Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Evap line? Or my imagination?

(18 Posts)
amicusapple Fri 24-May-13 08:14:41

First of all, Hiya MN! Been lurking for a while and have finally got something worth posting about (or not as the case may be!)

I'm on Cd 30, average is usually 28 but can be anything from 25 to 31 days. I've just P'dOAS and can see the faintest ( not even sure it's there) line. Showed it to DH who says he can 'see where the line is meant to be'.

Can't post a picture cause its a really rubbish boots test with the tiny windows (that cast shadows all over where your line is meant to be!).

Meant to be going to a wedding this weekend (3 days away).

Can anyone describe their experience of evap lines / boots tests?

TY

Romann Fri 24-May-13 11:07:11

Sounds like a bfp to me if you can see the line, and it was within 10 mins or so of poas. It doesn't count if it was 3 hours later that you could see it. Do another test on Sunday morning and it should be clear

amicusapple Fri 24-May-13 12:25:45

Thanks for your reply Romann. I've been and bought a couple of cheapies to try later. Don't want to miss out on the wedding toasts if it turns out to be a false alarm! Although after 9 months ttc this is the closest I've felt to actually getting a bfp! smile

amicusapple Fri 24-May-13 12:26:41

Oh and the line did appear within 10 minutes but is verrrry faint.

PuppyMummy Fri 24-May-13 15:32:57

try a first response or superdrug own in the morning, they are supposed to be very sensitive

Romann Fri 24-May-13 16:27:49

If you can see the line it's a positive test, so skip the toasts! And congratulations flowers

amicusapple Fri 24-May-13 16:48:17

Eek!! Now to try and hope no one notices I'm not drinking!!

It doesn't feel real, especially as the line wasn't particularly convincing!!

grin

attilascupcakes Fri 24-May-13 16:52:53

I've got two Boots tests waiting for me in the drawer, so interesting to read that they are a bit crap for showing you a result. Bugger!
I would get a CB Digi which will tell you in words tomorrow morning - no more squinting at lines. Fingers crossed!

amicusapple Fri 24-May-13 16:58:49

Hi attillas. The test is only rubbish cause the line is so faint on my test! They will be perfectly good for a strong positive. Are you due to test soon?

moominlike Fri 24-May-13 22:44:35

Same thing happened to me last Sunday and 7 tests later I now believe it! First Response was good for me. Good luck smile

amicusapple Sat 25-May-13 10:11:02

Congratulations moomin!

I tried the cheapie this morning. Nothing in the first 10 minutes but faint line later. Not sure what to think! Going for a frer soon. Hope it's a bit more definitive.

FourLittleDudes Sat 25-May-13 10:15:57

I've always found superdrug to be really good. Fingers crossed for you :-)

attilascupcakes Sat 25-May-13 11:31:56

Well I tried my Boots one this morning and got a definite BFN - no hint of a line at all. Which leads me to think that your faint line really must be a line! grin
Hope the FR is clearer!

amicusapple Sat 25-May-13 12:07:14

Got aCB digital. Pregnant 1-2 weeks! So exciting! gringringringrin

amicusapple Sat 25-May-13 12:11:12

Hi attilas, just noticed your post. Sorry about your pfb. I'll keep fingers crossed for you x

attilascupcakes Sat 25-May-13 12:14:54

Yayayayayayay!!!! smile smile smile Now you can properly celebrate, congratulations!!!!!!

amicusapple Sat 25-May-13 13:25:59

Thank you smile

moominlike Sun 26-May-13 04:53:49

Congratulations!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now