Anyone else going to start ttc next month?

(1000 Posts)
Coffee1Sugar Sun 21-Apr-13 08:48:10

Anyone like to join me on this journey of conception?! Going to start in May to ttc no 2

1Catherine1 Wed 08-May-13 07:01:28

Welcome to the thread Tiny.

Well IMO, the way I see it is simple, if it takes you 6 months to get pregnant (which the nurse informs me is average) - how disappointed are you going to be that you kept putting it off? Personally I'd just do it and I had morning sickness with my first - but in fairness it was kinda predictable. Everyday around 3pm and whenever I was in mothercare (I think it was the smell). And I'm ttc now which if my morning sickness is the same this time then would be majorly inconvenient, I'm a teacher and leaving my class at 3pm every day is frowned upon hmm - but I want DC2, so I'm gona do it anyway!

Coffee1Sugar Wed 08-May-13 07:07:41

Ladies I need your thoughts, withdrawal bleed since mirena removal has still not happened. It was removed 42 days ago. I went to the GP and she said the whole "oh it's your body adjusting" but did suggest if I want to I could try something to bring on a bleed. But reluctant to feed my body with hormones at this time though. Wwyd?

Beccadugs Wed 08-May-13 11:41:00

It's a tricky one coffee I would be tempted to go for the pill, as at least it might flush you out/get things moving along a bit...

Are you tempted?

1Catherine1 Wed 08-May-13 12:06:56

I'm with Becca on this one. I'd be tempted, on the same logic. The doctor wouldn't have suggested it if it was unwise while ttc. Your choice though!

karen1505 Wed 08-May-13 12:08:56

i'm trying for another one and so far it's hard too...

HungryHippo89 Wed 08-May-13 12:26:47

Good Afternoon All!!

Just thought I would pop back in and let you all know that I am now fertile grin
My implant was hard to remove it had gone pretty deep and the nurse was just about to go and fetch the doctor in because she couldn't get it.

Also 1catherine1 I asked her with regards to withdrawel bleeding etc and she said you might not get a bleed untill your actual period which should be about a month

Coffee1Sugar - I think if it was me I would take whatever it was they were offering to bring on your bleed - Just to get things kick started

Beccadugs Wed 08-May-13 17:38:37

How exciting Hippo! Are you going to wait for AF or just get on with it?!

Coffee1Sugar Wed 08-May-13 17:50:31

Withdrawal bleed started today gringringringrin

Beccadugs Wed 08-May-13 17:53:13

Hooray Coffee!! Celebratory wine for you!!

tinypolkadot Wed 08-May-13 17:57:02

becca thanks for replying, nice to find someone else in a similar situation - I'll be on holiday with AF too is she turns up, so I like your logic about wine and cheese!

1Catherine1 thanks for the advice, I had no idea it usually takes 6 months, I'm still learning about ttc! I understand about being sick in the classroom, I used to teach and have had to battle the urge on occasion (Never morning sickness though)

That's settled then, DH had better watch out when he returns from his business trip! grin

BNmum Wed 08-May-13 18:02:27

Congratulations hippo!

I'd also be tempted to take something coffee

Is anyone ovulating at the moment?

enormouse Wed 08-May-13 20:16:13

Hi everyone, I think I posted on this thread a few pages ago. I'm waiting for AF due next week. So fingers crossed for then. and good luck to everyone else.

tinypolkadot Wed 08-May-13 21:11:02

Hi enormouse good luck for next week!

I don't ovulate until next week, I think. I'll be interested to see if I do and when I do, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that. My AF has never been predictable.

Got my opk sticks at the ready! smile

1Catherine1 Wed 08-May-13 21:54:06

I bet you've never been so happy to get a period before Sugar!

I'm refusing to monitor my ovulation - AF left on Monday so I think DH is planning on DTD tonight grin. We'll see...

enormouse Thu 09-May-13 09:52:50

I feel extremely tired and pms-y atm so I'm quietly optimistic. But then I have a very demanding 18 month old, uni exams coming up and have started a new job so it could just be that I've overdone it. Just have to wait and see .....

I hate waiting.

Hi ladies, and good news Coffee what a relief!

Welcome to the thread Tiny and Catherine

I am still waiting for my hospital referral paperwork and appt, they said I should hear from them within a week, so that's tomorrow, if I ahve not heard by lunchtime I will phone and pester.

