TRC 10+ months. Part 15...

(1000 Posts)
MuddyWellyNelly Sun 05-May-13 15:55:10

New thread for the lovely 10+ers. 14 was awesome so another like that please!

mrsden Fri 17-May-13 20:16:31

Thanks everyone. I thought that my constant moaning would be boring you all, and also getting you down. Please tell me to shut up if I'm annoying you smile I don't think I could ever leave this thread completely, you're all a bit of a lifeline for me.

Nelly, I remember the first time I saw infertile couple written on a referral letter it choked me up. I do think its really positive that you make a good embie though so it's not game up yet. You only need one and it could just be that the next one is your baby. Will you give it another go?

Joy and mad, I keep forgetting I've had ivf too. Sometimes I think my life is a dream, or a nightmare really (the ttc part) I think because I haven't spoken to anyone on real life about it it's easier for me to gp forget I've been through this. I was thinking today why am I feeling so down and then I remembered what I've been through and I thought I should cut myself more slack. I've had a shitty 2013 so far to be fair.

mrsden Fri 17-May-13 20:23:30

Just to add to that, one of my friends is having a lap next week. It's not fertility related she already has 3 kids. She's had some pain that needs to be investigated. Anyway, she is making such a fuss about it, I've told her about mine (didn't say it was for fertility) and she was a bit dismissive saying that mine was probably easier than hers is going to be hmm she's going on and on about it, and I think I had such a shitty time with my lap and never really moaned to anyone in real life. I didn't even tell many people and I certainly didn't get any sympathy. I'm not sure what point I, trying to make, I think I'm just saying that I'm hard on myself sometimes. All of us on here are so strong, and were dealing with this all with such dignity. I'm proud of us all grin

buzzybee123 Fri 17-May-13 21:07:58

mrsd tell your mate to mate man up hmm and stop being precious, its totally ridiculous and slightly drama queenish to think hers will be so much worse hmm

EuroShaggleton Fri 17-May-13 21:11:28

nelly it must have been tough to see it written. I felt the same about the scan reports from my short pregnancy. It was harder to see the bad news in black and white.

mrsd I think I can safely say that none of us would want you to leave. It is hard to see someone you care about in pain, but hopefully we can offer some support as you work through the hard stuff.

AFM, I have a gynae appointment for Monday and insurance approval, so please cross everything then for me. I just want them to tell me it's a mild abnormality and there is nothing more sinister lurking.

I've taken the dressing off my headbump wound. I'm actually quite impressed. It's very neat and is far less noticeable than the bump. So that's one relief. I found telling someone to take a scalpel to my face enormously stressful, so I very happy that it is over and done with and just needs to heal now.

buzzybee123 Fri 17-May-13 21:21:06

euro what time is your appointment, I'm hoping that it is nothing and you can get with IVF

Cosmos1 Fri 17-May-13 21:46:03

Nelly, just wanted to say I do think these clinics have a firm eye on their stats you know - wouldn't we all get pg more easily with a 20 yr old's eggs - they can't say that you won't get pg with yr own eggs, and think there's some arse covering in terms of advice about success possibilities.

MrsD have you really not discussed fertility stuff with anyone in RL? Is there no-one you feel might be a supportive person to offload onto?

Buzzy, I had a good feeling for you and Critter! Well done, and very well deserved. Massive good luck for the next few weeks.

Euro best of luck for Monday.

Cosmos1 Fri 17-May-13 21:49:53

Oh, and on the whole surreallness of this crap, does anyone else have a few seconds when they wake up where everything is normal. And then the crashing realisation of the situation dawns and you think 'holy crap, how did I get here? I've taken a massive wrong turn on my yellow brick road ...'

seaviewasia Sat 18-May-13 00:02:21

Just a really quick one from me. Crazy busy weekend for me so won't be reading or posting.

A special congrats for buzzy. Absolutely delighted for you. Yay!

flowers to Mrsd, joy, euro, mad and nelly.

Love to everyone else - newly diffed and other lovely 10 plusssssers.

