Taking No Nonsense and Brooking No Argument We Get Our BFP's, with or without assistance!

(989 Posts)
Solars Wed 15-May-13 10:13:35

So who's next in line for that BFP???

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 17-May-13 04:46:26

Excellent news keep congratulations to mrkeep thanks
Which brookers will yoube living near to?

sweetie you're going to be a MWEPP woohoo. Has it sunk in yet?

ScarlettInSpace Fri 17-May-13 07:21:12

keep great news i bet thatsa relief!

cups sorry to hear about your shitty treatment, despite the twunt consultant I saw at the start and a few minor niggles my NHS clinic has been really good, it makes me realise how lucky Ive been - In thd beginning I rang my pct to complain about twunty cons and they were very helpful [even though they didn't let me move clinics, but I'm glad now cos I contacted a different cons instead and Im glad I did, she's fab] must be worth a call though?

Well I've got to go see a customer today ON A FRIDAY! Inconsiderate mofo... Can't believe it's been a week already! Brookers when should I test, weds? I want to wait til Friday but I don't know if I can... I was thinking Monday lol!

Acu said all my pulses are strong and she said it was looking good, still feel like I need a poo lol but no other symptoms this morning... Just feel like I daren't think it could happen after everything I've already been through Ive tried really hard not to, can't cope with the crash of disappointment again sad

My goodness it's been busy in here!!

Keep that's brilliant news!! Bet you are both so chuffed! When do you move back?

Solars that's fantastic news too! Hope your little op goes well today! That's interesting about the milk!

How are you feeling now Cups?

Scarlett I would have no idea when to test. I know what you mean about the disappointment. Im gearing myself up for that already.

Beedles when's your next scan?

When do you start jabbing Geek?

Hope you're doing ok Sweetie

Lovely to see some old brookers back smile

ControlGeek Fri 17-May-13 08:04:45

sweetie was this your clinic? It certainly worked for you! Hopefully more clinics will start to get these on board soon.

keep that is a-bloody-mazing!!! Can't wait for you to come and have coffee with me and sparks grin

scarlett oh lovely I'm brooking so hard for you. You've done everything you possibly can. How many days past IUI would next Wednesday be? This game is such a horrible emotional rollercoaster, it's impossible not to get your hopes up, no matter how much you want to protect yourself from disappointment. Do you have a plan B? <holds hand>

ControlGeek Fri 17-May-13 08:16:20

...Need to remember to refresh the page before posting!

maybe I have to phone the clinic the day AF starts, which is expected to be next Friday (a week today! Eeek!). I'm going to call them Friday morning regardless, since it's a bank holiday weekend and I'm worried about the delay that may have. I'll start jabbing probably on the Tuesday/Wednesday of the following week. Are you excited for today's imminent drugs delivery? grin

SweetieTime Fri 17-May-13 08:29:50

maybe yes we were with Care, but Sheffield not Manchester where the study was carried out. The costs at the bottom made me laugh though, not sure who made them up!!! The embiscope was £750 but the IVF treatment was a lot more than £3000 quoted.

Scarlett I am so hopeful for you this time. I hope it all works out for you.

Cup how are you feeling after the last few days?

Sounds like you lot are all for the med and jabbing very soon. The jabbing is fine, just try to keep sane. Time seems to slow right down but at least something is happening. I found the waiting the hardest.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 17-May-13 08:58:57

Scarlett I hear you over not getting your hopes up. If you can find a way to not do it let me know! Seriously I know it bloody hurts but I guess if we didn't get our hopes up we probably wouldn't be putting ourselves through all this. I'm brooking so hard for you, you have to keep telling yourself you have done all you can. It's out of your hands now thanks

Keep fantastic news on DHs job. At least you can start looking for places to live etc. Are you both looking forward to coming back?

Sweetie wow god I really don't know what I would do with 4 babies shock it certainly is a miracle though after ttc for 10 years! The private clinic I can transfer to is care manchester. I have to do at least 1 cycle at the nhs hospital & it depends on the pct agreeing to transfer funding. Congrats on becoming a MWEPP

Maybe v exciting about your drugs. I guess when you get them it will seem very real.

Geek good idea to call the clinic on Friday regardless. I hope AF is considerate with her timing for once smile

I don't really want to complain to the pct as I've already complained over their initial refusal of funding and managed to get myself moved up the waiting list. Their criteria is you must be ttc for 3 years before being referred for IVF. We are only just at 3 years now. I still feel down about it all tbh I'm planning on kicking up a massive fuss if they even try to refuse me next time.

On a good note DH and I went out last night. We drank non alcoholic beer blush and managed some nice SFF. Also I've got an auto electrician coming to look at my car today so fingers crossed he'll fix the problem.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 17-May-13 09:04:37

Solars good luck for the hysteroscopy today. Brooking it all goes smoothly. I can't believe you are supposed to drink 1 litre of milk shock I really hate milk, I was allergic to cows milk as a baby. I can have it now but only have tiny amounts in tea and cereal as I hate the taste. I'd have to disguise it in a milkshake or hot chocolate smile

ControlGeek Fri 17-May-13 11:04:54

yes solars very best of luck today! What time is your appointment? Your clinic starts ever so early - I would have to get up at about 5am if I had a 7.30 appointment!

cups well done on the lovely night out and the SFF. I'd forgotten you'd already had to complain to get referred, but haven't the NICE guidelines recently been changed to bring the time down to two years (one year for over 35s)?

I'm not looking forward to the milk drinking. I haven't yet been told to do this by my clinic but if it is generally considered to be A Good Thing then I will probably do it anyway as it surely can't harm.

