Advice re OPK please-very early smiley face

(998 Posts)
StrawberryMojito Sun 02-Jun-13 09:49:54

This is my second month using an OPK (clearblue digital that tells you when you are both high and peak fertility). Last month I didn't get a high fertility sign at all (flashing smiley face), it just went straight to peak fertility (fixed smiley face). This was on day 12 which was a couple of days earlier than expected but still seemed normal.

I only finished my period a couple of days ago but started using the opk straight away as my cycles vary a bit (26-30 days). Today (day 8) I got a high fertlity sign. Surely this is too early?

So, we had sex last night just for fun rather than baby making but now I'm thinking should we do it again tonight as I got the high (but not peak) fertility sign or shall we just start doing it every other day until I get the peak fertility smiley face. I don't want to exhaust DH and his swimmers but don't want to miss the window either.

kabgab Thu 19-Sep-13 14:09:43

MissV- maybe, but you never know until you know...right? Day by day. That's the thing, the signs of early preg. & PMS are almost if not identical so it's hard to tell. Are you going on the Family Moon soon?

Hey kabgab, booked holiday tonight, so I have that to look forward to in 3 weeks, still very tired and irritable, works stressing me out and poor hubby has been asking about it and I'm just jumping down his throat, just don't feel up to talking about it!!! Feeling sorry for myself basically!! Rant over, lol. How are you doing?? Any updates your end?? How you feeling this week?? X x

kabgab Fri 20-Sep-13 01:05:39

MissV- I understand..it's tough when you don't feel like talking about stressors, but then you feel bad when someone who cares about you is trying to help, by asking questions, which in turn further irritate. Good on you guys for seeing through on a Holiday though, yay!! I'm fine...made peace with this no go cycle... "It is what it is" as they say, right?

Will start my cheapie OPKs this weekend though, and will get the Hubs in the routine over weekend too (again, not that I at all expect anything, but I don't want to let a month go by...leftover bad follicles or not!) xx

Liquidambar Fri 20-Sep-13 09:35:11

Hi ladies.

May I join you? this is my second cycle using the dual hormone clear blue digital. likewise strawberry's original post in both months I went from one empty cycle to a solid smile (no flashing in between). This month the solide smile was cycle day 10 which I thought was a bit early. I tested again this morning and got a flashing smile. I suppose it means my fertility is going down after the fertility peak. I am slightly confused smile
we will try do dtd again tonight just in case.

i hope everyone will have a good Friday

Hi liquid, you should not use the same test stick straight after a solid smile, I made the mistake, it'll give you a false reading, it has a memory, you should wait until next month but ttc as much as you can, I found it was giving me a solid with out the flashing smile, it has done it again this ninth, straight to a solid, so I'm taking it as I must have now peak and straight to a high. Yeh kabgab, off in hold in three weeks time!!! Yeh!!! Ttc concieve or just practicing is a good idea, you never know things happen when you least expect it, periods due in a week or less so here's hoping!!! X x x

Liquidambar Fri 20-Sep-13 10:20:54

thank you so much miss. that is the most valuable advice I've recently receivedgrin

holidays sound really good plan.

Clear blue are naughty liquid, they don't tell you in the box on the instructions, most people who use the normal digital use it right throuout the month, this one is different it sets it's self to your body, remembering what you last cycle was like, so it you it picks up your LH surge, I've been naughty though and I've been buying new ones, both months LH surge was high, solid smile in the same day, first month I used it straight after a solid and it came out with oooo and then flashing smiles for days, which was so far from what was actually happening,

charleylarlie Fri 20-Sep-13 12:09:16

Hi guys, Just a quick note to say that I haven't forgotten you all! We're still waiting on internet connection for the new house, and should be back online within the week (fingers crossed). So, all being well will catch up with you all then! Just waiting for Af to show After our 2nd month out and then we will be resuming ttc - hooray!

App show you a general rule for most women, but as you know we are not most women, we usually have a 28 day cycle, and it will show you should ovulate around day 14, this is untrue for most, I ovulate cd 11 so it could well be right, it's est to test for a couple of months, see what your cycle does

I've just read my post back an that didn't make sense, must be having a funny moment,
The general rule is in a 28 day cycle you'll ovulate around day 14. Half way through, but for most women it could be a couple of days before it a couple of days after as we are all different. Mine is cd11 has been with clear blue digital for the past two months. Hope that helps x x

kabgab Sun 22-Sep-13 00:18:47

Charleylarlie, that's great! what a relief to be able to TTC again after being out of the game... yay!

businessadmin Mon 23-Sep-13 01:16:54

Hi BNmum i aint been up to much lately x

My period arrived saturday 21st september, which is only cd27 and is early for me.

