We laugh in the face of OPKS and stomp on our thermometers! Don your customised shag capes, ladies; it's Just Shagging Thread 15

(1000 Posts)
Bearface Wed 15-May-13 18:12:39

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly OPKs or temp charting. They are Contraband.

The link to Part 14 is here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1674505-Out-with-the-OPKs-ban-the-body-temping-heres-Just-Shagging-thread-14

The link to the latest grads thread is here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1699553-Shagged-Out-Viroids-7th-Thread-From-conception-to-birth-living-proof-that-JSing-really-does-work

Happy shagging shaggers!

EssieSaysRelax Wed 03-Jul-13 13:12:24

Sperm Meets Egg Plan....

SMEP Link

EssieSaysRelax Wed 03-Jul-13 13:13:09

it is of course strictly out of bounds for all jsers...

ChocChaffinch Wed 03-Jul-13 14:16:59

what is OPK -
ovulation what? kit?

EssieSaysRelax Wed 03-Jul-13 14:21:09

Ovulation Predictor Kit I think? Only a guess cos of course I've never used them.

ChocChaffinch Wed 03-Jul-13 14:23:21

thanks Essie, I've always wondered that.

Didn't realise day 1 - 1st day of period.

EssieSaysRelax Wed 03-Jul-13 14:26:14

These are all things I have learned via the mine of information that is this fred. I had no frigging idea before and not much more of a clue now.

DulcetMoans Wed 03-Jul-13 16:51:48

Didn't even think about SMEP being against the rules essie. In which case I won't be doing it of course...

Bearfacedchic Wed 03-Jul-13 17:38:13

Yay MrsBri- congrats! And what a lovely name too! X

Hi Kally- nice to meet you. Yes, the banging did stop eventually after driving me mad for a few hours.

Snot is still lurking but only a bit. I've given it to DH now too. Not sure what's going on with my ov this month. Think it could be about to happen but then I thought that a few days ago and now I'm going through it all again. I think body was gearing up and then gave up at the tinsel hurdle. So hopefully it's just about to happen now.

Feeling über knackered. Might have a leetle gnap. Zzzzzzz

Bearfacedchic Wed 03-Jul-13 17:39:38

Tinsel= final (I prefer tinsel though!)

Bearfacedchic Wed 03-Jul-13 17:45:35

Oh yes and I forgot to say: no, Andie- not me peering on anything everything <shakes head> Not me. Nooo.

Dulcet- sometimes ov can be delayed by stress of just really daft things like not enough sleep, too much exercise, too much caffeine, pretty much anything you can think of really so I wouldn't worry. It could me that we are able to congratulate you on a BFP very soon though. grin POAS- go on! <naughty bear cape flaps about in breeze>

cookielove Wed 03-Jul-13 21:57:58

Spoken to dh with regards to smep. Will be doing it this month. I realise that none of you use opk's but just in case you do what time do you use them? ?

DulcetMoans Wed 03-Jul-13 22:50:19

Sorry bear, guess I didn't say outright but I am out. hmm ERTD showed up yesterday and I am currently considering the game plan for July. Onto cycle 11... Not sure what led to such a late ov but I am pleased in a way that ERTD was delayed in line as at least it left 10-11 days literal phase which seems consistent. Should be long enough?

Cookie - depends on the stick I think. Most of them say to not use FMU and use in the afternoon instead but I know some of the clear blue ones say to use FMU.

Rockchick1984 Wed 03-Jul-13 23:30:55

Cookie I used them around 2pm, as I don't tend to drink a lot in the morning then have a brew at lunch so haven't been for a wee for a few hours at that point smile I thought I got a peak a few times but when the 2 lines are pretty much identical is when you get a peak, its not like with a pregnancy test where a line is a line. Not that you will be using them obviously, just for future reference grin

Sorry you're out Dulcet flowers I have a 10 day literal phase and got upduffed twice (well, 3 times if you count DS) so should be plenty long enough for you.

