ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.
A niggling feeling...(7 Posts)
Hi all I'm new to posting on Mumsnet (although I have been lurking for a while). I don't know what I'm expecting in terms of responses, but I just felt like I needed to write some stuff down. So firstly, I am on the pill so the chances of being pregnant are pretty slim. I have been incredibly broody for the last 1 1/2 years, after having a slight pregnancy 'scare' Jan 2012. My partner and I would both love to have a baby, however we're not in the most ideal situation right now, as we're both still studying (we're both 24 this year), hence why we are still protecting against. The last couple of weeks a feel like I have been experiencing symptoms, however I'm sure they can all be attributed to something else.
1. I have been so so tired, really struggling to get up in the morning, feeling the need to have a catnap almost every day. I have also been sleeping quite badly the last few nights. So obviously that could be the cause of the tiredness, and I may be sleeping badly because all I am thinking about are baby things.
2. I am always hungry. I just eat and eat and eat. Last night I had a huge meal and was stuffed after. Then a couple of hours later I was lying in bed starving. I have also had a few occasions this week where I have woken up in the night because of hunger.
3. I have thrush, which I think this has developed over the last couple of days. From what I have read it is common throughout pregnancy, and for some this is the first hint that they may be pregnant. However, I did have thrush a few years ago so maybe its just recurring?
4. I have had a mild headache this past week and intermittent feelings of nausea. But I was ill about 2 weeks ago so maybe it's just not completely cleared...
5. Now this one sounds like I'm really clutching at straws - I have read that people who have cats find that they become really affectionate as they can sense the pregnancy. My cat has not, however she has started over grooming herself causing a large bald patch, which could either be due to her flea allergy or stress.
I know the answer to all this would be to do a pregnancy test, oh I've done my fair share this week! af is not actually due till sunday so I know I have been testing too early. But my last 'period' was unusually short, which is what got me testing originally. Well if you have got this far, well done, sorry I've rambled a bit, I just needed to tell someone. I feel a bit daft telling dp as chances are it is nothing.
You're right that it is a bit early to test reliably - I had two negatives, one two days before AF and the other on the day AF was due. Am currently 25 weeks pg (got a bfp a week or so later).
You may be pg although it does seem unlikely. Test again in a week (I know the waiting is torturous!) and then if still negative, get to the doctors and tell them your symptoms.
When do you finish studying? It does make sense to finish first. However if you're so desperate to TTC that you're becoming obsessed/miserable you need to talk to your partner and put a firm plan in place for when you are going to start trying.
I am with the Open Uni and I am due to finish either end of 2014 or 2015 depending on how I take my modules. If I finish 2015 that would be taking just one module a year for 2 years so I would have lots of spare time. DP finishes this time next year. I am definitely becoming way too obsessed, that's why I fear I am actually symptom spotting. On a side note, do you, or anyone, know if it is safe/effective enough to use caneston for the thrush if it has been open a while? It is still in date (expires end of this year), but I think it has been open about 2 years.
Im sorry i havent really got much else to say other than what lemon has but please do let us know how you get on xx
Best to buy a new tube I reckon, m'dear!
Maybe have a chat with DP and be really honest about how you feel.
Well I had a very light pale red bleed yesterday which I've never had before, and again this morning, but now it seems like my normal af, so looks like its just decided to arrive early. Did another test today, obviously still negative. I think I'm just going to have to let it go for now
Aw, right. Well you and your DP can really enjoy planning when to start your family and TTCing at just the right time
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now
Already registered with Mumsnet? Log in to leave your comment or alternatively, sign in with Facebook or Google.
Please login first.