Advice re OPK please-very early smiley face

(998 Posts)
StrawberryMojito Sun 02-Jun-13 09:49:54

This is my second month using an OPK (clearblue digital that tells you when you are both high and peak fertility). Last month I didn't get a high fertility sign at all (flashing smiley face), it just went straight to peak fertility (fixed smiley face). This was on day 12 which was a couple of days earlier than expected but still seemed normal.

I only finished my period a couple of days ago but started using the opk straight away as my cycles vary a bit (26-30 days). Today (day 8) I got a high fertlity sign. Surely this is too early?

So, we had sex last night just for fun rather than baby making but now I'm thinking should we do it again tonight as I got the high (but not peak) fertility sign or shall we just start doing it every other day until I get the peak fertility smiley face. I don't want to exhaust DH and his swimmers but don't want to miss the window either.

BNmum Thu 06-Jun-13 14:38:37

Congrats on the peak strawberry, I hope the bding goes to plan.

Wow, that's reassuring charley, I would try and dtd tonight as well if you can. Good luck!

I wish I had some better news but still getting high fertility! I've also been bleeding since tues but I'm continuing to test as I don't believe it's a true af, although its enough to not want to dtd. I had a bleed at cd20 last month but I was hoping it was a one off, it's occurred around the same time again this month, wtf? I never ever suffered from a mid month bleed before. I'm suspicious that its happened since we've started ttc. Anyway I don't think I've ovulated yet because I think I would then drop to low fertility, have you tested again charley on the advanced and did this happen?

StrawberryMojito Thu 06-Jun-13 19:34:10

Is it a heavy bleed BN? I read that you an get mid cycle spotting associated with ovulation. Hopefully that's it.

I'm hoping that we will dtd as planned tonight but DH is still suffering with man flu. He's just bought home an extra hot curry tonight to try and clear his airways. Lucky me...confused

BNmum Thu 06-Jun-13 19:45:50

grin good luck with that strawberry.

It's more than spotting, enough to need to wear pad and enough to not want to dtd but not enough to use a tampon and not as heavy as af. It's a bright fresh colour at the minute.

I thought I might have been ovulation bleeding last month and posted on here. It was suggested that it was more likely that i have PCOS and should go to the docs. I haven't ruled this out but my doc knows about my irregular cycles/family history etc and isn't bothered so I opted to use the OPKs this month to gain a better insight into my cycle before approaching her.

Bambi27 Fri 07-Jun-13 09:56:45

Oh this is giving me hope!! First time this month of using these advanced tests. Never used any ovulation tests but been ttc for 8 months now so thought i would give them a whirl I'm on day 12 and just got first flashing smiley!! Hoping to get solid face soon! I hope we all get our bfp's soon!!! Maybe these tests will give us the help we need!!!

BNmum Fri 07-Jun-13 10:00:06

Fingers crossed bambi! how long is your cycle normally?

StrawberryMojito Fri 07-Jun-13 11:49:53

Morning. How are things going?

Even though I got my fixed smiley yesterday, poor DH felt awful last night and was coughing and sneezing all evening so we decided to give it a miss and he had an early night. However, that must have done the trick as he woke me up at 4.30am to bd before DS woke up (DS is an early riser-anything from 4.45am onwards-it's amazing we want a second actually).

We'll give it another go tomorrow and then have a well earned rest!

I hope your bleeding has stopped BN and you get a peak soon. A trip to the docs sounds like a good plan just to check your hormone levels as a starting point. Fingers crossed its just one of those things and not pcos.

Good luck Bambi!

Bambi27 Fri 07-Jun-13 17:34:38

Normally 28-29 days so going off last one which was 28 so pretty average really! Already got lo who is 2 but had injection after her and really messed body up so only gone back to normal last 4/5 cycles so got fingers crossed!!

Bambi27 Fri 07-Jun-13 17:35:17

Ohh and thanks for good lucks!! Good luck to you guys to! Getting frustrating now!!

Bambi27 Sat 08-Jun-13 08:20:50

Day 13 and second smiley face dtd last night and will do again tonight..usually we do every other but this month think will dtd until 2 days after fixed smiley...hubby will be pleased!

Bambi27 Sat 08-Jun-13 08:21:15

How's everyone else getting on? On the dreaded 2ww now?? X

BNmum Sat 08-Jun-13 08:25:13

How's everyone getting on?

Good work strawberry, a 4.30am booty call is pretty hardcore. I hope you get lucky this cycle.

Are you still getting high fertility bambi?

How's things charley?