Bear how long til the referral? I still think it'll happen naturally for you but even if it doesn't, it'll happen with a bit of help. I know it's not quite the same thing but I remember obsessing while pregnant with DS about wanting the perfect birth, it didn't happen exactly how I wanted and I was gutted for a while. Do you know what though? At some point the birth didn't matter any more as I had my amazing little boy, and it just paled into insignificance. Pretty sure if you and DH need some help getting pregnant you won't care how it happens once your holding your little bear cub in your arms smile

Bearfacedchic Wed 03-Jul-13 23:45:07

Sorry Dulcet for Ertd. sad sorry too that I seem to have either forgotten or misread. How stupid of me! blush

Right Cookie, come over here and I'll tell you what I know. Shhhhh.

Okay, it's best to use second urine of the day. Obvs read the packet first. I, ahem, have used Internet cheapies and I found it best to use smu for me as in the afternoon nothing shows up. So I guess it depends on how early you get up, but I get up at 6.30 and go for a wee around 10.30 which is usually my second as I can't go between leaving the house and then. Anyway, enough of my wee habits. But remember- shhhhh.

Bearfacedchic Wed 03-Jul-13 23:55:12

Thanks for the wise words and lovely message Rock. smile I do hope you're right as I'm on other Fred's where are people are going through IVF or similar and it sounds do traumatic. I really feel for them.

Our referral is on 25th of this month. I know they'll just ask lots of awkward questions and then refer us for more tests but at least it gets the ball rolling. I know what you mean about everything else melting away once baby bear appears, but it gets harder and harder to visualise as time goes on. One of the reasons I joined another Fred was so I could offload and not bring everyone down. I know you lovely folks would all say it's fine and not to worry about it, but I don't want to dishearten or depress anyone and my down feelings are becoming more frequent, so I thought it best to find somewhere I can offload a bit more with ladies in a similar situation. So, in short, it's nothing personal, but I'm just a bit of a Fred whore I guess! grin Anyhoo, don't know how I ended up on this tangent but thanks again for the lovely thoughts and words Rock.

ChocChaffinch Thu 04-Jul-13 09:09:24

Bear my Mum took 7yrs to get pg
7 long years! I'm not sure she was doing it right grin BOAK

all you can do is keep on truckin' thanks

commsgirl Thu 04-Jul-13 10:20:34

Just a general question about testing. Do you involve your DP every time you test? I don't want to exclude him but I'm pretty sure the novelty will wear off and he'll just start thinking I'm a crazy POAS lady. Maybe surprise is better?

ChocChaffinch Thu 04-Jul-13 10:54:20

nah I don't, but this time would be my 3rd, dh is an old campaigner!
this time im POAS a lot though. Maybe if All the stars were in line, ie period late, and a good chance, then Id get him involved

EssieSaysRelax Thu 04-Jul-13 11:32:49

Nah I can't cope with my own disappointment, seeing his face too when there's a bfn would probably finish me off! He knows I test and he scrapes me up off the floor when I get down about it.

We are not doing well this month, need to shag more, we're both so trashed, work is a nightmare. When can I give up? Oh yeah, when I've got a bfp. hmm

ChocChaffinch Thu 04-Jul-13 11:44:33

dunks Essie in the pity pool

It will happen. it WILL! it will and it will, when your body is ready and the ingredients are good smile
keep trying, blast work and do the best you can, then when you get some downtime focus on that lovely man you've got right there and show him some romance grin

ChocChaffinch Thu 04-Jul-13 11:46:07

here's a question

how do I get dh off C.O.D and onto me? grin

EssieSaysRelax Thu 04-Jul-13 11:54:54

Whats C.O.D?

I think we may need to employ a lifeguard at the pity pool!

ChocChaffinch Thu 04-Jul-13 12:01:29

call Of Duty an xbox thingie that he loves more than me.

ChocChaffinch Thu 04-Jul-13 12:02:10

<divebombs Essie >

commsgirl Thu 04-Jul-13 12:11:32

choc C.O.D vs shagging strategies.. Definitely don't nag. Play it with him, DP thinks it's 'hot'. Stand in front of the tv naked. Or just hold his controller to ransom. My DP has 4 hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.