Waiting to ttc.... 2nd slightly pointless thread!

(236 Posts)
Leafmould Tue 30-Apr-13 19:45:21

BFP's
Loveyouforevermybaby  , OP, due August.
amiready
Winterpansy , due beginning January
Possibly some more, including Bridget and the hairy brigands , but we need people to report back with these details!

April
Zen nudist age 34 ttc #2 April/may?
caramal ttc#2 hopefully April.
orbis non sufficit age 35 ttc#1 April 
horseygirl1  ttc#2
moominlike age 32 ttc#1
Frizz1986 ttc#1
duddlepuck
MrsHuxtable , age 29, ttc#2 April
Maybe again ttc#3
Fairy pants ttc#3 
Johnand kymberley ttc#1 

May
definately sometime age 30 ttc#1 May.
toomuchlaptop age 36 ttc#2
kate Beckett ttc#1
Suddenly squeamish  ttc#1 after house move.
Miss calamity , age 33 ttc#2 when oh ready.

In a few months/later in the year
sorelip ttc#2
labourgirl
Ginger and cocoa , ttc#1 when dh ready
Pizza queen ttc#2 when dp ready

June
popsicle1984 age 28 ttc#1

July
painted cat age 22 ttc #1
iwish age 27 ttc#2

August
part1 ttc#2 
Tranquilitybaby ttc#2 on hols in Mexico!

September
Porridge with almond milk

Autumn
twojackrussellsandababy ttc#2
Jetblack61 ttc#1 after hols in Australia, age 28
Don't squeeze the tea bag  ttc#1 after a wedding and a new bathroom.
Alohomora , age 31 ttc1 after wedding party in June and in time for summer baby!
Visualise a horse , ttc#2 when dc1 is 18 months

November 2013
waiting 2wait2wait

December 2013
tigerstripes

Mid 2014
thundernlightning 

September2014 (or2015)
madamelebean ttc #2

End 2014
ithinkineedahug

June 2015
lollydollydrop

Indefinite or vague
mintberry
witchesbrew&biscuits ttc#2
lindamagoo 41 ttc #3
Happygolucky in oz age 29 ttc#1 when partner back in work.
leafmould age 35 ttc#3 when partner ready.....

OwlBeThereForYou Wed 05-Jun-13 20:53:00

Also any tiny "symptom" I get over excited...even tho I'm still on the pill hmm I'm pretty sure I imagine most of them grin

Not imagining this weeks sore boobs tho, they definitely hurt...sorry if that was tmi and you didn't want to knowgrin

Buddhagirl Fri 07-Jun-13 19:17:26

Thanks everyone, Disney you should stay and cheer us on and inject patience!

So I lasted 2 days instead of 2 months before I asked -- manipulated-- dh into making a decision and I'm glad I did as we 100% agreed on September!! <Jumps around> That is not that long, Squeee :D

Buddhagirl Fri 07-Jun-13 19:18:30

My strike-through failed on my tablet sad

Amymia03 Fri 07-Jun-13 20:13:10

Great news Buddha girl, it's exciting to have a month decided. smile I'm excited but really nervous about becoming pregnant again, it's been almost 10 years. Please tell me that second time is easier

Congratulations Buddhagirl! It'll be September in no time!

MissCalamity Sun 09-Jun-13 10:13:25

Hello everyone,

I am loving this thread, glad to know there's people in the same boat I'm in!

Well, I don't know when we are going to TTC - had a chat with the other half on Monday, and said I didn't want to leave things too late, he's been mulling it over, and has asked DS if he wants a little brother or sister, DS said NO. But then I had a chat with him and he changed his mind, only if he got a brother...!

I only have one pill packet left after this month, so I will refuse to go and get anymore! We're going away for a few days tomorrow, so hopefully I can attempt to convince OH, we're going away with friends and their two children, so hopefully he can see how good it is with two. grin

So, it's hopefully going to be July for me now (fingers crossed!)

Good luck everyone else!

Buddhagirl Mon 10-Jun-13 13:41:11

Miss calamity hope July is your month smile

I'm waiting impatiently. Worried dh will change his mind in sept. But what can you do. I'm so not a worrier normally, this ttc stuff turns me into a nut job, I really hope we don't have problems ttc or I'm going to be a nightmare!

