Advice re OPK please-very early smiley face

(998 Posts)
StrawberryMojito Sun 02-Jun-13 09:49:54

This is my second month using an OPK (clearblue digital that tells you when you are both high and peak fertility). Last month I didn't get a high fertility sign at all (flashing smiley face), it just went straight to peak fertility (fixed smiley face). This was on day 12 which was a couple of days earlier than expected but still seemed normal.

I only finished my period a couple of days ago but started using the opk straight away as my cycles vary a bit (26-30 days). Today (day 8) I got a high fertlity sign. Surely this is too early?

So, we had sex last night just for fun rather than baby making but now I'm thinking should we do it again tonight as I got the high (but not peak) fertility sign or shall we just start doing it every other day until I get the peak fertility smiley face. I don't want to exhaust DH and his swimmers but don't want to miss the window either.

StrawberryMojito Wed 10-Jul-13 05:54:13

It's crap isn't it Bambi. My DH was the one who suggested trying for a second and has even told his friends we are. Most of the time he is really committed to the cause but last month he was ill during the fertile window and this month he had big work commitments so we haven't done it when we should have. It's so annoying when you have been using opks all month. I don't even blame him, it's just frustrating.

At least you won't have a stressful 2 week wait, it's quite relaxing letting it pass by unnoticed with no expectations.

Bambi27 Wed 10-Jul-13 08:34:51

Thanks strawberry! Like you have said I don't even really blame him but it is very frustrating! Like you say at least there is no 2ww this month! I shall make sure he's up2 full health for next month I suppose!!

charleylarlie Wed 10-Jul-13 09:36:54

Aw, that's rubbish Bambi. I know what you mean though - we weren't able to dtd on 2nd day of fixed smiley either. But you did on the first day, didn't you (or am I remembering it wrong?)? So you're still in with a chance. And you, Strawberry. Am not feeling like it will be our lucky month this month, but I suppose we've all got a small chance.

Bambi27 Wed 10-Jul-13 11:28:02

Thanks charley..yes we did do it on first day but not on 2nd or 3rd day after so feeling pretty out odds wise!! Xx

Bambi27 Sat 13-Jul-13 09:58:17

How's everyone getting on?

charleylarlie Sat 13-Jul-13 14:01:33

Hi Bambi, am around 8 or 9 dpo, keep thinking my boobs are tingling, but is prob just the heat! Haven't had much time to think about symptoms much as we've been busy sorting out 2 year old DS's bedroom in prep for the bars of his cotbed coming down. First night last night and we are all exhausted! Hope everybody else is doing well.

businessadmin Sat 13-Jul-13 15:15:21

Hi Bambi, i took preg test on yesterday, was negative, im getting too anxious. I think its because i keep feeling my stomache like achy & like bit tight. I dont understand, my discharge was like a drk browney colour.

charleylarlie Sat 13-Jul-13 16:31:06

When's AF due, Business? Could be implantation bleeding if it's still a little early? I had that when pg with DS - about a week before AF due, but can be anytime from 6-12 dpo I believe, so could be around the time of AF. Just a thought. wink

businessadmin Sat 13-Jul-13 17:47:18

hi charley I ovulation on 9th & 10th July, so AF due around about 23rd or 24th.

BNmum Sat 13-Jul-13 19:32:26

Hi ladies, I'm back grin. How's everyone doing?

I'm so pleased you got your fixed smiley on tues business. Fingers crossed for you! Try not to worry (easier said then done, I know) but like charley has said it could be implantation. There's not much point in testing before the 23/24 but if you do pleased don't get disheartened if you get a negative as it could just indicate that it's too early to show.

I hope the cotbed went well charley, my lo took to it straightaway but a couple of months later after a bout of chickenpox he just appeared by the side of the bed in the middle of the night. I would wake to find him staring at me a couple of inches away which would scare the life out of me. In the end I had to get a groclock which worked a treat.

StrawberryMojito Sat 13-Jul-13 21:07:26

Hi all. How was the trip BN? Aren't you able to test around now? Charley, I hope it all goes well with the cot Charley, we are going to try taking the sides off DSs cot around Autumn when he is 2, so if you have any tips let me know! How's it going with you Bambi?

