Can you have morning sickness very in early pregnancy??

(5 Posts)
Doodledumdums Sat 27-Apr-13 17:10:51

You could try it, but it may not give you an accurate result, I took three negative pregnancy tests before I got my positive one, one was the day before!

johnandkymberley Sat 27-Apr-13 14:51:10

Hi, I have a clear blue digital would that work?? I'm due on my period around the teens but this month has been the 21st so what do I do??? Eeek!

Doodledumdums Sat 27-Apr-13 12:59:20

I was sick before I got a positive pregnancy test, so you can definitely be sick very early. I also had a small amount of blood and thought my period was coming and that the sickness was a bug...but it turned out I was pregnant :-) My son is four months old now!

cathan Sat 27-Apr-13 12:51:04

Can't comment on your medications, but yes, you can get morning sickness this early! I was able to diagnose my second pregnancy before missing a period because, just like the first time, I started to feel sick. Given you are on various medications, it might be a good idea to take one of those really sensitive tests and see your GP. Hope this helps.

johnandkymberley Sat 27-Apr-13 11:07:54

Hi all,
I have been having some symptoms with my epilepsy medication that I may be pregnant. Last night after my tea - which is nothing I wouldn't usually eat. I felt really really sick. It carried on all night and I have felt the same this morning. I have had something to eat and feel worse now.
However if I am pregnant it's too early to test as if I was I would only be about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks since conception!!
Can morning sickness be that early in pregnancy??
The info on my other meds is I am on a AED called lamotrogine. When you are pregnant the lamotrogine is decreased in the blood stream. I have noticed a few more 'spaced out' seizures and when I rang the nurse to ask about if there is a certain stage in a pregnancy when the lamotrogine starts decreasing she said it could start from 12hours after conception.

So can morning sickness be this early?? I've noticed a really small amount of pale blood when I wiped - sorry if that's tmi!! But it was only once yesterday

Looking forward to responses

Kymberley xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now