Im goin to use Asda own brand of Ovulation tests this time round for my IUI, coz using them CB Advanced give me mis-reading last time round and its too much money to do the IUI.

BNmum Mon 23-Sep-13 08:13:38

Hi ladies,
Welcome liquid!
I've been offline for a few days so this is the first chance I've had to check-in in a while <big waves to everyone>
How are you settling in charley? Ttc again is very exciting!
I hope the asda OPKs work out for you business, when are you planning to start using them?

Hi girls,
Hi business, hope tiur next month with opk's is a good one.
Hey BNmum, hope your feeling well. How are you other girls doing?? Very quiet here lately. I'm 14dpo af due in 3 days, no obvious symptoms of af just yet. Had a negative this morning, naughty I know!! but hoping I just did it a bit early. Af is due on oh birthday so I'll hang fire and do a test Wednesday morning, hope it'll be a positive, it'll be a nice birthday present!! Lol good luck to every one I'm whatever stage your at x

kabgab Tue 24-Sep-13 00:17:11

Hi BNmum, Hope you're feeling well.

Hi Business - I started using cheapie OPKs too this cycle. My only issue is that I had is trying to discern the color difference from positive vs negative...yesterday the lines seemed very close if not identical (which would be Positive OPK) but I wasn't sure, so I tested again this morning and one line was definatley lighter (Negative)..and so, I don't know if OPKs pick up an LH surge for days in a row, or after you test positive you should Stop testing because the next day you'd show Negative? So confusing... I wish I could swear off OPKs altogether sometimes!

MissV- Happy Birthday in advance!! Fingers crossed of course for you, and do keep us informed! xx

Hey girls, update so far, af due tomorrow, no signs just yet, so fingers crossed!! How is everyone this cycle?? X x

BNmum Tue 24-Sep-13 13:38:35

Fingers crossed missv

Morning ladies, no af, which is due today, but I think once I'm up and about it'll say hello, taken a test big fat no, if I was pregnant, it'd pick hcg up by now surely. X

kabgab Wed 25-Sep-13 13:17:39

Miss V- Happy Birthday! And you never know..give it a few more days - and if you're still negative, your cycle may be elongated this month (that happens to me sometimes too). Hope you're doing something special today for your birthday!

BNmum Wed 25-Sep-13 17:34:27

Don't lose hope yet missv, wait a few days and test again

blamber Wed 25-Sep-13 18:12:46

Hope everyone is doing ok. I was abroad for a bit, but I have also been patiently waiting for ov, which just won't come. CD 21 now and fed up!

Got a blood test done for the tingling in my limbs; it came back last week, but luckily has gone now again. I don't have the results yet.

There are a few other things going on as well and all in all I feel tired of my body doing all these odd things! sad

BNmum Wed 25-Sep-13 19:40:20

Hi blamber did you have a nice holiday? I hope you get some answers from your blood tests soon, tingling limbs must be very frigtening for you. Did you know that flying can delay your ovulation so bear that in mind as you curse your body grin. Sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it and feeling a bit down, hopefully your +ve OPK will be just around the corner.

blamber Thu 26-Sep-13 11:31:17

Nooooo! Flying delays ov? Great! I'm not sure though what's going on, as it was gearing up for ov after I'd returned home, with ewcm and soft cervix, but then just stopped again before the LH surge could take place.

I was visiting family, and it was nice to see them again. It was a quick trip though, so not so relaxing.

Hope your ms is easing off BNmum.

Well good afternoon ladies, af has still not reared its head, no signs and negative test this morning!!! Frustrating!!! I'm sure stress has delayed the inevitable!!! Just hanging around waiting!!! Hope your all ok!!! X

BNmum Thu 26-Sep-13 13:30:36

I think the extend to which flying affects ovulation depends on if its long haul/short haul, if you cross any time zones, where you are in your cycle and how nervous a flyer you are/how stressful the journey was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now