Waiting to ttc.... 2nd slightly pointless thread!

(239 Posts)
Leafmould Tue 30-Apr-13 19:45:21

BFP's
Loveyouforevermybaby  , OP, due August.
amiready
Winterpansy , due beginning January
Possibly some more, including Bridget and the hairy brigands , but we need people to report back with these details!

April
Zen nudist age 34 ttc #2 April/may?
caramal ttc#2 hopefully April.
orbis non sufficit age 35 ttc#1 April 
horseygirl1  ttc#2
moominlike age 32 ttc#1
Frizz1986 ttc#1
duddlepuck
MrsHuxtable , age 29, ttc#2 April
Maybe again ttc#3
Fairy pants ttc#3 
Johnand kymberley ttc#1 

May
definately sometime age 30 ttc#1 May.
toomuchlaptop age 36 ttc#2
kate Beckett ttc#1
Suddenly squeamish  ttc#1 after house move.
Miss calamity , age 33 ttc#2 when oh ready.

In a few months/later in the year
sorelip ttc#2
labourgirl
Ginger and cocoa , ttc#1 when dh ready
Pizza queen ttc#2 when dp ready

June
popsicle1984 age 28 ttc#1

July
painted cat age 22 ttc #1
iwish age 27 ttc#2

August
part1 ttc#2 
Tranquilitybaby ttc#2 on hols in Mexico!

September
Porridge with almond milk

Autumn
twojackrussellsandababy ttc#2
Jetblack61 ttc#1 after hols in Australia, age 28
Don't squeeze the tea bag  ttc#1 after a wedding and a new bathroom.
Alohomora , age 31 ttc1 after wedding party in June and in time for summer baby!
Visualise a horse , ttc#2 when dc1 is 18 months

November 2013
waiting 2wait2wait

December 2013
tigerstripes

Mid 2014
thundernlightning 

September2014 (or2015)
madamelebean ttc #2

End 2014
ithinkineedahug

June 2015
lollydollydrop

Indefinite or vague
mintberry
witchesbrew&biscuits ttc#2
lindamagoo 41 ttc #3
Happygolucky in oz age 29 ttc#1 when partner back in work.
leafmould age 35 ttc#3 when partner ready.....

ThedementedPenguin Wed 01-May-13 20:56:29

Thanks leaf

Things went ok. Got smear, swabs and internal and being referred to gynae. So ill see how I get on.

Yes I think I'll be waiting until everything is sorted before I plan anything smile

Leafmould Sat 04-May-13 11:00:45

demented penguin
Hope the results come through nice and quick, and all good!

Hi lolly it's lovely to have plenty of time to get yourself ready for ttc... Enjoy it! Is there a specific reason you are waiting to 30ish? I can't remember!

What a beautiful day today. I am going to take the girls for a long walk, with the promise of stopping at any play parks we come across on the way. I might even make them wear sun hats!

Leafmould Wed 08-May-13 20:04:12

Definately think the multivitamin and minerals helped. And the nice bank holiday weekend!
Hope you all enjoyed it too.

blueamber Fri 10-May-13 09:31:49

Thank for putting me on the list, Leaf. It's been a month since the vaccin now, so I can ttc in May. I stopped the pill, but since the day I was supposed to take the pill again, but didn't, I have had a constant headache. I presume this is some kind of withdrawal symptom?

Leafmould Fri 10-May-13 09:45:53

Hi blue amber.... I suffer from headaches, which I think is hormone related. I went on the pill briefly and magically they stopped! I think we can get headaches when our progesterone level is low. Hopefully your body will get used to not having a constantly high level of progesterone soon.

It can take a while for your body to get back to normal cycles after the pill though, but that doesn't mean you can't get pregnant very soon. . . Good luck!

Can I join in? smile

I'm 35, no DC yet. We're going to TTC from Jan 01 2014 grin

Currently tracking my cycle...

winterpansy Fri 10-May-13 10:54:25

Hello! Just saw the thread pop this morning - I had wondered where you all had got to!

