pregnancy symptoms or pre period?

(45 Posts)
MrsAnderson22 Wed 15-May-13 00:15:10

hi, my husband and I are ttc #3. we have a 12 year old and a 9 year old so the symptoms aren't exactly fresh in my head!

I had my period 21-24th April, we have been bd'ing quite frequently since it ended. According to my fertility app I ovulated from 3-7th May whether this is accurate I have no idea! I had the mirena coil in for 8 years so I am not so in tune with my body as most women on here smile

anyway I had the coil removed 12th March so my April period was my first in 8 years. Today I have woke up with extremely painful breasts, the sides are sore. But my nipples are definitely the sorest part, they feel as though they are burning, if I even brush against them it makes me wince! they have also been hard for most of the day, it hasn't been cold! the areola has changed in size and my breasts feel swollen and more pert than usual! this I'm not complaining about...I'm a 36H so pert is good ;)

tonight in bed I have back ache, not pain, more like a dull ache on either side of my spine and feel constipated. this is very unusual for me as I have ibs I am normally very loose!!! I feel nauseous tonight but haven't vomited.

could these be premenstrual symptoms or more likely to be pregnancy symptoms? how soon can I test and any recommendations on the best test to use? sorry for rambling but I have managed to convince myself that I am pregnant as my breast are so sore!

thanks in advance for your replies smile x

MrsRV Sun 23-Jun-13 20:24:54

Fingers crossed for you MrsA. Keep us posted! x

MrsAnderson22 Sun 23-Jun-13 19:52:15

AF due tomorrow! fingers crossed she stays away sad normally bang on time so should know tomorrow whether it's late or not! only symptoms I'm having pre AF is sore and heavy breasts which I know coulf be AF or pregnancy so still none the wiser until tomorrow. how is everyone else getting on? still ttc? anyone testing soon? anyone going through 2ww?? please stay in touch x

MrsRV Wed 12-Jun-13 19:54:55

1ww for me! Trying not to think about it really. Trying to think of all the negatives of being pregnant this month - (this will surely tempt fate!?!) :-) 2 years ago right about now I was busy conceiving DD.

MrsAnderson22 Mon 10-Jun-13 14:00:44

well its the dreaded 2 week wait for me again! fingers crossed smile hope you're all well x

MrsAnderson22 Tue 04-Jun-13 20:48:02

hey BistoBear, any signs of AF or bfp?? would love to hear how you all are. anyone in the tww stage? I have 6 days til next ovulation wink x

BistoBear Tue 28-May-13 15:54:57

Can I also join in? I'm also waiting for AF which is now 9 days late...

I'd been on the pill for 14 years, had been planning on TTC in the autumn. Had tonsilittis last month, started antibiotics on 16 April, finished pill for week break on 18 April and had sex on 20 April. Realised on 21 April that we should've used alternative contraception. My "period" came that evening and lasted for about 5 days, all normal.

After discussion with DP, I decided not to restart pill after the week long break.

So it's now 40 days since I last took the pill and 37 days since my last "period". No signs of it appearing either but I've never really had much in the way of period pain, sore boobs etc. but it has been a long time since I had a proper period. My tummy did feel a bit peculiar and crampy on Saturday morning. And i was just sick, completely unexpected and out of the blue! Tested on Sunday morning, BFN. Seeing the negative test and then having to tell DP the result has made me realise how much I want a child now!

I'm now thinking that the crampy feeling on Saturday might have been ovulation pains? Does that seem likely? I know it'll probably take a wee while for my body to settle and find its cycle.

Can I also ask what apps you lovely ladies use for tracking your cycle? I am using a period log but I wonder if I should switch to an ovulation calculator one... Thanks for any help smile

TheFantasticFixit Tue 28-May-13 15:32:02

Hello! May I join as well? 5dpo, TTC no 2, on 2nd cycle and feeling - oh, weird. Nauseous, so bloody nauseous! And exhausted. Surely too early to be pregnancy related? Feeling totally whacked out and struggling to get through the day. Phew! Don't remember it being like this with No 1 so probably just a play-with-your-head virus. Argh!