I am a bit worried about the removal, so have asked for sedation, that way I won't feel the local anaesthetic or panic etc, I feel very anxious and a bit yuk to be honest, I have been poked and prodded down there far too much lately what with the attempted removal and internal ultrasound and it's really affecting me sad

makingdoo Thu 09-May-13 10:45:41

Hi All
Just checking back in to see how everyone is doing. I stayed away from the thread after we DTD when I was ovulating as I needed to put it out of my mind!

Coffee so ha

makingdoo Thu 09-May-13 10:48:02

Bloody iPhone posted too soon!

coffee I'm so happy to hear that!

AF is due this weekend and I think I feel it coming on but I'm trying to stay positive.

Wishing everyone luck for this month!

MushiMushi Thu 09-May-13 11:07:55

Oh god Golden you make my smear drama pale in comparison. Definitely insist on sedation! Good luck.

I have just got back from the hospital where I had my second smear. They were really apologetic for the labelling mishap. I had a different nurse this time. I was absolutely terrified but she was really nice. There I was, legs in stirrups on the table while she was poking around with my cervix, so far so good, then she starts chatting to me for what seemed like hours, about how my cervix is pointing down and showing the other nurse, and giving me tips on how I should lie flat on my stomach after dtd so the sperm has more chance of getting through....I was trying desperately not to panic all this time, and finally I had to shriek at her to GET OUT !!!! Almost puked/passed out but didn't, I feel very proud of myself. She said it's actually not an uncommon reaction and it's called cervical shock. Not sure how true that is but it made me feel better.

She let me personally oversee the labelling of the sample as well.

I think I ovulated yesterday. Feel a bit gutted that I'm not trying this month but time isn't dragging quite as much as I thought it would. Not long now till I can get properly stuck in. Good luck to everyone else!

C999875 Thu 09-May-13 12:21:21

Hi. Thought I would give everyone a quick update. I still don't have my period. I went to the abacus clinic and was given another negative test. However the nurse did say that I cannot completly rule out pregancy. I was advised that if my period did not start within 2 weeks to book an appointment with my G.P who I was told may want arrange a scan. so I should know for definate wthin around 3 weeks. I am sort of at a bit of a crosroads at the moment because if there is a slight possibilty of preganacy. I will not make love as I believe that during pregnacy a womens body is sacred and belong soley to her unborn baby. However that is just my view. If I am not preganant I wish mother nature would give me my period and then I can start trying again. I am still taking my folic acid.

Mushi what the nurse said about cervical shock is true, it happened to me after my coil insertion, my blood pressure plummeted and I fainted about two minutes after they'd finished blush so you are not alone.

I'm glad the nurse was nice, although she should have known better than to drag things out chatting when you were clearly scared. flowers

Coffee1Sugar Fri 10-May-13 06:40:04

C99 - tell me, why is your body sacred when pregnant but not sacred enough to sleep with any old guy just to ttc? Or am I missing something?

MushiMushi Fri 10-May-13 09:15:02

Ahh wonderful Golden, I feel vindicated now smile

I had such strong ovulation pains yesterday I had to take painkillers. Then this morning my partner was really horny and when we dtd (....how can I put this delicately?) he asked if he could finish off inside me....SO frustrating that I have to wait till next cycle cos of vaccination!!! Grr!! Was really kicking myself. I need to learn to be patient!

C99.....It's your body, pregnant or not! It doesn't belong to anybody!

Just had a voicemail from the dr's, so will phone back at lunchtime, presuming this is for me to go and collect the paperwork so I can get my hospital referral appointment confirmed smile

C999875 Fri 10-May-13 10:38:41

Hi Coffee 1 sugar. Well that is a valid question but I actually meant to say sacred rather than scared, as I believe my body is scared during pregnancy. I am not scared to sleep around as my desire to be blessed with another child is now becoming stronger than ever. As a women who is also ttc I would expect you to understand this. Or are my needs not as important as everyone else's because I am not part of a couple. In the ideal world I would be like every other women on here with a husband/partner making love to me and holding me afterwards but I do not live in a ideal world so I will just have to continue doing what I am doing. However thank you for including me though as least this site is not full of cliques. I did reply to you before but it has not showen up so perhaps I did not post it properly and if I 2 messages do please accept my apologies as it was not intentional. xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.