Looks like my bleeding has stopped (but not holding breath), still getting high fertility though. I've only got 2 sticks left so my fixed better get move on! Went out to buy some more yesterday and couldn't bring myself to fork out almost £30 on another pack in tesco so went for original cb digital at less than £9.00 for pack of 20 - bargain! I almost went on the net last night to buy another advanced pack but resisted (for now).

BNmum Sat 08-Jun-13 08:25:51

Cross post bambi

BNmum Sat 08-Jun-13 08:27:48

Well done bambi, fingers crossed. I would say after reading other thread don't give up too early as these OPKs seem to give an early reading.

Bambi27 Sat 08-Jun-13 08:38:08

Yes still on high but only on second day at the moment so it's doing what it should do at the moment ....! We shall see!!

Okay I shall try to persist with a few days after peak thanks for advice hubby will be pleased!!

Glad the bleed has stopped hope your peak comes very soon!! I hope mine comes within this pack could not bring myself to buy another for a couple of sticks either!! If I was you I continue to dtd for 4-5 days and assume you've had it?? I know not that helpful....smile

charleylarlie Sat 08-Jun-13 11:45:30

Great news Bambi27!

The CB Digis are pricey, aren't they, BNmum? Here's hoping you get a fixed smiley soon, but a flashing face is good too.

I haven't tried again with the CB digis, as realised they reset themselves after 3 days so would get a blank circle again for the first day. I got a slight reading from my cheapy opk yesterday, but not quite a positive, so we gave it a miss last night. I expect ov has been and gone now and hoping that we've got lucky this month.

Will test again with the cheap ones again later, though I don't entirely trust them.

Bambi27 Sat 08-Jun-13 13:23:52

Yeah pretty pricey, 20-25 pound for ten sticks but hoping its worth it :/

BNmum Sat 08-Jun-13 19:26:30

Oh my life, I've just crumbled and bought a pack of 20 for £22. Not sure what I was thinking other than I really want to know if I ever get a peak. So that's 40 OPKs I'll have - I'm going to be totally POAS crazy!!

When is your BFP due charley?

charleylarlie Sat 08-Jun-13 19:38:25

Can sympathise, BNmum - I am a sucker for anything that I think can help! Only on month 3 of ttc number 2 (have 2 yr old ds) but I seem to be forking out for all sorts. Will be buying LOADS of pg tests later in the month!

AF not due until 25/26th June so 2 and a half weeks away yet. I must ov early, if the opks are anything to go by. DP and I have decided to put it to the test and not dtd for the rest of the month - eek.

Bambi27 Sat 08-Jun-13 20:15:26

I've been pretty restrained so far as only started opks this month and been ttc for 7 months but you got a good deal as I paid £20 for 10 tests!! Hope you all get your bfp's xx

BNmum Sun 09-Jun-13 08:30:37

I don't bloody believe it, only gone and got my peak fertility this morning (cd24)!

I got up, took the test, went back to bed for a quickie before ds woke up, went back to bathroom to check opk and there it was. I was in total disbelief and sat looking at it for ages, hubby came in and said "bloody hell, have I managed to knock you up?" I had to laugh, these things are pretty good but I dont think they're that good grin, if only they could tell you you're preggers after 5mins!

Yeah it was a good deal, I got them on amazon from clearblue themselves. I got them from there in the first place as they were cheaper than the original digitals which I was going to buy. A pack of 20 is £1 more expensive than a box of 10!

BNmum Sun 09-Jun-13 08:33:28

Just thought, I should have tested with a normal digital that I bought the other day to see if it also picked up a lh surge. Will try and hold in wee for 4 hours and test, it's not like I'm short of OPKs now wink

Bambi27 Sun 09-Jun-13 09:35:44

Little frustrated expected fixed smiley today as on day three but have got another flashing smiley sad I hope I get mine soon!!! Glad you got yours and what timing with just dtd! Xx

BNmum Sun 09-Jun-13 10:21:50

Don't worry bambi we worked out that its not set in stone that you will get your fixed after a couple of days. Clearblue need to clarify this to stop unnecessary worrying. Lets face it I've had flashing for 14days! Just keep dtd every other day till you get your fixed then 3days straight miss a day then one more for luck (if doing SMEP)

Bambi27 Sun 09-Jun-13 10:36:26

I only have three sticks left! Hoping I get it before they run out!! Husband will go mad if I buy more!! Have u had fixed now?? Xx

BNmum Sun 09-Jun-13 11:40:38

Yeah I got my fixed (peak) this morning, it stops on the stick for 48hrs now - i suppose to remind you that you're ovulating.

I just bought a new pack last night as only had 2 left which is frustrating but at least I have them for next month if this month is unsuccessful. You have a shorter cycle than me so you could still get your peak within the next 3 days. Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now