Eggcellent Egg Buddies: are you IVF cycling in June/July/August 2013? Then get your druggy arses over here for some pure fucking menkulling...

(1000 Posts)
juicypair Mon 27-May-13 14:51:02

NokklingtonStStation, I couldn't find a new thread so I made this one, cock. Hope I did the right thing <inadequate>

DjuicyUnchained Tue 28-May-13 21:08:26

Oh, no, euro! I'm sorry my fred title has made you vulnerable to twatty Yanks sad

Motor, your sapphic donor sounds great and I can think of many reasons why a lesbian baby would be good news: no need to buy pink fluffy headbands and all the rellies could just buy dungarees from Baby Gap wink

tametortie Tue 28-May-13 21:09:25

No, just a urine test.

Lying in bed won't help but it makes DH feel as though he is doing something to help ;-) x

buzzybee123 Tue 28-May-13 22:12:56

ah best to get on the list at your local EPAU if takes so long, would your GP help out??? Rest up my lovely, who is supplying you with your arse bullets

EuroShaggleton Tue 28-May-13 22:54:54

tame so you're laying in bed for him? wink

No worries juice. I didn't even notice it when I was posting at home over the weekend!

mejust Tue 28-May-13 23:26:29

hi buzz did you feel like that for long or does it come and go.
can anyone explain much about how things go after the base line scan i havent been told much really well not in much detail anyway.

tam it could just be spotting from implantation as thats quite common all the best take it easy

buzzybee123 Wed 29-May-13 00:03:36

mejust I wasn't on it for long, I had decapetyl 3.75 mgs on the 3rd April, I then started with the estrogen on the 22nd so for me it was about 3 weeks, it wasn't too bad in the first few days, I had bit of a headache but then it cleared, but I did find it hard to concentrate on things and remember things too, it got better once I started on the estrogens.

I didn't have a base line scan or a mock cycle so can't help you with that

its midnight so its freakout time for kayla hmm not much sleep for me

tametortie Wed 29-May-13 07:42:45

I have a prescription from nurture for fanny candles.

They are pretty good- they give you all your prescriptions for a positive test at transfer.

DjuicyUnchained Wed 29-May-13 09:46:40

Mejust, this is a link to the Fertility Friends website. Have you ever looked at it? It's brill and I've found you the page to pick out your favourite 'First Time IVF Advice' thread. Try it...you might like it!

Good news on the fanny candles, Tortie.

Woke up at 4am to find one of my cats shitting on the carpet right beside the piss-poor excuse for a catflap. I think it was one of those 'dirty protests' favoured by prisoners sad

DjuicyUnchained Wed 29-May-13 09:57:34

Thinking of you today, Nokkie, sweetheart. Come and let us know the good news xx

Nokkie73 Wed 29-May-13 10:24:15

Cheers joos. Am really anxious. The appt isn't until 2pm so I am going to the gym for a quick brisk walk on the running machine and a swim beforehand - anything to distract me.

Are you ok ? X

Nokkie73 Wed 29-May-13 10:25:12

tame I really hope everything settles down for you today. Thinking of you. X

DjuicyUnchained Wed 29-May-13 10:34:05

Yeah, Nokk, chuck, I'm fine. I'm so unaffected by these drugs I can only imagine they're placebos hmm

2pm is no time in the day for a bloody scan, old girl. Hang on in there x

DjuicyUnchained Wed 29-May-13 10:34:52

Hey, where's ExpatWifey? Hope you're okay, my love x

tametortie Wed 29-May-13 12:53:18

Nokkie- thinking of you today!! smile Come back and let us know???

Djuicy- your pussy revolts me. Time for the 10kg bag of catsan....

AFM- still spotting/bleeding/leaving brown/red snail trails on my pants. Lots of snot and tears this morning, complete breakdown but feel better now I have spoken to my clinic. I LOVE THEM. The nurse was amazing- laid it on the line. It could be fine. it might not. Time will tell. Come in on Friday and we will do full bloods and book you a scan regardless. Don't bother with EPU- we will look after you. I'm in good hands.

And do you know what?? Its been 5 years since I last got pregnant. 5 years!!! And even if this doesn't work out, this little bean was sent as a sign that I CAN get pregnant. And at some point, I will have a baby. I think I needed this- I needed a sign that it could happen. The last clinic I was with, fucked my confidence so much I had convinced myself I couldnt do it. I even wondered how the hell I had got my DD, convinced myself that she was some kind of miracle.

I booked a phone consultation with Penny from Serum a few weeks back and just realised its tomorrow. I'm going to press her for a bit of info regarding the hidden C testing and immune testing etc. I might need the info, I might not but I booked it when I was in a dark place so I'm figuring I should chat stuff through with a fresh pair of eyes. I KNOW that I do not want to go to serum, but I'm very very intersted in their immune protocols. Particuarly now in light of recent events. My mum pointed out to me the other day that EVERY female in our family has had miscarriages, infertility and many have had multiple late pregnancy loss. There is only actually my auntie that managed to have more than one child- makes you wonder doesnt it???. .....I will update you all when I have spoken to her and see if she has any radical ideas that we can all pick apart and fantasise over. Equally, if there is anything anybody would like me to ask I can put a couple of 'a friend of mine...' questions to her!!! xxx

DjuicyUnchained Wed 29-May-13 13:07:55

TortallyLovely, how kind of you to think of us when you are so upset, and what brilliant news that you've been treated so kindly by your clinic. You know that Friday could very well be great news, don't you?

