Temp rise but no EWCM and negative OPK, am I ovulating?

(3 Posts)
mirai Sat 25-May-13 05:13:24

This is my second month off the pill. Last cycle was 32 days. My chart looks good, a clear temp rise and FF has said I ovulated on CD16.

However, other than the temp shift I've had no EWCM (this month or last), negative OPKs and no ovulation pains. So am I ovulating?

I use the OPK at about 5pm is this ok? I had two days of watery CM on CD15/6 but it was creamy/opaque and definitely not clear.

Please advise me!!! smile

jennifer86 Sat 25-May-13 08:42:51

Sounds like it to me. I think a definite temp rise is the most certain way of telling whether you've ovulated or not, only downside of it being that you don't know until several days after the event so can't plan DTD around it or anything...! I never get proper EWCM -Usually watery rather than anything else, so I think you're ok from that pov. I haven't used OPKs myself, but my understanding is that the level is only raised for a few hours so you need to OPK several times per day around the time of ovulation (hence why I haven't bothered with these). Someone with more experience with them might be able to help more, though!

Happy SWI-ing.

mirai Sat 25-May-13 09:09:24

Ah, you see I learn more every day about these OPKs!! Glad to hear you think it's all ok, in fact you have really cheered me up there as I was getting worried! Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now