ThedementedPenguin Mon 10-Jun-13 17:03:59

Hi Miss Calamity. That's what I done. Refused to get another pill packet. Hopefully things start happening quickly for you. How old is your ds?

I'm so fed up waiting for Af to come. I'm dreading it but wishing it would hurry up as I'd like a rough idea of dates, when/if it happens.

Hope everyone had a good weekend smile

Buddhagirl Thu 13-Jun-13 12:41:04

I just bought this http://www.vitabiotics.com/pregnacare/hisandher_main.aspx

Keen much? Hid it from dh for a while as he would just roll his eyes and I don't want to pile the pressure on, quite worried he is going to u-turn on the September date.

SuddenlySqueamish Thu 13-Jun-13 15:50:26

Oh wow you've grown and burst in to new thread!

Just coming back on to MN for first time in ages. I was on the other thread and was waiting for house move chaos to be over to start TTC. Well we've moved and the chaos is mostly over. Still have junk in boxes but I'm down to only rearranging everything once a week now so that's kinda settled!
I did get offered a new job though which kinda threw me off a bit. But figured it might take a while anyway and it's only a year's contract so can't let that stop us! My first AF after moving was 4 days late which got me really excited. Normally have a regular as clockwork 29 day cycle but moving stress must have knocked me off kilter. But those few days of wondering if we'd manage to conceive without even trying made me ridiciulously excited and sure that now is the right time. So I guess I should hop on over to the TTC thread. Just wanted to drop by and say hello. Hope all goes well and this waiting time flies by for you all. smile

moominlike Sat 15-Jun-13 07:55:56

Hi SS I remember you from the original thread, glad the move went well. Also just moved house (though not as far as you!) and just about finished the boxes! Hope all goes well with TTC, I never made it onto another thread as my BFP happened v.quickly and I still lurk here to see how everyone's doing smile

MissCalamity Sat 15-Jun-13 10:42:23

Hi again,
Back from our small mini break, OH has been put off having a second for life! Our DS (3.6) & our friends DS (3.10) were fighting quite a lot and I did keep reaching for the alcohol myself..! They're just trying to assert themselves into top dog & I kept trying to explain having a second wouldn't be like that as they're be 4+ years difference. DS was protective of their little girl (1.5) & although didn't go out of his way to play with her. Our friends were arguing a bit between themselves so that again has put him off, grrr!

I'm still not getting any more pills though & have bought the folic acid.

I remember trying to convince him to TTC the first time, one of the biggest green lights was when the friends we were away with announced they were pregnant, so he has a friend to moan with for life.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

ItsSoFluffyImGonnaDie Wed 26-Jun-13 22:10:35

Hi all

I lurked on the last thread but didn't think we'd ever be in a position to make a decision but DH and I have finally decided we're going to start trying in September! We've been married 5 years in September and we'll be trying for our 1st.

I came off the pill in march after many years and was surprised that things started to get back to normal quite quickly. Since then I've been taking conception vitamins and DH has just started taking his too. I'm charting and using opk's with a CBFM ready and waiting for closer to the time smile

I see that this thread has already had some bfps so hopefully that will continue for the rest of us when our time comes!

ItsSoFluffyImGonnaDie Wed 26-Jun-13 22:22:38

BFP's
Loveyouforevermybaby , OP, due August.
amiready
Winterpansy , due beginning January
Possibly some more, including Bridget and the hairy brigands , but we need people to report back with these details!

April
Zen nudist age 34 ttc #2 April/may?
caramal ttc#2 hopefully April.
orbis non sufficit age 35 ttc#1 April
horseygirl1 ttc#2
moominlike age 32 ttc#1
Frizz1986 ttc#1
duddlepuck
MrsHuxtable , age 29, ttc#2 April
Maybe again ttc#3
Fairy pants ttc#3
Johnand kymberley ttc#1

May
definately sometime age 30 ttc#1 May.
toomuchlaptop age 36 ttc#2
kate Beckett ttc#1
Suddenly squeamish ttc#1 after house move.
Miss calamity , age 33 ttc#2 when oh ready.

