My first two week wait - anyone else?

(79 Posts)
sparkle9 Wed 12-Jun-13 17:07:49

We have been TTC for a couple of months but this is the first month that it might have happened. I came off the pill and have had 2 really long cycles - 43 and 53 days. This cycle seems long too but temp charting and OPK shows ovulation on CD31. This is the first time fertility friend has shown bold red crosshairs for ovulation (dotted lines the last cycles). So I'm on CD35 now and my temperatures are still up. I'm feeling positive that ovulation just might have happened! We BD on CD31 so hopefully things will have worked out. Testing on Sat 22nd unless AF makes an unwelcome appearance! Anyone else testing around then? It will be a long 10 days!

I'm cross with myself this morning as had a bit of a heavier night than planned last night, hope I haven't ruined my chances thus month sad no implantation symptoms yet sad

Hi impatiently waiting- last month was my 1st month off pill, and I got quite a few funny symptoms too but didnt turn positive sad But you never know you might get lucky! The good thing is AF arrived right on time, even after 10 years of the pill, so I'm hoping that bodes well! Good luck!!

PS Sounds promising Sparkle9!

Me again! Had tummy cramps dice yesterday afternoon..... Keeping my fingers crossed its implantation (that its not just the curry we had for tea!). Kinda feels like AF on its way but its only cd26 and its not due for another week. Praying like mad!!

sleepcrisis Mon 17-Jun-13 09:40:28

Hi, I'm going to join in.

Not my first Dc but my first 2ww- he was an accident!

Am also due on the 22nd, and have been insanely obsesse with the idea that I could be pregnant. Symptom spotting like mad!

I too had a heavy night on Saturday, and also had lots of tummy twinges yesterday! Then last night as I was going to sleep I had a dull ache, like early period pain. But nearly a week early, so could it be implantation pains?! More likely the hangover kicking in... It's so hard to remain calm isn't it!!

Last time I tested 2 days after my period was due. I don't know how I'm going to hold off for another 7days!!!

tryingforsolong Mon 17-Jun-13 10:08:16

good luck!

I'm feeling every little twinge. Not sure if its cramps, wind or my imagination

I am due on tomorrow, at the latest early Wednesday so I'm driving myself crazy. First month of Clomid and I'm terrified.

sparkle9 Mon 17-Jun-13 17:29:25

I had another tiny spot of red blood in my CM yesterday. Is that odd to get it on two separate days? Better not be two eggs implanting!! Ha ha ha. I have one of my usual hormone headaches today and I usually get those just before AF so I'm not so optimistic today. I'll just have to enjoy the hope and suspense of the two week wait. Fingers crossed that at least some of us get BFPs this cycle.

The last two nights I have woken up very hot, and my neck has been sweating. This has never happened before. It this is just a side effect of me taking the pill, then I will never go on a pill ever again! I could cope with night sweats if it meant I was pregnant, but how depressing to go through it and not be.

sparkle9 Mon 17-Jun-13 20:06:16

Slight bleeding since my last post. :-(

Just need to wait and see if it turns into early AF now.

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 17-Jun-13 20:16:17

Oh, I'm sorry Sparkle. It may not come to anything yet.

Sorry sparkle sad still quite early to see. Ill still keep my fingers crossed for you

I've still got twinges/cramps, but no spotting. I'm sure its not AF though- I was always longer than shorter cycle-wise :$

Vikkijayne2507 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:39:52

My boobs are heavier and very sensitive dp really likes them is happy if a side effect of coming off the pill

sleepcrisis Mon 17-Jun-13 22:04:07

This wait is driving me mad. I've just had bleeding gums while brushing my teeth and I had this loads when pregnant last time! But surely it's way too early to have symptoms like that. Still have full cramps ache when I'm still. And just generally feeling nervous and on edge the whole time!

One thing that's bothering me though is that I'm sure I had sore boobs by this point last time...

SpannerPants Tue 18-Jun-13 07:17:20

I got overexcited and just poas - silly as in only 6dpo so of course it was a bfn. I'm feeling really irritated by DP, have lots of watery discharge and some faint lower abdominal cramps which feel very similar to early on in my last pregnancy. Going to test again on Saturday!

sparkle9 Tue 18-Jun-13 08:21:20

Still some bleeding. It's brown rather than red so could still be implantation bleeding but I'm not holding my breath. I'm 10 dpo today if the OPK and temperature charting are correct. The chart doesn't indicate that this could be normal AF - no temp rise 14 days ago.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

Vikkijayne2507 Tue 18-Jun-13 19:06:44

I thought my cycle was too messed up came off pill and now poas opk says Oving sooo my thinking is that its good news my cycle is happening good job dtd every 2 days ish for over a week so not bad odds and at least I have an idea of whats going on

sparkle9 Tue 18-Jun-13 22:36:00

More bleeding. I think it's AF. This isn't spotting by any stretch of the imagination.

Good luck to everyone else. I'll check back at the weekend to see if anyone got a BFP. X

PastaBeeandCheese Tue 18-Jun-13 22:52:55

I'm sorry Sparkle. Does that mean your cycle length is reducing though? You shouldn't have to wait as long to try again.

Good luck!

sparkle9 Tue 18-Jun-13 23:04:20

Yes today is CD41 or CD1 so a lot shorter than the last cycle. Silver lining! I'm just a bit down at the min but I'm sure I will perk up when AF is over.

PastaBeeandCheese Tue 18-Jun-13 23:10:24

Of course. Everyone understands how it feels.

sparkle9 Tue 18-Jun-13 23:39:44

Thanks for your replies!

Jellybean15 Wed 19-Jun-13 00:33:37

Hello, new to all this and to mumsnet! Eak, off the pill for two months and AF arrived on time both months. we are having our first go this month and feeling all of a sudden very nervous after deciding we would just wait and see and remain relaxed, famous last words! Hello to everyone :-) and good luck to all who need it this month xxx

gatsby79 Wed 19-Jun-13 08:19:51

Just adding my 2 cents worth. This is my first proper 2ww (first round of Clomid after no period for a year!). Cautiously optimistic since I got a positive on a First Response test yesterday but at risk of false positive because I got a trigger shot 2 weeks ago. I think my period is due on Friday but my fertility clinic said a test wouldn't be reliable until Monday - so it's gonna be more like the 3 week wait!

PastaBeeandCheese Wed 19-Jun-13 08:31:36

Gatsby79 I don't understand what a false positive is? I thought you could only get a false negative?

<thicko>

gatsby79 Wed 19-Jun-13 08:40:46

The trigger shot, used to stimulate ovulation, contains HCG which is the hormone home pregnancy tests detect. The shot can stay in your system for at least 10 days and if there is still enough of it in your pee a pregnancy test can pick it up. Gives you a positive reading when you might not be pregnant. Bit rubbish really!

PastaBeeandCheese Wed 19-Jun-13 08:48:55

Gosh, yes that is rubbish. You'll have to join the rest of us on the bench waiting for our designated POAS day. Saturday for me if AF doesn't arrive Friday.

<moves up to make room for Gatsby and crosses fingers for her>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now