Waiting to ttc.... 2nd slightly pointless thread!

(239 Posts)
Leafmould Tue 30-Apr-13 19:45:21

BFP's
Loveyouforevermybaby  , OP, due August.
amiready
Winterpansy , due beginning January
Possibly some more, including Bridget and the hairy brigands , but we need people to report back with these details!

April
Zen nudist age 34 ttc #2 April/may?
caramal ttc#2 hopefully April.
orbis non sufficit age 35 ttc#1 April 
horseygirl1  ttc#2
moominlike age 32 ttc#1
Frizz1986 ttc#1
duddlepuck
MrsHuxtable , age 29, ttc#2 April
Maybe again ttc#3
Fairy pants ttc#3 
Johnand kymberley ttc#1 

May
definately sometime age 30 ttc#1 May.
toomuchlaptop age 36 ttc#2
kate Beckett ttc#1
Suddenly squeamish  ttc#1 after house move.
Miss calamity , age 33 ttc#2 when oh ready.

In a few months/later in the year
sorelip ttc#2
labourgirl
Ginger and cocoa , ttc#1 when dh ready
Pizza queen ttc#2 when dp ready

June
popsicle1984 age 28 ttc#1

July
painted cat age 22 ttc #1
iwish age 27 ttc#2

August
part1 ttc#2 
Tranquilitybaby ttc#2 on hols in Mexico!

September
Porridge with almond milk

Autumn
twojackrussellsandababy ttc#2
Jetblack61 ttc#1 after hols in Australia, age 28
Don't squeeze the tea bag  ttc#1 after a wedding and a new bathroom.
Alohomora , age 31 ttc1 after wedding party in June and in time for summer baby!
Visualise a horse , ttc#2 when dc1 is 18 months

November 2013
waiting 2wait2wait

December 2013
tigerstripes

Mid 2014
thundernlightning 

September2014 (or2015)
madamelebean ttc #2

End 2014
ithinkineedahug

June 2015
lollydollydrop

Indefinite or vague
mintberry
witchesbrew&biscuits ttc#2
lindamagoo 41 ttc #3
Happygolucky in oz age 29 ttc#1 when partner back in work.
leafmould age 35 ttc#3 when partner ready.....

Buddhagirl Fri 24-May-13 22:08:01

Yay for all the newly weds smile

It took me 1.5 years to get my periods back after depo, but I've heard they can come back much sooner. You might conceive having not had a period!

Buddhagirl Fri 24-May-13 22:10:12

BFP's
Loveyouforevermybaby  , OP, due August.
amiready
Winterpansy , due beginning January
Possibly some more, including Bridget and the hairy brigands , but we need people to report back with these details!

April
Zen nudist age 34 ttc #2 April/may?
caramal ttc#2 hopefully April.
orbis non sufficit age 35 ttc#1 April 
horseygirl1  ttc#2
moominlike age 32 ttc#1
Frizz1986 ttc#1
duddlepuck
MrsHuxtable , age 29, ttc#2 April
Maybe again ttc#3
Fairy pants ttc#3 
Johnand kymberley ttc#1 

May
definately sometime age 30 ttc#1 May.
toomuchlaptop age 36 ttc#2
kate Beckett ttc#1
Suddenly squeamish  ttc#1 after house move.
Miss calamity , age 33 ttc#2 when oh ready.

In a few months/later in the year
sorelip ttc#2
labourgirl
Ginger and cocoa , ttc#1 when dh ready
Pizza queen ttc#2 when dp ready

June
popsicle1984 age 28 ttc#1

July
painted cat age 22 ttc #1
iwish age 27 ttc#2

August
part1 ttc#2 
Tranquilitybaby ttc#2 on hols in Mexico!