In a few months/later in the year
sorelip ttc#2
labourgirl
Ginger and cocoa , ttc#1 when dh ready
Pizza queen ttc#2 when dp ready

June
popsicle1984 age 28 ttc#1

July
painted cat age 22 ttc #1
iwish age 27 ttc#2

August
part1 ttc#2
Tranquilitybaby ttc#2 on hols in Mexico!

September
Porridge with almond milk
It's so fluffy I'm gonna die age 29 ttc#1

Autumn
twojackrussellsandababy ttc#2
Jetblack61 ttc#1 after hols in Australia, age 28
Don't squeeze the tea bag ttc#1 after a wedding and a new bathroom.
Alohomora , age 31 ttc1 after wedding party in June and in time for summer baby!
Visualise a horse , ttc#2 when dc1 is 18 months

November 2013
waiting 2wait2wait

December 2013
tigerstripes

Mid 2014
thundernlightning

September2014 (or2015)
madamelebean ttc #2

End 2014
ithinkineedahug

June 2015
lollydollydrop

Indefinite or vague
mintberry
witchesbrew&biscuits ttc#2
lindamagoo 41 ttc #3
Happygolucky in oz age 29 ttc#1 when partner back in work.
leafmould age 35 ttc#3 when partner ready.....
Buddhagirl 28 ttc #1 when moved out of the inlaws house.

Buddhagirl Sun 14-Jul-13 21:49:31

Hope everyone is still moving forward or graduating on to new threads smile might even have some bfp by now.

I dug this thread out of the woodwork to moan. DH was 100% September, yesterday he casually says "I reckon about 8 months to a year before a baby" I said if it's 8 months then that will be a miracle! DH looks confused and says "no I meant til we start trying" I was very much WTF we agreed on Sept. Did we he says? I thought we were going to wait until we are settled in our new hous.
Basically he forgot we brought it forward, and is now adamant on 8-12 months. I've not spoken a word aboutit not wwanting to rock the boat thinking that September was set in stone. Silly me!
Just shows how this is really not a big deal for him if he can just forget. Yet he is totally no not til spring next year at the earliest. He didn't do anything malicious I just want to strangle him. I really want this and I find it hard to accept it is always in someone else's hands.

Believe me he will not be forgetting March 2014!

Gutted.

Buddhagirl Mon 15-Jul-13 21:44:15

Warning - More moaning

Just had a massive row about ttc. Long and short of it is he has now decided we will be in poverty if we have a child (not true) and we need to wait until we are in our new house which could easily be a year.

I'm giving up, when he is ready we will start, I'll have to wait and by then if we leave it too late for 2 children then clearly I just have to deal with that.

Fed up of this whole bloody thing.

/end moan

ItsSoFluffyImGonnaDie Wed 17-Jul-13 15:41:25

Oh Buddha that's so crap. It'll probably be difficult to do as it's all so raw at the moment but could you not explain to him just how much this means to you?

There was a thing in the London Metro this morning about guys saying they don't realise they're ready for kids until they have one, maybe show him that? I'll see if I can find a link

ItsSoFluffyImGonnaDie Wed 17-Jul-13 15:47:20
happygoluckyinOz Thu 18-Jul-13 07:29:49

I’m back! Sorry I haven’t posted in a while.

When I last posted I said that I didn’t know when we would be TTC as it all depended on when DH got a job…. Well he got a job!! He’s been contracting for 3 months on a six month contract, so things remained the same as he wouldn’t commit to trying until he was in a permanent job…. Ok so now he starts a new PERMANENT job on Monday! “Yay” we all cry, baby time! Alas no….

So now he said we have to wait until we’ve paid off the credit card and some furniture we put on a ‘buy now pay later’ as he doesn’t want to try when we’ve still got some debt to clear. Ok, I can wait a teensy bit longer – should have cleared those things by the end of September. So I’m all happy thinking it’s going to be soon – then he says what about our Christmas holiday? We’re flying to Melbourne on Christmas Day to stay the week and go out for NYE then flying back. He thinks if we try from September then there’s a chance I’ll be in my morning sickness, first 3 months phase and won’t want to go/be able to go. Hmmm so I say, ok we’ll try when we’re on holiday then…

Now it’s his 30th Birthday in April next year, he wants to go to Vietnam for 2 weeks. He really doesn’t want to try before then as he thinks we won’t have a good time if we go whilst I’m pregnant.