So nice to hear from bridget - glad things are going well, even though you are a bit disconnected. I'm positive things will start to feel better for you soon. 17 weeks is amazing! I found that with DS I really only started bonding with him at the 20 week scan so hopefully your scan will help you feel a bit better. I'm so chuffed for you! Thanks for your good wishes too - really happy but scared and it's slowly sinking in. Just 6 weeks today but I'll get scan next Fri as I had some spotting so I'll feel reassured.

leaf Hope you're doing OK! Thanks for adding me to the bfp list.

Good luck and much patience to the wait-ers xx

blueamber Fri 10-May-13 12:25:33

Thanks, Leaf, that would explain a lot. Hopefully the headache will go away soon and not come back every month!

moominlike Mon 13-May-13 23:04:04

Hi all

Well it's been a very eventful week and it's only Monday! Exchanged contracts on our house today and got a job offer (having been at risk of redundancy since Christmas) - am made up on both counts grin

Hope you all enjoyed the bank holiday weekend and got some sunshine - shame the rain and cold has returned though!

I had the same thing blueamber when I used to have my 7 pill-free days (didn't get it when I changed to mini-pill), hopefully as leaf says it's just hormones adjusting so will stop once things are settled. I felt really weird the first couple of days after coming off the pill...hard to describe...just weird! It's only been 2 weeks but feels like forever!

Hope everyone has a good week.

Leafmould Tue 14-May-13 00:25:40

Hi moomin, wow, how exciting, new house new job! I hope they both bring you joy.

Blue amber hope your headache is better now

Wasn't the bank holiday weekend just what we needed! I have been reading th skin cancer versus vitamin d deficiency thread.... An interesting thread which has made me think how little actual exposure to sunlight I have had so far this year.

Well congratulations again, mommin, and I hope those things both take you a few steps further towards another sort of congratulation!

blueamber Tue 14-May-13 11:08:32

Congratulations moomin, with your job and house, it must be a really exciting time for you! It's weird not taking the pill, I've been on it for so long I can't even remember what my natural periods were like. It's also difficult to take a relaxed approach, I'm constantly thinking, come on body, hurry up and do your thing! smile

Leaf, I just read part of the Vitamin D thread as well and it's very interesting. I found out recently I have a severe vitamin D deficiency, so the GP prescribed a supplement. He said it is good anyway to take vit D when ttc/ during pregnancy. He said the deficiency can be caused by a combination of not getting enough sunlight and not absorbing it sufficiently. Apparently, even if you eat foods with vit D you still need sunlight to absorb it! So now when it's sunny I'm not putting on sunscreen immediately as I used to do, but the weather is not really helping!

My headache is gone now, although I now feel under the weather and have a sore throat, but I'm not blaming the pill for that, must have picked up a virus somewhere.

moominlike Thu 16-May-13 09:28:47

Thanks smile they say things happen in threes so fingers crossed! Far too early days for that though I think!

Wasn't aware of the current debate but it's interesting. I must admit I don't always put suncream on - only if it's proper hot or I'm going to be in the sun for a long period. Am still careful not to burn though.

On another subject... I saw a thread the other day about drinking / not drinking alcohol when you're ttc. Hadn't really worried about that tbh...still having the odd glass of wine or two (lots to celebrate!) despite not being on the pill. Any thoughts?

cornflowercrabtree Fri 17-May-13 17:54:34

Can I join?

I'll be starting ttc sometime between August and January, depending on how my back heals from surgery to a prolapsed (slipped) disc. I have a thread in oregnancy asking for advice with this.

I'm 29, no children, off the implant and using condoms. Sex drive has now gone bonkers since implant removal- pun intended-and I love being able to spot my fertile days through mucus changes smile I feel like I'm at one with the world, a human moon.

