Friends speak). I picked our Maldives holiday last year. I told Mr euro and he put photos of that holiday on his tablet and pulled them out a few times. It's not a magic fix but it did help to calm me down a bit.

I've just had a lovely dinner of steak, asparagus and homemade rosti. smile I feel so much better (mentally) now EC is over. Physically I still feel like I have been oofed in the stomach quite brutally.

mejust Sun 23-Jun-13 21:31:46

The lot really the bloody needle in the hand and the fluid hurts in my veins and you can feel the cold fluid im freaking out about the op i hate hospitals.

Lifeasafish Sun 23-Jun-13 21:36:40

This time tm it will all be over. Euro gives a good tip.

The needles/ coldness etc will nly last a few seconds/minutes, shorter than it akes to boil a full kettle.

You'll be fine.

Dinner sounds lovely euro. Sorry your tummy still feels sore - are you taking it easy?

eurozammo Sun 23-Jun-13 21:53:30

Yep, just chilling out on the sofa in my PJs. smile I'm hoping my stomach sorts itself out over night because I really have to make it into work tomorrow.

mejust for both ECs I have requested the needle go in the crook of the elbow and they have been fine with that. I felt no cold fluid at all. I felt slightly woozy and then the lights went out and I came round when it was done. Physically both times it has been fine. I can completely reassure you on that score. I just struggle with the mental side.

tametortie Sun 23-Jun-13 22:00:41

mejust ec is easy peasy dude smile you will be fine. Over in a flash xxxx

resipsa Sun 23-Jun-13 22:09:17

mejust seriously, I was you. The idea of hospitals etc literally makes me ill but EC was fine, truly. I talked (OK, forced him to talk) to the anaesthetist who went thru' pros/cons of GA v heavy sedation. I went for latter, felt/remember nothing and after EC at 9.30, was having a pub lunch at 12.30. You'll be fine.

resipsa Sun 23-Jun-13 22:11:40

PS No pain or problems after either. You will be fine, truly. Good luck.

NookNook Sun 23-Jun-13 22:55:19

Mejust I hope you're sound asleep in bed! But if not just wanted to pop in to say good luck. Can't wait to hear about all those eggs! X

Nokkie73 Sun 23-Jun-13 23:05:15

mejust and motor all the very best of luck tomorrow ladies. I will be thinking of you and willing you on from the sidelines.

zammo I hope you get a knockout fertilisation rate with your eggies.

tame you are obviously super organised with the gluten free diet. I cannot believe that changing such a simple thing can have such a massive effect.

choco you are raring to go this time eh ? I didn't know you were considering DE. What prompted it ?

wish well done on getting them to blasto stage. Like the good and wise ladies on here said, be guided by the embryologist. So ET on Tuesday then ?

joos I have never done the temp thing so I am no help whatsoever. However, you appear to be hotter than the sun which is a good thing, yes ?

Hi to fish and res and flowers and twinks (some of my friends didn't get what i was going through either - people can surprise you sometimes and not in a good way. i decided to keep my distance from some of them in the end because i didn't have the emotional energy to try to explain how i was feeling. i couldn't rationalise what i was going rough to myself at times, let alone explain what I was going through to other people. Not all the time but some of the time. However you decide to play it, I hope you are ok and manage to reach some peace with it). Hi to fab and expat and nook too.

I am sure I have missed someone off of my list, because basically I am a colossal idiot. If I have, I am sorry. If anyone else has a big follie growing, egg collecting or embryo transferring day, best of luck lovelies !

Noks xx

mejust Sun 23-Jun-13 23:05:45

Thank you everyone im just worked up,going to try and get some sleep soon and ill report back some time tomorrow x

ExpatWifey Sun 23-Jun-13 23:18:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MotorcycleMama Mon 24-Jun-13 07:08:48

Hi mejust. I'm thinking of you today, and hoping it all goes smoothly. Just do everything you can to relax, and trust in those looking after you.
It feels bad not being able to contact my donor to wish her well, but I certainly do.
Will report back later.

tametortie Mon 24-Jun-13 07:13:21

big good lucks today....

Mejust for ec, motor for eggs, euro for fertilisation and joos for high temp and fish for even lower e2 xxx

wave to...

Nooknook, fab, choco, expat, wish, nokkie, flowers, rachel, respisa and anyone else I've missed...

smile

resipsa Mon 24-Jun-13 07:22:33

Motor please let us know how D's EC goes. Have you ever had OE cycle (sorry, should probably know that blush)? Does it "feel" different (physical act of EC aside) to be waiting on someone else's eggs?

Fingers crossed for a full harvest!

MotorcycleMama Mon 24-Jun-13 07:32:05

Hi resipsa - how are you doing? No, this is my first IVF, so I can't compare the two. I was given 15% chance of success with my own eggs, so it didn't seem worth it. I'm not at all bothered by the idea of having a child who is not genetically mine.

Lifeasafish Mon 24-Jun-13 07:49:06

mejust I'm cheering you on at the sides! Good luck for today, be brave. Think of Juicy and her kegs.

motor good luck for today, you must be on tenderhooks. I'm wishing your donor a bumper a- class crop.

juicy euro i'm envisioning that embryo getting more and more comfy. Only a few days left for you to find out all!

wish are you ET today? If not, i'm wishing those embies to split further.

tame just a mention because you really are a sweetie for remembering us all.

I'm back for bloods scans today. I feel very calm.

everyone I've missed hallo! Wisihing you a happy monday.

This thread is not accepting new messages.