Feel like banging my head against a wall sometimes – it’s always waiting for one more thing! sad

happygoluckyinOz Thu 18-Jul-13 07:46:12

Budda your DH sounds exactly like mine! Keeps shifting the goal posts and then sulks when you get annoyed. We've had quite a few tearey rows over this already as I always feel like I'm the one waiting for HIM to be ready. hmm

BananaRaces Thu 18-Jul-13 16:28:18

Hi all,
I think it's about time I stopped lurking and joined in with this thread. Me and DH have been married for just over a year. Until recently he kept saying how I will "make a great mum", and then looking like a rabbit in headlights whenever I talked about TTC being anything other than something which happens in the very distant future. We are both turning 30 this year and although I know that's not really that old to start trying, I'm just petrified of not being able to conceive (for some reason) so I really wanted some kind of timeline.
Anyway, after explaining to DH very gently that having a timeline doesn't mean we have to start trying right now, we actually managed to have a sensible conversation about TTC the other evening and we will be TTC next summer - Yay!
I should add that this was exactly what I was hoping for, because for various reasons (some of which might "out" me, so I won't mention them) we couldn't TTC much earlier than that anyway!
I hope that joining this thread will let me vent my excitement and help me to not badger DH over the next few months, so hello there waiting to TTC thread... Please prepare yourselves for my over-excitement! grin

coconut84 Thu 18-Jul-13 17:53:55

Hello all, I've been lurking on this thread for a while and I think its finally time I said hello.
I'm not tcc atm, altho OH and I have spoken about it briefly, we both want children but he wants us to be married before we start trying (he hasn't popped the question yet... so i'm waiting for that too!) I turn 30 in Jan, and he has a special holiday planned for us so...
I had to have an ovary removed when I was younger so I do worry about tcc and there are other issues that may make it more difficult for us. so I'm hoping if i'm here I won't hound him with my worries all the time.

gwenabee85 Thu 18-Jul-13 18:38:22

oooh, just looked in here for the first time, have been hanging around infertility, probably prematurely, but I'm paranoid! blush

I'm 27 and have been married just over a year. We decided we'd start ttc after we'd been married a year, but then decided we'd like to try for an autumn baby, so moved it back to Dec 2013/Jan 2014. I've been on the pill for 9 years so decided to come off Jan this year to get cycle again and then didn't get any AF so started freaking out! Went to GP who sent me for tests straight away, had my first gynae appointment a week ago today, who prescribed prog tablets so could do further blood tests. Was due to start taking them on Monday and today got AF, don't think I've ever been so pleased! I'm going to go for day 21 tests tomorrow anyway, don't want to jinx it, but I'm so glad my body decided to do this on its own!

I'm now painfully aware that it could take us a long time to get pregnant, but I feel better about the idea that I COULD do now, as I've ov'd (I hope!) so the Dec 13/Jan 14 plan is go :D

happygoluckyinOz Fri 19-Jul-13 01:34:58

Good to see a couple of lurkers joining the foray into 'waiting'! grin

Well, after my initial frustration yesterday I went home and tried to have a sensible talk with the DH. He said he just wanted to have 'one last big holiday' where I wasn't worried about what I was eating/drinking. I can understand this, but at the same time I really feel like times ticking away and we'd talked about having children by now but things have always cropped up to stop us.

So the compromise I think we've agreed on is that we will ttc at the beginning of December in the hope we'll be lucky and get pregnant sometime in Dec/Jan so that I'll be over the 12 week hump by the time his birthday trip comes around. This way it shouldn't interfere with Melbourne too much (as I'll either get preggers there or be only just) and I should hopefully be at the 4 month mark when heading to Vietnam and still be able to get around and not be showing too much.

If it doesn't happen for us in Dec/Jan then we'll put it on hold until we're in Vietnam and try from April again.

I feel like this is some kind of progress anyway!

happygoluckyinOz Fri 19-Jul-13 01:53:19

Quick question for us waiters - how long before ttc do you stop with the pill?

I'm on microgynon at the moment and have been for years, before that it was the patch and before that the Depo (so 15 years all up on contraception). So I'm potentially 4.5 months away from ttc but think DH might freak if I stop taking it now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now