There's me vital stats!

moominlike Mon 20-May-13 23:31:37

You know that thing I said about things happening in threes?! Well number three happened today, I got my BFP grin

Am in shock and can't quite take it in but so happy smile

OwlBeThereForYou Tue 21-May-13 22:50:45

Can I join in too? I'm 24, no dc, we're waiting until we have our own house (currently house share), which I'm hoping is August time but realistically could be next year shock I'm extremely impatient and am not good at waiting so some moral support would be nice. A major part of me wants to say sod it and start now (I'm still on the pill ha!) as its probably going to take forever to get a BFP but I know sensibly that's not a good idea hmm I hate being sensible sometimes! Well enough whining, cake anyone? biscuit

OwlBeThereForYou Tue 21-May-13 22:52:01

Wow just read above, congratulations moominlike !!

PunkyPod Wed 22-May-13 08:53:13

Hey there - could I join? <nibbles on some cake from Owl>

We'll be TTC from November so a while still to go. But I am so impatient! My DD is almost 1 and I'm feeling so incredibly broody for a little squish. We had a tough start with DD as she just wouldn't BF, so the first couple of months were just a battle to breastfeed although she hated every minute of it. I soon realised breast was not best for us. And then everything changed for the better. So basically I want to experience enjoying that teeny tiny baby stage, I felt a bit robbed of it first time round.

We're getting married at the start of next year so I'm hoping to be a tiny bit preggo by then. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations Moomin grin

blueamber Wed 22-May-13 09:10:58

Congratulations moomin!

moominlike Wed 22-May-13 17:53:54

Thanks everyone! Still in shock (and POAS almost daily just to check!) as I just never expected it to happen so quick. Cheesy I know but it's my bday soon and this is the best present I could ever wish for.

Thanks for the support and good luck with WTTTC and TTC when the time comes. I will be keeping an eye out for more BFPs here smile

PunkyPod Thu 23-May-13 10:30:47

Best birthday present ever Moomin! I hope I get the best Christmas present ever smile

AnnoyedAtWork Thu 23-May-13 11:08:13

Ugh I'm so jealous of all my friends getting preggo and having cute babies! I'm 27 and have 8yo dd but have now started proper career (2yrs in) and its just the wrong time. I need to be promoted at least once first, if not twice, or I can wave bye bye to all the progress I've made!

Also want to get married first and we talk about it a lot but I know DP doesn't have the means to save for a ring although our parents would help with wedding. Ideally we would get married aug 2014 and ttc straight away but I fear both of those things may have to be delayed by at least one year. Impatient sob! confused

AnnoyedAtWork Thu 23-May-13 11:09:14

Aw I see I'm still on the list! Thanks guys xx

Buddhagirl Thu 23-May-13 23:20:52

Found ya!

Years ago I was on the old thread, The Date has been put back and back but finally we have a 100%: When we get our new house. We both have jobs, 30k deposit, come on Halifax give me my baby!

Nottalotta Fri 24-May-13 16:49:31

Hello everyone, not sure if i should be here or not but what the hell. I am 35, no children. Been married a week today!! (yey!) Was on depo provera for six years, last injection sept 2012 so was 'covered' til 6th december when i didn't have another jab. Still no AF appeared yet. So, while i probably can't say we are ttc, i am not trying to not concieve (make sense??) went to docs today re snottiness and mentioned lack of AF and he sent me off for blood tests to check for hormone probs. Trying not to worry but very aware of my age.

FaddyPeony Fri 24-May-13 21:57:22

Hi everyone, I'm going to join in too!

Firstly huge congrats moominlike. And also to you, Nottalotta on your recent wedding. I am your wedding twin, I also got married a week ago today! It was a fab day.

We have tentatively talked about ttc #2 in the autumn - most likely from the end of September. I have a 16 month old already, who is fab. She was seriously hard work as a small baby and I couldn't understand my peer who also had small babies talking about how great it was and how they wanted to try for #2 straight away! But now I get it. DD is just lovely.

I'm taking Dianette (pill) at the moment, mostly for my skin. It's not a great drug to be on, I'm well aware, and I'm planning to stop taking it around end of August. I'm well aware that it could take me quite some time to conceive, as my periods can be a bit irregular. That said, DD wasn't planned at all and was a happy accident!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now