Ahhhh why does time go so slowly when you are waiting to POAS!!!

(77 Posts)
Tigglettchic Sat 18-May-13 22:21:14

I am going mad,

Cycle 2 and AF due on Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday depending on what chart you go by!!

Anyone got any ideas of how to pass the time whilst waiting to POAS??

Also, anyone else had enflamed nasal passages as a pregnancy symptom??

Madness over and out.......

Romann Tue 21-May-13 11:59:56

You have to take your temperature every morning, before you get out of bed, and after you've been continuously asleep for at least 3 hours. It should go up around 0.1oC or 0.2oC after ovulation, and then it's triphasic if there's another sustained jump at implantation. If it plummets, you know AF is about to arrive. The thing about the triphasic part is that apparently you tend to get higher levels of progesterone around a week after ovulation anyway, which makes your temp go up. So a triphasic chart means you're more likely to be pregnant, but it's no guarantee. And if it's not triphasic, it doesn't mean that you're not.

The best thing about it is that it gives you something to indulge your ttc obsession grin . If you go to fertility friend you can put in your temps and other symptoms and it makes you a pretty graph and tells you how likely it is you are pg etc

attilascupcakes Tue 21-May-13 19:19:18

Charting has worked for lots of my friends Romann. I'm too lazy to be bothered with a thermometor before I've even woken up properly!

I'm sorry for your loss Measure. I hope this month will be lucky for you.

My symptoms now include heartburn and dizziness. Both cured by eating a big doughnut grin I'm going to hold off testing until Sunday if I possibly can....

Tigglettchic Tue 21-May-13 19:50:34

hi all, banning the poas till saturday!!

hows eveyone?

HungryHippo89 Tue 21-May-13 19:55:02

Hi all!! I'm due af on Monday but i caved this morning and POAS of course it was a bfn ... That should teach me for being impatient!

Good luck ladies - I hope we all get to reportback here with bfp's

NotSoSuper Tue 21-May-13 21:07:13

Hi hungry
Oh attilas those symptoms sound promising!
I'm going to try and hold of until Saturday to test, not feeling hopeful though. Anyone else not having any symptoms?
Might take a look at that website romann if I do get a bfn this month

Beccadugs Tue 21-May-13 22:18:44

Hi all, I am going to test Saturday (probably said this before!!)

I'm not sure if I am having symptoms, or this is me normally, or if I am imagining it, but: feel sick, bloated, gassy thirsty, and weird mouth tast.

Had to google "what does bloating feel like" earlier blush as I've never had/paid attention to this feeling before...

Tigglettchic Tue 21-May-13 22:18:51

where do u buy your magic themometer thingy from?? guessing it has to be super precise??

Romann Wed 22-May-13 07:39:14

I don't have a very precise thermometer but I do think it would be worth getting one. You could look for a basal body temperature one, with 2 decimal points. If I was in the UK I'd ask at Boots or buy it from Amazon or something (no idea why they deliver books abroad, but not pregnancy tests or thermometers confused ).

Pudgy2011 Wed 22-May-13 19:13:39

Balls. I caved and just POAS - negative but not unexpected. Far too early, am only 9 dpo, not due until Monday!

Definitely going to wait it out now until the weekend but the intermittent nausea is throwing me off. Probably remnant of the bug I had for the last few days but it's very unnerving!

Tigglettchic Wed 22-May-13 19:45:32

happy waiting. i got despondent after my bfn on monday but i will now wait. i am just dreading getting my af!

NotSoSuper Wed 22-May-13 20:33:32

I got my pregnancy tests I ordered from amazon this morning so it's going to take all the will power I've got not to POAS till at least Friday or Saturday! Argh the days are going by far to slowly!!

attilascupcakes Thu 23-May-13 11:18:49

They are! I am 10 dpo today, which was the day I got my bfp with DD. I must try and wait, and not waste a fiver by peeing too early! grin

NotSoSuper Thu 23-May-13 13:37:20

Well I've started getting cramp so think af is def on it's way sad trying not to be too disappointed.
When we decided to try last time we got our bfp on the first month. Think I'd convinced myself the same would happen this time because I just want to be pregnant again so badly.
Sorry for going on just don't have many people to talk to in rl as had only told a few people about my pregnancy before the miscarriage and trying to keep a brave face.

Romann Thu 23-May-13 15:47:17

Early pregnancy can feel like AF super so it might still be ok. I don't feel in the least bit pg, with AF due Sunday. I'm thinking of poas tomorrow morning, but at the same time it seems daft to waste €8 just to get AF 2 days later confused and a bfn is meaningless until AF late anyway. <Sits on hands, keeps wallet closed>

Beccadugs Thu 23-May-13 16:39:25

I am feeling exactly the same super so clinging desperately to Romann's point!

I am driving myself nuts with symptom spotting. Headaches and nausea today...

Tigglettchic Thu 23-May-13 20:22:49

we are nutty but i am pleased we hav each other!! i am sick of spotting symptoms asi cant remember whether i used to pee this much!!!

the brain is a curios item!!

NotSoSuper Thu 23-May-13 20:55:10

It's so nice to know it's not just me that is driving myself crazy!
Still not a clue whats going on with me so will cling to romann's point for a little bit of hope but we shall see.
tiggle it sure is. Wish mine had an off switch sometimes!

attilascupcakes Fri 24-May-13 14:27:27

Another crazy one here. I'm so sick of symptom spotting. I just want to know now but at the same time I don't want to poas and get a negative. I'm seriously driving myself round the bend!

NotSoSuper Fri 24-May-13 14:37:13

No more symptom spotting for me this month af has shown up a day early. Was expecting it but still so disappointed. Still keeping my fingers crossed for everyone to get their bfp though!

Beccadugs Fri 24-May-13 17:34:03

Ah poo super I'm sorry AF got you.

Tigglettchic Fri 24-May-13 19:32:48

sorry super, better luck next month xx

NotSoSuper Fri 24-May-13 20:12:52

Thanks becca & tiggle x will just need to try even harder this cycle!
So when is everyone else testing so we can hopefully get some good news on here.

Tigglettchic Fri 24-May-13 20:23:59

i am testing tomorrow. got bfn on monday but was only day 29 of usual 31 day cycle. am not day 34 and got nipples of fire!!! no other signs of af

excited but reticent as dont want bfn!!

Beccadugs Fri 24-May-13 21:16:00

My app says AF due tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I ovulated on 13th, which, with my usual luteal phase means AF should actually arrive on Monday. Going to try to hold off until at least then... (Desperate to POAS though!)

Romann Fri 24-May-13 21:39:32

Sorry about that super

I'm due AF on Sunday. I'm pretty sure I can feel it coming on, but I'll test on Monday if it doesn't show.

Test manufacturers must have made a killing out of early response tests. I bet the vast majority are used by women who go on to get AF anyway. Let's not be part of the gullible crowd lining their pockets!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now