September
Porridge with almond milk

Autumn
twojackrussellsandababy ttc#2
Jetblack61 ttc#1 after hols in Australia, age 28
Don't squeeze the tea bag  ttc#1 after a wedding and a new bathroom.
Alohomora , age 31 ttc1 after wedding party in June and in time for summer baby!
Visualise a horse , ttc#2 when dc1 is 18 months

November 2013
waiting 2wait2wait

December 2013
tigerstripes

Mid 2014
thundernlightning 

September2014 (or2015)
madamelebean ttc #2

End 2014
ithinkineedahug

June 2015
lollydollydrop

Indefinite or vague
mintberry
witchesbrew&biscuits ttc#2
lindamagoo 41 ttc #3
Happygolucky in oz age 29 ttc#1 when partner back in work.
leafmould age 35 ttc#3 when partner ready.....
Buddhagirl 28 ttc #1 when moved out of the inlaws house.

AnnoyedAtWork Sun 26-May-13 22:26:41

Really tempted to say "fuck it" and do it now...

Finances wise, conceiving next June would be the earliest we can afford

But that is still quite soon! smile

Now to convince DP and my sensible career minded side!

Buddhagirl Tue 28-May-13 22:58:09

Reading this forum freaks me out, I just know I'm going to have a hard time conceiving... Which is odd as you can't predict these things.

I'm so fed up with waiting. Yes it would be better to be in our own house but we have good jobs and a decent deposit, it can take a while to get pregnant and then it's 9 months anyway! As soon as dh gets his first pay check from his new job I'll be kicking in Halifax's door.

Pretty sad... I looked up how much a clear blue fertility monitor was on ebay. A lot as it turns out.

FaddyPeony Tue 28-May-13 23:10:02

Buddhagirl... I always had a very strong feeling that I would find ttc difficult - irregular periods, etc. But then DD got conceived when TTC was the last thing on our minds. Totally not in any way planned - we were just careless with contraception. It was very silly really because we rent and at the time I was on a career break to pursue a hobby - meaning no maternity leave and feck all funds!

But it was all absolutely fine. I was able to pick up part-time work again fairly quickly after having DD. The house we rent isn't particularly baby-friendly (marble floors, arghhh), but it's the only home she's known. That you both have good jobs is brilliant and very important. Owning your own house...still nice, but less important IMO smile

Buddhagirl Wed 29-May-13 00:07:36

Thanks Faddy, that helps. I know I'm being illogical. I think partly I want to start ttc so I know either way. Weird.

DH doesn't want to start ttc until we are in our new house, so I'll have to wait. I'll live, first world problems!

Buddhagirl Wed 29-May-13 00:08:57

Madame, fuck it, do it. Money isn't everything as long as you won't be hungry or homeless.

FaddyPeony Wed 29-May-13 10:18:06

Just saw from the stats list that you're living with your ILs, Buddhagirl - in that case your DH's want to wait is understandable! Hope you get there soon anyway smile

DisneyDiva87 Wed 29-May-13 12:16:11

Buddha I have 1 packet of clearblue and then I am just buying cheapies, the clearblue is for that wonderful moment when I get a BFP on my cheapie tests.

That way I'm not wasting money unnecessarily but will still have the assurance that I'm not imagining that 2nd line.

Buddhagirl Wed 29-May-13 17:51:43

Faddy : yeah fair plays!

Disney : i meant the monitor that tells you when your most fertile days are, £60!

Definitelysometime Wed 29-May-13 18:42:15

Hello fellow soon-to-be-TTCers. I've been absent from the boards for a few months, dutifully taking folic acid and trying to not think about impending TTC too much. I have (drunkenly) celebrated my 30th - a big pre-children milestone for me - and AF has just arrived meaning, I suppose, that I am officially TTC! Meep!

Are others in the May / June lists about to start? How are you feeling?!

I'm a bit panicky now that the time is just around the corner. Not enough money saved, feeling too young and immature, scared about our whole lives flipping on their heads etc. Which I realise is ridiculous as it might well take us four years.

And, as my MIL says, sometimes in life you just need to close your eyes, hold hands, and jump off...