I have nothing to report really. I found out another friend is pregnant this week but I'm really pleased for them as they have struggled for ages and this was their 2nd round of ivf. Good news for me is that my period hasn't arrived yet, I don't think for a minute I'm pg because our bd timing was out but last month I had a 24 day cycle which was really short, today was day 25 and no af so I'm back in the realms of normal again. I'm hoping to return to at least 27 day cycle.

businessadmin Sat 13-Jul-13 21:10:14

Hi BNmum welcome bk smile x Thank you x I just feel ive done the IUI too early instead of goin on the 9th / 10th July, like i was goin to do, esp when it cost money to do x

StrawberryMojito Sat 13-Jul-13 21:10:45

Btw Business admin, I agree it may be a little early for testing and implantation bleeding, good luck though!

Bambi27 Sat 13-Jul-13 22:07:09

Oh charley taking the sides off are a big step!! We did it when dd was about 2 and she was fine! She didn't seem to really realise! Has never climbed out of bed even though she gets in when she goes to bed and out when I go in in the morning!! Hope it goes smoothly for you!!

Admin I really, truly hope it's worked for you and it's just to early to test. Can I be naive and ask exactly what and why it is you're doing what you're doing I literally have no idea!

And Bnmum hope the holiday and break was fab? Tested yet?? Xxxxx

Bambi27 Sat 13-Jul-13 22:07:51

And strawberry, hope that you get your bfp and not af! Good sign that no af yet!!!! X

businessadmin Sat 13-Jul-13 22:14:54

bambi wat do u mean, [what and why it is you're doing what you're doing I literally have no idea!]

BNmum Sat 13-Jul-13 22:15:50

The trip was fabulous thanks, only a few nights away but it was lovely. This amazing weather certainly helped. I can test now strawberry, its cd51 for me and over 14days since my 2nd fixed smiley of the cycle. I think i'll get a test on Monday and see what it has to say, I haven't got any symptoms though so not expecting anything.

It sounds like it was a really tough decision to make Business and hindsight is a wonderful thing. It may have been too early but it may also have been the right timing. It's happened now and you cant change it so try and sit tight. We're all routing for you and wishing you the best flowers

BNmum Sat 13-Jul-13 22:18:54

Hi bambi, sorry i'm a slow typer and missed your posted. I hope all is good with you, what cd are you now?

Business, I think Bambi was trying to ask about IUI, how it works and why you have chosen/had to go down this route (correct me if i'm wrong bambi)

StrawberryMojito Sat 13-Jul-13 22:21:01

Business, I think Bambi is asking about the IUI stuff.

StrawberryMojito Sat 13-Jul-13 22:21:47

Oops cross post.

Bambi27 Sat 13-Jul-13 22:36:12

Yes that is what I was I was asking!! Sorry I'm rubbish I literally have no idea! I know I'm sure it's very dense and insensitive! But thought I better ask as don't feel I can support without knowing!!

Bnmum that sounds positive 14 days since fixed smiley and no af!! Fingers crossed!!! Xx

businessadmin Sat 13-Jul-13 22:40:08

Thanks BNmum thanks x

Bambi27 Sat 13-Jul-13 22:58:54

Sorry if I've offended you, it's absolutely fine if you don't want to say xxx

charleylarlie Sun 14-Jul-13 07:00:56

Glad you had a nice holiday, BNmum. Fingers crossed for monday. I think I can test next week too. - will leave it until Thurs to be on safe side as don't know exactly when ov.

Business - hope your wait isn't too long to find out if IUI worked. It's so hard, but like BNmum says, you've no way of knowing exactly. Fingers crossed for you though.

Strawberry, great that AF hasn't arrived, one way or another. If I think of any tips re the cot bars, I'll let you know. So far we've had to take all his books and clothes put of the room, as he went wild with the freedom! Last night a bit better, asleep at 8.15 after a mammoth empty drawer and cupboard opening sesh, fell out of bed at 3 and was up at 6.30, but seems to be lying on bed with a cuddly now! Thanks for the Groclock tip, BNmum.

No proper symptoms yet for me. I think the tingling boobs was all in my head as nothing yesterday.

BNmum Sun 14-Jul-13 13:25:53

Sounds like you've had a rough time of it charley, I forgot to mention that I put up a bed guard too. We still use this at home although he slept on bottom bunk fine on holiday. He is a wriggler though and it saves us all being woken up in the middle of the night.

Ooh! Fingers crossed for thurs too.

What pregnancy tests does everyone use?

Is everyone in the 2ww now? I've only been away a few days and already lost track of everyone's cycles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now