MrsAnderson22 Tue 28-May-13 14:19:01

hey! How's everyone getting on? x

wonkylegs Fri 24-May-13 15:50:32

Hi I'm having a similar dilemma, only came off the pill a month ago so I'm guessing my body is still catching up. But I've had 5 days of on/off awful nausea & exhaustion and I'm 5days late. I know my period may be longer than 28 days but with TTC with DS it was always between 27-29 days. Just tested but it was negative, which is fine as i guessed it was too quick to be true but I'd love to know why I feel so rotten. sad

MrsAnderson22 Fri 24-May-13 10:19:58

AF arrived this morning! just in time for our family weekend away....yay!!! not! hmm

Charingcrossbun Thu 23-May-13 23:50:50

Negative test for me. No AF but no symptoms either. Going to allow myself a test Saturday morning and then see if I can wait a week - my last cycle was 37days so maybe it's a pattern......

babyrose Thu 23-May-13 18:24:31

May I join u ladies? Im 5dpo and since this morning I've had what I can only describe is pressure on my uterus all day. Boobs are a bit tender but no other symptoms. Does that sound a bit early?

MrsRV Thu 23-May-13 16:19:48

AF arrived for me yesterday!! Booooooo!! Good luck everyone else. Husband opening back door, hard nipples - ha ha ha ha ha!!! I got it :-)

harverina Thu 23-May-13 15:47:14

The digital ones are more accurate. I used a normal one (not cheap just not digital) first and the line was very faint - the digital one was easier to decide as it said you are pregnant grin

MrsAnderson22 Thu 23-May-13 14:09:29

harverina, no I didn't use a digital test, I used a 'Clear & Simple' one

WannaBeAMommy Thu 23-May-13 13:20:19

Somethings come up ill have no money til tues now sad

harverina Thu 23-May-13 12:21:15

Did you use a digital test?

MrsAnderson22 Thu 23-May-13 11:58:47

good luck for tomorrow WannaBeAMommy! x

MrsAnderson22 Thu 23-May-13 11:58:02

well it was a bfn for me sad but still no sign of AF either. x

WannaBeAMommy Wed 22-May-13 09:30:01

Hey everyone. Currently 13 days overdue my period. Cant wait for test on friday. If its still a negative I might just go visit the doctor.

Hope you all get your possitives tomorrow x

MrsAnderson22 Wed 22-May-13 00:30:07

I don't have an answer for it either, the slightest draft had me in agony! this was highly amusing for my husband, the dogs seemed to need to go pee alot during those days haha!! wink

Charingcrossbun Tue 21-May-13 23:45:36

Thursday is definitely a date! Sore breast when your husband opens the back door.....not sure I've an answer for that one! smile
Chocolate craving seems a sure fire preggers sign though!
K

MrsAnderson22 Tue 21-May-13 22:22:43

welcome Charingcrossbun! It's looking like Thursday is the day we are all testing! eek! it's so exciting! I for one will be logging in to share my news whether good or bad! AF still hasn't arrived, was only due today though, my breasts arent as sore and tender anymore. Nipples are still a little sensitive but nowhere near as bad as they were last week! if my husband opened the back door to let the dogs out and I happened to be in the sitting room....wowza! you'd think id been sitting in the freezer for how hard they went! and sore....bloody hell! so any of you got an explanation for the sore breasts easing? does it sound more like a premenstrual symptom? I can't remember how long my breasts were sore with my other 2 pregnancies :/ keeping my fingers crossed for all of us for Thursday! grin

MrsRV Tue 21-May-13 21:21:47

I think I'll test on Thursday. AF is due then, I can't imagine I'll get to be a whole day late without exploding if I don't test!!!!

Just eaten a few of DD choc buttons as no other chocolate in the house. I'm sure this craving for chocolate is a symptom you know - I never ever crave chocolate - burgers, pizza, chips, yes. Chocolate, no. I'm obviously pregnant!!!!! grin

Charingcrossbun Tue 21-May-13 19:24:53

Can I join the tmi wiping and pant spotting club? AF due today, ttc, no pregnancy symptoms (except those I make up such as craving chocolate, hating my job etc) just really really want it - fingers crossed, no testing until Thursday for me though, somehow AF disappointment isn't as bad as poas probably because it's more definitive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now