My first two week wait - anyone else?

(79 Posts)
sparkle9 Wed 12-Jun-13 17:07:49

We have been TTC for a couple of months but this is the first month that it might have happened. I came off the pill and have had 2 really long cycles - 43 and 53 days. This cycle seems long too but temp charting and OPK shows ovulation on CD31. This is the first time fertility friend has shown bold red crosshairs for ovulation (dotted lines the last cycles). So I'm on CD35 now and my temperatures are still up. I'm feeling positive that ovulation just might have happened! We BD on CD31 so hopefully things will have worked out. Testing on Sat 22nd unless AF makes an unwelcome appearance! Anyone else testing around then? It will be a long 10 days!

gatsby79 Wed 19-Jun-13 08:56:16

Thanks Pasta and good luck. I'll keep you posted!

Loveleigh Thu 20-Jun-13 11:23:41

Hello everyone! Wishing you all luck this weekend.
I had my implant out 12/06 and ttc #2. Im sure i ovulated at the weekend due to my CM, (i said that i wasnt going to track ovulation and just dtd and see if it happened, that didnt last long lol)
Think im ahead of myself but im showing signs of early pregnancy already, although it could all be a reaction to having my implant out i suppose. Ive been hot, tired, bleeding gums, feeling sick and off my food. Exactly how i felt when i was first pregnant with DD. Going to test at the end of the month as i think thats when Af is due so about 9days wait trying not to get my hopes up too much. This is all new to me as DD wasnt planned.

sleepcrisis Thu 20-Jun-13 12:48:37

I'm in the same position as you loveleigh - didn't have to try for DS so waiting is new. I stuipdly tested on tuesday - 5/6 days early - and it was negative, and I have just tested again - waiting to check the stick now.

I can't believe I caved again - I promised myself I wouldn't re test until my period is late! But I just couldn't stop myself. Feeling really rubbish today - tired, hot, forgetful, sick, the works - but it's probably all just me imagining things.

good luck everyone!

Loveleigh Thu 20-Jun-13 13:29:06

Good luck sleepcrisis smile keep your spirits high its still early!

i bought some tests from ebay and had them posted 2nd class to avoid some temptation to test early! Although im sure i will pop to the loo as soon as they arrive.. i feel so sure already i hope it isnt just withdrawal from my implant making me feel like this..it could be months yet.

sparkle9 Thu 20-Jun-13 21:56:23

Definitely AF for me. On the plus side it's decidedly different from my other bleeds since coming off the pill so I think this could be my first real AF since stopping the pill. I'm going to temp this next cycle and go to the GP if it is still really long.

Fingers crossed for everyone else who is still testing this weekend. X

PastaBeeandCheese Fri 21-Jun-13 06:16:17

AF due today and no sign it is going to arrive so I caved and tested......

BFN hmm

Caved in and tested (AF due Sunday). BFN sad really felt it would be positive- had a really strange metallic taste in my mouth. Not much else though. Guess ill test again on Sunday if no sign of AF.....

Vikkijayne2507 Fri 21-Jun-13 07:34:08

I thought I was further into the 2 wk wait but temp this morning and I'm on day 3po apparently soo I'll keep waiting

Good luck to those testing this weekend!! xxx

jenjenjenjenjen Sat 22-Jun-13 08:08:41

Could any one help me my af is due tomorrow and I have had cramps about 8 days ago been soooo hormonal for about 7 days and now I have a bit of cm and a headache witch is not like me. Usually I only get hormonal 2days before af and I get bloated but that it. Some one said I can test now but to use a good brand of test but I only got a cheap brand and don't know wether I should just wait a few days or what? Very confused by all this. As been not preventing but not try for 12 months so this is first month of keeping track ofv l everything. Good luck to you all! X

PastaBeeandCheese Sat 22-Jun-13 17:35:59

Jen, I think you'd need a First Response Early Response at this point. A cheap test probably isn't sensitive enough. Fingers crossed for you.

sparkle9 Sun 23-Jun-13 09:25:20

So did anyone get their BFP this weekend?

My AF has gone so I'm back to having my fingers crossed for this new cycle.

Not bfp so far but no AF today either, but think I might be just wishful thinking as got a few cramps now sad

sparkle9 Mon 24-Jun-13 17:13:04

Fingers crossed for you!

I am now onto my next cycle. This AF was longer than the others since coming off the pill so my little hope is that this is my body getting back to normal. This AF was the length that they used to be before I took the pill. I had been on the pill for 10 years though so I'm not sure how relevant that is now!

I'll have to BD every two days. I don't think DP will like it if he knows it's mainly to conceive IYSWIM so I won't mention TTC too much at home. He knows I was disappointed this month though. He's told me not to stress and it's early days. I know he's right but still....

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 24-Jun-13 17:37:20

He is right but I do know how you feel.

I have a very unexpected BFP! Thought AF started on Friday but it stopped completely by Saturday. Have had two faint BFPs since then!

internationallove985 Mon 24-Jun-13 19:50:47

Well. It's not my first 2ww as I've been trying since April, but I am on my 2ww. xxx

sparkle9 Mon 24-Jun-13 20:33:29

Pasta, that is great!!! :-)

That's great news pasta!!

Keep at it sparkle, like he says its early days. Try to enjoy all the extra fun!

I'm still waiting for AF- I'm sure its on its way but now 2 days late, though this is my first real cycle since stopping pill so maybe i have long cycles after all? I've also been poorly and on meds this month so maybe that's messed things up. I have cramps and a scrapy feeling in my tummy for days. Normally I have a few strong cramps then come on. Another bfn this morning though so not looking promising sad

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 24-Jun-13 22:19:09

Thank you!

pink when I came off pill with my first my cycles went to 33 days and stayed that way. I hope it's just a delayed BFP for you though. Good luck.

Thank you pasta. I'm now CD34. I wish it would just come and get it over with! I really hope this isn't going to be the norm! I'm sure I ov-ed around 16 days, then 10 days later got cramps that went. AF should have come after another week (Sunday). I expected to find it had defo come this morning, but now my cramps have gone again! Just tummy tender to press. Maybe it'll take a while to settle down, especially since I've been on steroids earlier this month. I think my cycles pre-pill were always a few days long, its just last month (first post-pill) it arrived quite nicely on time without too much of a fanfare!

Longo Tue 25-Jun-13 09:26:02

I'm on my two week wait, fingers crossed! Good luck to all.

5 days late and still no BFP sad

sparkle9 Tue 09-Jul-13 01:05:58

Any update?

Longo Tue 09-Jul-13 14:38:33

AF is due today, tummy ache though so just waiting now sad

Cupcake11 Wed 10-Jul-13 11:25:48

Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind me joining you! I'm on my first two week wait. Although I think I missed my ov day because we wanted to wait till we got back from holiday I still can't help getting hopeful!
Has anyone else found that they get different ov dates with different calculators? Some say we would have just missed it, some say I would have been ov.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now