Buddhagirl Wed 29-May-13 18:51:20

Hello there smile how exciting! I agree with mil, your married, 30, perfect time smile
I reckon a lot of people have worries about their lives changing and money, etc.

Definitelysometime Wed 29-May-13 19:52:37

Thanks Buddha - it does feel like the right timing. It's just blimmin scary the whole thing, isn't it? I'd really hoped we'd own our own place before TTC but house prices (hell, even itsy bitsy studio flat prices) round here mean that won't happen for a while. Maybe ever. Are you hoping to TTC as soon as the mortgage agreement is in your hand?

DisneyDiva87 Wed 29-May-13 20:36:33

Ah ok, my bad Buddha. I'll just slink off to sit quietly in the corner now...

I agree with your MIL Definitely that's pretty much what all the females with kids have been saying to me and hubby. He finally agreed when his sister announced her pregnancy. Besides, I bet you'll wonder what on earth you were worried about once you have that cute little bundle of trouble in your arms.

peeohayess Wed 29-May-13 20:48:31

Hello...just popping in to say congratulations to all the BFPs. I posted briefly on the first thread and have continued to lurk, although don't always have time to post. Am jolly broody and would like to ttc now but we have talked about it and will be waiting until December 2013 by which time we will have freed up some money and hopefully will be in a position to consider moving from our 2-bed to get a bit more space. Aware that time is ticking on for me and my biological clock is getting louder by the day!

<waves at everyone>

<returns to lurking>

moominlike Thu 30-May-13 07:43:25

Definitelysometime I agree with your MIL, friends who've had kids tell me there's never a 'right' time (although granted there are better and worse times hence this waiting thread!). I got my BFP last week just after accepting a new job and have been really stressed out because of that. But after a stern talking to from my bf and mum I'm trying not to worry about that and just enjoy my pregnancy (eeeek it still feels weird saying that!)

Oh also I assumed it would take us ages to get a BFP too. It took 3 weeks. It happens!

DisneyDiva87 Thu 30-May-13 08:21:34

I got butterflies in my tummy reading that Moomin! I can't wait to be pregnant!

moominlike Thu 30-May-13 18:22:39

smile don't think I'll ever forget that moment when "Pregnant 1-2" appeared on the cb digital screen. I think it makes it even more mind blowing when you've had to wait to even try.

Definitelysometime Thu 30-May-13 18:30:59

Congratulations Moomin - that's fantastic. It must feel completely surreal! I can't wait for AF to hurry up and bugger off so I can have a go!

moominlike Thu 30-May-13 20:05:06

Yeah it still is! Exciting times ahead then, looking forward to seeing lots more BFPs on here smile

Buddhagirl Fri 31-May-13 22:36:25

Disney! Come back! drags you from the corner. These conceiving gadgets are complicated.

I can't imagine a bfp either. Think I'd instantly worry about MC. Not that anyone should do that! keeps on digging

Buddhagirl Fri 31-May-13 22:37:22

It annoys me you can't add stars to indicate your doing something as it just goes bold.

moominlike Fri 31-May-13 22:42:37

Me too...I think people use < > (or something like that?!) on here.

ThedementedPenguin Sun 02-Jun-13 23:06:47

Awk Buddha you forgot me off the list.

Sorry I've been AWOL. I got my smear results back, everything is fine. Although I do have my 6 month colposcopy on the 25th June. Fingers crossed all goes well for it.

So today I took my last pill. So while we are technically not trying for a baby we are not being careful either. I was on cerrazette so I decided to come off earlier than planned to get my Af back. I'm dreading that. sad

Oh moomin how exciting for you. 3 big things in one week.

My Dp (or should I say newly Df) and I got engaged 2 weeks ago. So all exciting. Been looking on the wedding topic here it's so interesting, although it will be ages before we get married.

How's everyone doing?

DisneyDiva87 Mon 03-Jun-13 09:19:55

I was on cerazette and I got AF after 5 weeks from stopping, hopefully you won't have too long to wait either, just don't google it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now