IUD (coil) removal

(9 Posts)
Princessgrace2011 Wed 12-Jun-13 13:03:20

Me and my husband have decided to try for another baby grin I have the coil in at the moment and was just wondering how long after having it removed can we start trying? Also would like to know how long other mums conceived after having one removed.
Thanks in advance

Amymia03 Wed 12-Jun-13 14:20:04

Hi princessgrace2011,

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but my husband and I are in a similar situation. So I thought I would say hi, and hope watch for someone that might have some advice.

CunningAtBothEnds Wed 12-Jun-13 14:22:55

I had the copper coil
(Non mirena non hormonal), fertility returns pretty instantly. HTH

LifeOfPee Wed 12-Jun-13 14:24:53

I had a copper coil removed in order to TTC. Removal was very easy, quick and painless. A lot better than when it was fitted.

It did take us a year to conceive which sadly ended in a MC and then a further 5 months to conceive again but I don't think any of that had anything to do with my coil.

Amymia03 Wed 12-Jun-13 14:28:09

I had the marina coil fitted after I had my dd. After 5 years I had that one removed and another put in its place straight away without a gap. I now haven't had Af for 9 years, worried that my body will not return to normal.

Amymia03 Wed 12-Jun-13 14:28:47

Lifeofpee, sorry to hear of your mc

PopsyWind Wed 12-Jun-13 17:50:23

I had mirena coil out early Jan, then had spotting on and off for about 6w (v annoying).
Then had what I assumed was a proper period mid Feb, and conceived that cycle!

Was surprised as it took a few months with the other 2.

Good luck!

BartBaby Wed 12-Jun-13 19:47:30

Hi smile

I had the mirena coil in 3 and a half years. Had it out on 9th april. Had a normal 4 day period the day after. Now on cycle 3 ttc. Had a 27 day cycle and 29 day cycle so far. Last 2 times ive only bled for 2 days each month. Not sure if it has anything to do with the coil but im not complaining!

You can be fertile straight away, but the nurse that removed it recommended that i waited until id had my first period so that its easier to date the pregnancy.

Good luck grin

pod3030 Wed 12-Jun-13 19:50:57

i had a copper coil, was pregnant three months after removal. good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now