Have you been onto Fertility Friends Serum forum? Or their immunology site? Get chatting with other women about their Serum experience. Keep hold of that sanguine outlook about this pregnancy, you are right: you conceived and there's lots to be positive about, even during these uncertain times. Take courage, lovely thanks

mejust Wed 29-May-13 13:09:29

thanks for the link juicy ill take a look later .

tam i really hope everything works out for you ,i had 2 miscarriages and its so upsetting .
things may settle down for you fingers crossed x

tametortie Wed 29-May-13 13:36:08

We will see xxx The next few days could be a real mind fuck so bear with me...

I have had a look on the serum file on FF- there is a lady on there called Agate and the info she puts out there is amazing. I especially love her 'failed cycle' information- it helped us when we were preparing for this cycle and this has been our best yet.

The immune stuff is a real minefield and I do like the fact that Serum seem to treat some people as if they have immune issues even though they dont show up. When I e-mailed Serum they said they would give me clexane and intralipids whereas this time I have just been on prednisolone. I don't think I am being treated incorrectly, I just think its different school of thought and at the very least, if we had to cycle again I will be doing the hidden C testing. Apparently its been shown to improve sperm parameters as well as implantation.

Djuicy I just want to pick up on something you said yesterday about the uncertainty of being able to conceive. I started TTC quite young (26) and the whole thing has been 'fraught' to say the least. I spent a LONG TIME on mumsnet on the conception buses each month, with everyone graduating except me. One of the mumsnetters I used to speak to a lot e-mailed me the other day and literally, everyone I used to chat to on the temp buddies thread has gone on to have 1,2,3 children. I haven't. Its very painful and its a horrible feeling to be 'left behind' but please please please convince yourself that this is not going to happen to you. There are not a certain amount of BFP's handed out each month and somebody elses experiences do not influence yours. I know this is very airy fairy but you need to convince yourself that this WILL happen. There is no reason that it wont. You will be going to a great clinic and getting a lovely young birds eggs, be positive!!!!

I know I am a fine one to talk after spending a morning googling 'early pregnancy bleeding' but I really really do know how it feels to have these fears and unfortunately for me, mine were realised time and time again. Everybody around me graduating. It was only when I really started getting positive, proactive and shook things up that it seems things have moved in the right direction xxx

tametortie Wed 29-May-13 13:54:14

I'm pissing myself off with my proactivity now so im going to ram a 10kg bag of cat food kibbles up mu arse grin

twinklestar2 Wed 29-May-13 15:03:19

Really hope everything works out for you tame!

Thinking of you, nokkie.

As for me, AF came last night on cd28 which is very early for me. Didn't even cry or get upset anymore! Did secretly hope it was implantation bleed though.

When I woke up this morning she was still there so I've booked my appointment to have my scan (they need to check position of ovaries etc) and so I'm now officially off the TTC rollercoaster and onto the IVF one.

The lady at the clinic said I'll either start on cd21 or on CD2 can someone explain why? What's the difference between the two starts?

ExpatWifey Wed 29-May-13 15:12:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DjuicyUnchained Wed 29-May-13 15:17:37

Tortie, again, you are so very lovely to cheer me up when you are afraid. I'm an idiot and I forget sometimes I am nowhere near as battle-scarred as people like you who have fought and fought for these treatments and have endured these crushing times. I so hope Friday is great news for you and your husband. I love, love, love your obsession with ramming stuff up arses. You almost sound anally fixated grin

Ooh, I forgot to say: the very first time I came across FF I found the Agate site re learning from failed IVF. I learned more about the IVF process from that one article than all the other sources of info put together. Keep talking to us about your plans or ideas, Tortie, we'll always be honest with you x

Twinkle, my temps took a nosedive, too, this morning so period will be here bang on time tomorrow. I don't know about you but I was hoping for an eleventh hour miracle pre-IVF pregnancy. We're idiots, no? I promise the IVF rollercoaster will be a lot more fruitious than the shitty all-on-your-own-with-no-answers TTC one smile Sorry, can't help re day 2/21 starts. Could it be the difference between long protocol and short? confused

tametortie Wed 29-May-13 15:22:13

Twinkle- I started on day 18 so im totally stumped with day 2 or 21!

DjuicyUnchained Wed 29-May-13 15:24:46

Wifey! You're back! Golly, you're well on your way, young lady. I start Cetrotide injections next Friday (two days before I fly) and mine, too, need to be mixed with powder or some such shit. I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to stabbing myself. I am a weirdo around needles: I find them fascinating and a bit dangerous hmm

Look, you don't need to 'know' anyone in real life to get through this, you know. I promise - lots of people do this without ever telling their mother, sister, best friend, colleagues. You are not alone: you've got us raving lunatics. Keep talking and filling us in..we'll hold your hand x

ExpatWifey Wed 29-May-13 15:37:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DjuicyUnchained Wed 29-May-13 15:44:22

...and I will start stabbing on day 9 of my cycle, if that helps! confused Don't forget, though, I'm having donor eggs..

This thread is not accepting new messages.