Faint line after ten minutes

(20 Posts)
moominlike Sun 19-May-13 21:39:44

POAS today as have got a big event this week and was planning on a wine or two. Have only been ttc a few weeks after coming off the pill so I know it's highly unlikely I'm pregnant BUT there is a very faint second line (Tesco test). Also it didn't appear within the 3 mins specified. Thought nothing of it and left it on the side, a bit later (prob more than 10 mins) looked again and there it was. Have seen evaporation lines mentioned - is it likely to be this?!

Thanks smile

InsanelyBrainDeprived Sun 19-May-13 21:40:59

Pictures?

clabsyqueen Sun 19-May-13 21:52:44

3 mins is not always enough. I once threw my stick in the bin in disgust and disappointment at the lack of line after 3 minutes. Went back to the couch to polish off a few glasses of wine. Looked at it again the next morning for some reason and saw a line. 'The line' is now 21 months old. Still worry about those (large) couple of glasses.

moominlike Sun 19-May-13 22:18:12

I have added pics (I think!) not sure how well it shows on them though but it's definitely visible with the naked eye, albeit very faint.

Thanks clabsyqueen was dubious as it says don't read result after ten mins. Should I try another in the morning maybe when hormone is meant to show strongest?

Beccadugs Sun 19-May-13 22:27:50

I would try first thing in the AM!

Good luck!!

clabsyqueen Sun 19-May-13 22:32:16

Try again in the morning and good luck! There's a very good chance...stay off the vino til then (although a 6am Monday morning tipple might be a little weird)

Kittenkatzen Sun 19-May-13 22:37:15

I did this on New Year's Eve....got the faintest of faint lines on a "just to be sure" test before going out - we'd been trying a while but i wasn't late yet and you really had to angle it right and squint to see anything. Convinced myself it was evap and went out and had a bottle glass or two.

Niggly doubts on New Year's Day, sent DH out for a FRER.....am now 23+3 smileblush

Get another test and try again tomorrow - good luck!!

moominlike Mon 20-May-13 07:53:02

Same thing this morning, very faint line but not until around 9mins (yes I timed it!).

Probably best I try another brand? Any recommendations?

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 20-May-13 07:55:12

I'd get some of the cheapie ones if you can wait a couple of days, or try a super drug one they've both worked for me a couple if days before I was due on.

clabsyqueen Mon 20-May-13 19:40:16

I think there's a VERY good chance that this is a positive. I'm not sure there's very much between the more expensive brands or even if they're more reliable. If you can spare the cash then get a 'top of the range' version to put your mind at rest or just wait a few more days and keep using the cheapies til you can be sure.

moominlike Mon 20-May-13 22:52:21

5 tests later and I am skint!

Tried a Superdrug test and came up even fainter than previous and took about 5 mins too. So then tried a First Response (bought one of each today) and bingo - a clearer second line and this time under 3 mins. At this point I thought this could actually be it! I had to know so back off to the shops for a digital. Pregnant 1-2 weeks grin partner and I both in shock but so happy!

Will arrange a blood test ASAP as I don't think we'll believe it till then!

Thanks for the advice everyone smile

Congratulations! By the way, you won't get a blood test on the NHS, they take your word for it smile

Wow! Congratulations :D

moominlike Mon 20-May-13 23:25:05

Oh really? I just assumed that was the norm!

Thanks smile can't sleep now!

Kittenkatzen Mon 20-May-13 23:36:21

Yay congrats OP!! grin

BNmum Tue 21-May-13 08:04:22

Congratulations!

InsanelyBrainDeprived Tue 21-May-13 13:16:45

Congratulations

clabsyqueen Tue 21-May-13 19:25:19

Congratulations! How nice. Seems like the more expensive ones react a bit faster - better for peace of mind and staying off the booze! I always thought it was weird that the NHS just take your word for it but as the other poster said you won't get a blood test on the NHS and I wouldn't waste money on a private test. Good luck with everything.

moominlike Wed 22-May-13 17:49:33

Thanks! News is still sinking in, POAS again today and got a definite line under 3 mins using tesco test so I think I was just testing too early!

I think maybe it's more to do with which brands can detect the earliest, ie how many days before AF is due, rather than price... plus I was most pissed off when a clear blue digital went wrong, at 7 quid a time shock

AndMiffyWentToSleep Wed 22-May-13 18:52:21

Oh my, how exciting! Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now