TTC after ectopic

(5 Posts)
ThoughtfulOne Wed 15-May-13 20:18:30

There are a few old threads on this but I thought I would see if there is anyone else out there?

X

MushiMushi Fri 17-May-13 08:19:36

Hello! I'm ttc #1 after having an ectopic a couple of years ago. My tube ruptured and was removed. It's really scary isn't it, I'm terrified the same thing will happen again and I'll be left with no tubes. I spoke to my GP a couple of weeks ago and he reassured me that as soon as I get a positive pregnancy test he'll do the hsg doubling blood test, and that I'd be able to have an early scan.
I've technically not even started trying yet, just been getting all the boring stuff out of the way, like smears and MMR jabs and STD testing. My period is due next week so after that I'm all set!

nextphase Fri 17-May-13 08:33:50

No longer TTC, but just a good news story for you both - My first pregnancy was ectopic, and tube removed. I now have 2 little boys, both conceived within 2 months of TTC.
Yes, it was scary from getting that little line, but the EPU were brill, and I got scans at 6 weeks, DS1 then got another scan at 8 weeks, as there was no heartbeat, and then a dating scan for each of them.

Good luck with your journey.

MushiMushi Fri 17-May-13 09:33:44

Thanks nextphase, always nice to hear a good success story smile

ThoughtfulOne Fri 17-May-13 12:29:18

Thanks for the success story and thanks mushi for joining me. It's not a great place to be but it helps to know I'm not alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now