Be back on in a few days! X

rabbitonthemoon Sat 18-May-13 10:01:24

No time for a full post but I'm just delivering a gift for buzzy, a mustard coated fez smile it is brilliant news! So potentially are there buzzy/critter quads in the pipeline?!

Also wave to cosmos who I missed last time. I'm working today hmm

EuroShaggleton Sat 18-May-13 11:09:58

buzz it's in the evening. We've definitely called off this cycle though. I think I'd be too embarrassed to call up now and try to get it back on, even though Monday is still a week before expected ov time!

How are you feeling today?

buzzybee123 Sat 18-May-13 11:32:15

rabbit why are you working today???

euro It will be good to get answers and be able to put it behind you so you can concentrate on IVF,

well thanks to the steroids I was awake at 6.38 hmm so I decided this was a good time poas, so there is a second line but no darker but I did ger 1-2 weeks on the digi smile Barry had a few tears then asked lots of questions about my immune system, Kayla is still acting weird hmm

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sat 18-May-13 12:56:45

That simply means your diffed buzz. Convincing a digi is something I never tried managed so yay. And nahnahnah. Just goes to show that being pregnant is not something you HAVE to notice pre-test-day.

Hurrah for the healy mini-scar, euro and for gettting the appointment sorted out so quickly. Fingers crossed for only mild abnormality on Monday.

Harsh words in the letter nelly the others have said wise words, particularly cosmos (welcome back btw). Seeing stuff in black and white does hammer the message home, doesn't it. And brrr about the pregnancy notes, euro I so hear you. Oddly I only believed I really had been pregnant when I saw that the clinic had moved me from the "IUI-cycle-chart" to the "pregnancy-chart", but I first noticed that on the "you are going to miscarry" appointment...

Quick waves from a busy lemon. And I forgot my meat somewhere on the market, so I either have to find it or buy it again hmm

CritterPants Sat 18-May-13 15:01:34

euro I hope you get some answers on Monday and that they are reassuring. What an absolute bugger. I am just gnashing my teeth on your behalf!

lemon I so hope this IUI is the lucky one. You've been through such crap.

buzzy I'm still smiling at your news. Roll on OTD!

nelly wow that letter sounds hard to read. But I totally agree with cosmos - obviously it would be easier with 20 year old eggs but that doesn't mean it isn't worth another go with your own.

mrsd your friend sounds extremely irritating. I can't stand it when people are that self-obsessed and competitive about something that stupid. Grrr. I'm also in awe of you keeping this all quiet. I think almost my entire office knows about me and my situation blush <oversharer emoticon>

cosmos so nice to have you back.

rabbit you are a saint for working on a Saturday, I hope you have something lovely planned for tonight when you finish.

Just had a chat with one of my best friends whose boyfriend has told her he doesn't want kids and has had a vasectomy. Didn't know what to tell her... she's 31 and loves him. Hard not to have my advice and opinion coloured by my own experience, so I tried to just ask questions and let her talk. sad This stuff is hard and no mistake.

mrsden Sat 18-May-13 18:21:45

I'll be thinking about you on Monday, euro. Will you have to wait long long for the results?

Buzzy, great news about the digi.

Critter, how are you feeling?

I can't decide if I've got thrush or cystitis. It's itching and burning down there, but there's no discharge and its the whole general area. It burns when I pee and the skin is sore when I wipe but I have no urge to pee so it's not like the usual cystitis, any ideas?

ArtemisTheHunter Sat 18-May-13 18:43:13

mrsden those are exactly the symptoms I had last time I had a UTI. There are different bugs that can cause them, cystitis is just one version. If you ask your GP for a sample thimble bottle and take a sample with you they can check for infection in seconds with a simple dip stick. In the meantime I found Rabbit's advice of a teaspoon of bicarb in half a pint of water every hour helped. Gag-inducing, but helps.

