FAO all BESH - SNF for those who frequently CBATM and occasionally SADAW after G&T. LOLs and BD will not be tolerated. IDs will WTP.

(1000 Posts)
CaptainMoll Sat 25-May-13 22:34:15

AYBESAAH? DYHIDWAP? DBDMYV? CYLTEPPC? DYLG? TTITFFY!

Anyone who can correctly translate the above messages wins a baybee.

(Or at the very least, the respect of the BESH).

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 17:15:18

booooooooooooooom grin

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 17:15:03

bosh

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 17:14:49

bang

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 17:14:44

bing

Northey Sun 23-Jun-13 16:19:23

That's a fabulous title.

Bye fred.

HesterShaw Sun 23-Jun-13 16:14:55

It''s a great title, Frank.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 23-Jun-13 15:58:45

New thread

Sorry it's not got a snappier title, but it's the best I could come up with grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 23-Jun-13 15:10:46

Hest and me are both OTD on Friday - 28th June

eurozammo Sun 23-Jun-13 15:07:30

hest I was similar sceptical about IVF after 2 failed IUIs and no diagnosis that could tell me WHY IVF might help. It got me diffed. I still fecking hate it though

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 14:42:49

Very good point. however, we have a stupid boring 50 page case study from which to draw which doesn't mention tax dodging and we are only allowed to draw from the case study hmm

HesterShaw Sun 23-Jun-13 14:40:15

You could add "and avoid paying tax".

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 14:38:18

fecking arse face, today is a pain in the arse. All I need to do is write 500 words on Amazon.com and diversification. Can I do that. No I fecking can't. Amazon sells stuff to people. On the internets. nuff said. That should be enough to get me top marks no?

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 14:30:14

Meh, it'll all probably work out fine for her to Hest. Some people just have text book lives. Born, grow up, fall in love, get married, have baby, have another. sad

HesterShaw Sun 23-Jun-13 14:14:29

Shit Rasp, I was feeling sorry for myself with a 45 minute drive. That sucks ass. As you say, hopefully it will be worth it.

How you doing Euro? <Joey Tribiani voice> Hope you're being looked after and cherished. It all sounds a bit horrid sad

I don't know what to think about doing Actual IVF. Technically after this one we still have 2 IUIs to go, but it all feels a little pointless. What would make IVF any different? Anyway.

I just had a ridiculously young, beautiful, clever, popular and probably very fertile friend pop by with her wedding invitation. She is so happy and optimistic, one of those golden people who everyone adores. I am insanely jealous.

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 14:06:58

oh blimey, I guess I just need to go with the flow. This is going to be a long 12 weeks I reckon. The thought of a 2.5 hr drive each way every couple of days isn't filling me with joy but hopefully it will all be worth it.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 23-Jun-13 14:05:30

hmm at being probed with marigold... What is your plan now fizzy? And ta for the smile you just put on my face!

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 23-Jun-13 14:04:46

Glad it is all over, euro. But it sounds pretty awful! Fingers crossed for maturity and good spaffing by KFZK.

Please join me norf if I make it that far the emotional side effects have arrived, take the scissors away from me now. Jee, this is SHITE. I am LP, mainly because it is easy for the clinic (and funded so no choice). I am sure we won't do it this way again by now.

Sympathies of the paperwork issue. When I signed up for IVF this round, they thought I wanted to do another IUI and had ticked the wrong box. That was a fraught trip to the dildo-cam appointment. I brought SB for moral support. Who incidentally has an infected finger and seems to feel more sorry for himself than for me...

RIght no POAF-ing going on then? sad When is OTD frank? And when is yours hest?

Waves from a baking lemon.

FizzyFeet Sun 23-Jun-13 14:04:22

Yep, a glove. The sight of its fingers waggling at me will stay with me for a long time <chatty>. It was one of those transparent disposable ones, though, not a big marigold or anything.

Northey Sun 23-Jun-13 13:56:15

My clinic put me on short protocol because I have PCOS! confused I think they said it was because of the risk of huperstimulation.

eurozammo Sun 23-Jun-13 13:49:00

How annoying norf. It must be really frustrating.

Ooo, frank. Happy menkulling!!

rasp, long protocol seems to be favoured where there is PCOS or the patient is young and hormone levels are high, or the clinic only opens on certain days. Basically it puts the hormone levels completely under the clinic's control as it throws you into menopause and then adds the hormones back. Short is done within one cycle as they don't need to shut your body down first.

In my experience some clinics favour one or the other, and some tailor to the individual.

Northey Sun 23-Jun-13 13:43:17

A rubber glove? With fingers and everything? What sort of dildo was it?

Can't be arsed POAFing. I last did it a week ago on cd55. Now on CD63. I don't feel remotely diffed though (both previous times I had definite boob heaviness by now).

I am glad I am not being left behind totally on the ivf front, anyway. It's bad enough being left behind by differs without being left behind on the treatment front as well.

Someone volunteer to start fred! I can't work out how to be funny about plumbers.

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 13:32:45

Fizzy! I can sympathise on the paperwork front. I should have been done and dusted last month on our MHS rounds but due to monumental paperwork cock ups we are only just getting to the FC baseline tests! It's so bloody stressful.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 23-Jun-13 13:32:27

Menkulling away quite happily thanks. Nips are still occasionally behaving like I'm walking round topless in the Arctic; been feeling off and on nauseous for a few days and yesterday I was so tired I fell asleep on the sofa mid revising at 1pm hmm

So that's all fuel to the fire! I'm trying very hard to be realistic and not get my hopes up tbh. Chart still looks good but I resolutely refuse to test early after last time.

Norf have you spoken to your clinic at all?

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 23-Jun-13 13:31:15

We might be yet Norf you never know, I've no idea what happens once I've had my tests. I just know that I then make an appointment to discuss results and way forward on my way out the door. Paperwork says that will be within a month of baseline tests. This clinic seems very chilled out though so I'm hoping it might be sooner.
If I was to do a long protocol, how long would that take and does anyone know what basis they decide on long or short on?

FizzyFeet Sun 23-Jun-13 13:28:45

Hmmm, have you POAF recently, norf?

I might be your ivf cycle buddy - though we're having problems even getting the fecking forms through. My hospital are brilliant at looking after you but I do despair about the paperwork sometimes.

Woohoo for dildocamming! The best one I've had was in Italy, where they sit you in a special stirrupy chair and cover the end of the dildo with a plastic glove!

This thread is not accepting new messages.