Stupid question but is there anything I can do to make my period return?

(5 Posts)
dottypink313 Sun 26-May-13 11:25:02

I have a 4 month old and would like to TTC no.2, however my period still hasn't returned (not BF)

I would like my cycles to return so as we can begin work on next baby, but there's no sign!

I just have to wait, don't I? DH and I haven't been using contraception but I'm definitely not pg as there have been no signs of ovulation etc.

ZenOfPetals Sun 26-May-13 13:59:07

My periods went missing for a long time after giving birth, so I went to the doctor's and they tested my blood. Much too much prolactin. Have you had a blood test lately?

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 26-May-13 14:04:34

I think there are drugs that can induce the bleeding, but I don't think they will kick start ovulation.

On a more flippant note, buying and wearing an expensive pair of white knickers normally does the trick for me. Congrats on your baby and good luck.

Romann Sun 26-May-13 14:30:12

I got pg with ds3 before I got my period back after ds2 (he was about 5.5 months or something and I'd just stopped bfing). I think it's a bit early to bother with a blood test. If you're having sex 3x per week you could well get pg before you ever get a period. It took me a while to realise I was pg - thought I had food poisoning and that's why I felt so sick and tired, but got suspicious when it carried on without getting much better or worse!

gollygosh123 Sun 26-May-13 22:55:44

parsley tea( mega headache inducing tho) (took 1 day)
low carb (took 1 week)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now