I've just found out one of the WI ladies is on mn and we have accidentally conversed confused <-- wibble

Scarlett I'd try a frer on weds but then I'm v.impatient. I can't see it being a bfn though as we've been fairly lucky here of late so long may it continue.
yay for keep coming home!
cups how are you doing? what's the plan?
feck I can't remember what else I've just read... hang on......

good luck solars and also yuk on the milk drinking. I couldn't do it so gross.
geek hope the witch arrives on schedule so you can get things moving along.
I've got a really good feeling for us all at the moment and I'm sure it won't be long until all brookers are diffed fact!

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 17-May-13 11:25:19

Well I've been really brave, I've phoned the clinic and spoken to one of the nurse's. I asked her to explain exactly why I need to attend the teach session. Apparently it's a pre op assessment as well for egg collection. I told her I was unhappy with the way things have gone so far. I mentioned about the bloods & she said it doesn't matter as they will repeat them as soon as I'm accepted. I also told her I've been on fertility friends and I know that people have been accepted for treatment this month who were referred after me and I'm really unhappy about it. She apologised and says she has made a note of all my concerns. So we will see if it helps or not blush

keepitgoing Fri 17-May-13 11:32:14

Oh well done cups! That's weird others have been accepted, but now they know not to mess with a brooker. Is mrcups being useful or just leaving you to sort it all... Proud of you.

ControlGeek Fri 17-May-13 11:37:20

Oh cups well done my lovely! That really was a super-brave thing to do. I've got my gingers crossed that it does the trick - particularly that bit about others who were referred after you being accepted before you. That's really not on. T'internet is a wonderful thing, and really puts power back in the hands of the patient/client, especially when we can get to talk to others undergoing the same or similar treatment.

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 17-May-13 11:41:53

Well done cups There is nothing wrong with complaining (unless you start shouting and screaming and threatening people). Hopefully this will ensure you get accepted next month. Its not fair that people who were referred after you have been accepted this month, but maybe its just due to the weird (to me) way your clinic organise stuff. If their AF started just before yours maybe they were able to ring up and get the last available teach appointment.

Our clinic seeemd to work on the idea of referral, 3 month wait, appointment to meet doc and agree provisional start dates dependant on expected date of next AF and when they had time available for EC. I assume they book a certain number of people in for EC each week (and then hope that they're not all ready on teh same day grin )

yay cups I'm so glad ur standing ur ground, show them that they shouldnt mess with you.
I guess we all have to be pro active and really push to get what we want. look out for number one.

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 17-May-13 11:42:50

geek what are your gingers? Are they like imps fingers but red? grin

ControlGeek Fri 17-May-13 11:52:08

oops beedle blush guess I was caught 'red-handed' on that one grin I can't even blame it on the phone as I'm sneakily mning on my work pc this morning!

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 17-May-13 12:03:56

Geek grin at Gingers!

Beedle that is it exactly, if my AF had been a few days earlier then I might have got in. I've just been on fertility friends, some poor girl has just requested for the 3rd time only to be told that she needs to get her MMR. When she saw the consultant she was told she didn't need to have it and it wouldn't delay treatment. As I'm sure most of you know you have to wait a certain number of weeks after before ttc. I really feel for her.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 17-May-13 12:05:45

Oh and MrCups is doing nothing of course. Typical bloke, although he offering lots of hugs and moral support. There's no way he would be on the phone sorting things out though!

Oh Cups well done you. Do you feel better for it? MrM is also rubbish at sorting things out. How lucky they are to have us wink

So, my drugs have just arrived. I feel sick looking at them. I do have a snazzy purple bag to put them in though grin. Now I have to try and get a medical certificate so I can fly with the drugs. Not sure whether to ask clinic or GP though.

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 17-May-13 12:18:29

I've been very lucky with MrB phoning up the clinic for me (twice!) -though if I was completely fluent in the language I am sure he wouldn't have done it. He phoned to chase our very first appointment last year and phoned to chase up our IVF referral, which made them realise they had forgotten to put us on the list. I'm very glad he rang them.

maybe when are you starting? have you got a little holiday planned too?

Solars Fri 17-May-13 12:30:37

Cups I'm very proud of you and I'm brooking this will guarantee you are good to go with everything next month. I wonder what criteria they work on??

Maybe perhaps try the clinic first seeing as they prescribed them? It is amazing how much stuff you will be injecting yourself with over the next month or so!

Geek hehe, ginger! I was up at 5am to get in for 6.30am, luckily I was told not to shower this morning so it would have been earlier! Procedure was done at 8am and I was home before 11am. Just resting up now. The milk is supposed to help with increasing your protein content, I would go for it whether or not you clinic advises it. I'm not a milk fan either and yesterday I coud only manage 1/2 litre as it was so filling and I was only told about it late morning anyway. I'm going to try smoothies in the morning, hopefully that will make it go down easier.

I haven't looked at your link yet Sweetie but think its the same article I read in the metro yesterday shock congrats at becoming MWEPP too!

Great news about DH's job Keep you glad to be coming back now? We always reminisce about our year out but you guys will have even fonder memories as it is where little kip was concieived x

Scarlett Wednesday sounds like a good bet to test. Are you all stashed out with tests?

Hope you're doing ok Face

Glad all went well Solars. Hope you're being waited on! I did try the clinic, they are posting it today!!

Beedle first jab is 28th, the same day we fly to Italy! All go!

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 17-May-13 12:53:09

Solars glad to hear it all went well. You've had a busy few days. Hope you are taking it easy now.

Maybe glad you've got it all sorted. Not long now eeek smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now