TTC number 1 & new to this so limited abbreviations!!

(31 Posts)
Fox82 Thu 06-Jun-13 21:20:35

Hi, I'd like to hear from others who are also trying to conceive their first baby but are new to all of this and don't understand a lot of the abbreviations! (I did see a list of abbreviations somewhere, but still struggling!) I'm 30 and my husband is 33. After getting married in January we started trying straight away but had no luck so far. Naively thought it would just happen! I don't really want to get into ovulation testing etc just yet as want to feel as relaxed as possible as apparently getting stressed doesn't help? But starting to think maybe I should as lots of others on here seem to be doing all sorts of tests?! Love to hear from others in a similar situation

Fox82 Wed 12-Jun-13 22:18:06

Haha misseskimo that made me laugh with the kitten! Probably wasn't funny at the time while you we're scrubbing the bath though! Will let you know if I manage to find a mid-flow OPK.

misseskimo Fri 14-Jun-13 11:08:57

I now shut the door!! Haha.
My O is due tomorrow, "apparently" so we'll see if I get any positive results!!

blueamber Fri 14-Jun-13 12:25:47

I think all clearblue OPKs you hold in your flow? They have the normal OPKs and the advanced ones. Boots have them at 20% off right now.

blueamber Fri 14-Jun-13 12:35:06

Saying that, I thought only tests that don't have a plastic case around it need to be dipped. So all other tests you can hold mid-flow. Maybe the pictures are like that because they don't want to take a picture of a stream of wee? smile

Fox82 Fri 14-Jun-13 17:45:49

Thanks blueamber. That's true - probably any other type of photo wouldn't be as appropriate. Think I'm going to see what happens for the next month or 2 and if no luck then try the clearblue opk's

SkylerRose Fri 21-Jun-13 09:02:45

Yes I think I will try them next month . I'm kinda confused at mo as according to the ff Calendar I have it says I should be fertile next weekend but if I'm right CM says its now???? Confused but will just try to DTD this weekend and next lol wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now