Quick waves to all. I'm spending the weekend looking after our poorly kitty. She has kidney failure and it isn't treatable sad sad so I'm just keeping her as comfortable as i can until Mr A gets back from a few days away visiting friends. We are both gutted. She is old and wasn't going to last forever but it's still hard losing a much loved pet sad

buzzybee123 Sat 18-May-13 18:56:45

mrsd its best to get it checked out,

nelly does your clinic do IVM?? would you get more eggs that way??

criiter thats a tough decision, he could change his mind in the future and have his vasectomy reversed, but its all full of uncertainty

rabbitonthemoon Sat 18-May-13 21:55:19

Art sad that is tough, I'm sorry. Pets are like family.

Den maybe it's urethritis, thrush can get in your wee tube and sting and itch like hell. A thrush pill is a very useful thing - any chance of getting one?

rabbitonthemoon Sat 18-May-13 21:56:02

And if you need my magic devils infection magic cure just yell.

buzzybee123 Sat 18-May-13 22:12:26

art so sorry to hear about your kitty, I would be devastated if any happened to Kayla, they become members of your family, big hugs

EuroShaggleton Sat 18-May-13 22:47:18

Oh Art that sounds heartbreaking.

mrsd that sounds sore! I've done the bicarb thing. It can't do any harm (but it does have a laxative effect!).

As for your Q as to how long I will have to wait, it depends on what they do. I had two colposcopies after the dodgy smear last year and at the first one he redid the smear and had a look and at the second one he just had a look. The problem was that the most relevant bit of my cervix where any problems start was hiding then - possibly because of the downregging drugs or possibly because that is just how I am built. That's why I had two - to see if my cervix had re-emerged after a few weeks (it didn't). If on Monday they take a biopsy or something, I will have to wait for the results of that. In short, I don't know! I'm hoping he will take a look and not find anything to biopsy, but I suspect that is wishful thinking!

EuroShaggleton Sat 18-May-13 23:02:11

buzz it might not just be the steroids - insomnia was my main preggo symptom. It started the morning before I was due to test (12dpo) and I put it down to worrying about that, but from that point it just got worse and worse. I ended up getting up about 3am most days and going into the spare room to MN on my phone!

buzzybee123 Sat 18-May-13 23:32:27

euro I've been having sleep problems since EC when I took the steroids, how long do you think a biopsy would take

EuroShaggleton Sun 19-May-13 08:26:28

No idea buzz. I'm glad I only have 36 more hours to wait until the appointment.

I got some sleep disruption on the steroids, but it was nowhere near as bad as the preggo insomnia. I hope you can get some rest. x

buzzybee123 Sun 19-May-13 11:32:07

euro I get up do some stuff then go back to bed, I keep forgetting to take the steroid first thing on the weekend so not really helping myself hmm
I have so much to do but just can't be arsed to do anything slightly distracted by the zillion of photos I need to sort out

ThatWayMadnessLies Sun 19-May-13 18:21:09

Hello lovelies,

art really sorry about your cat. I was inconsolable when my childhood dog died. He was the closest thing to a sibling I had. I hope that you are alright.

mrsd are you feeling any better? I find that pure (no sugar added) cranberry juice really helps.

buzzy sounds like naps might be the way forward? Going back to bed and sleeping whenever you can. Whenever I have found it difficult to sleep it usually helps me to stop trying to sleep ifyswim. Hopefully you'll be through this phase soon and you can look at that digi test when it's stressing you out grin xx

euro I'm really pleased that you have such a quick appointment. I have everything crossed that it is straightforward and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

nelly I agree that the clinic will have an eye on their stats. That said, MrM and I have discussed DE and will do more so if my egg production isn't less mucked up next time. Totally get how difficult it can be to see things written down in black and white. When I saw stage IV endo and then realised that there isn't a classification worse than that I had a little freak out. I already knew it, but didn't like it stated so matter of factly, as if it wasn't devastating information but just par for the course.

I have been laid up with a cold all weekend but starting to feel better today and managed to get out to see a lovely friend. We had a long talk about ivf and adoption (and lots of non TTC things too) and MrM went for a day out with some friends. Now that AF is coming to an end I am feeling less bloated and more myself, ready to move on.

Big waves to everyone - joy gin critter lemon zippy rabbit sea sweet cosmos and anyone else I've missed.

This thread is not accepting new messages.